Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Rules Questions

Started by Eric, May 28, 2009, 08:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Are there any off limits times or areas for this tournament, does anyone know?  I sure don't want to practice when I wasn't supposed to, or waste time practicing where I can't fish anyway.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

TCook

I was wondering the same thing and could not find anything on the website. I wanted to get back out and see whats left after I finish up at the BFL weigh in and did not know if its off limits or not. If I remember right last year alot of guys were out practicing sat evening, not sure though.
FISH HARD!!!

Eric

You fishing Sunday, too?  Wanna go out after the weigh in if we can then?
www.BassinWithEric.com

jcox7

Yes there are off limits in this tournamnet.  You will not be able to fish past the locks on the cheboygen river, or out infront of the beach where the BFL release all the fish.  The practice period is open until I believe 5pm on Saturday.  There will be no anglers allowed back on the water after the Pre tournamnet meeting.  These rules were gone over at the general membership meeting a few months back.  All presidents or club representives were informed of these rules and were suppose to pass them on to there club members.  We are haveing our final meeting tonight and we will be sending out info tonight to all participants that are registered.

Thanks,
Jeff Cox

TCook

Eric, ya I am going to give the TBF a shot this year although I dont like the chances for the co's in this deal. Fishing from the back in a bed tournament when competing against the boaters sounds tough to make the cut to me but Im sure can be done. Hopefully I can draw someone who will give me half the day, I will have waypoints and a gameplan for sure. Sounds like a no go on getting out after the BFL. Ill be heading up early Monday with skeeterman I am sure I will see you there sometime during the week. We will be camping next to the ramp at aloha, stop on by when you get up there.

T
FISH HARD!!!

TritonTR20

Rules say you get your 4 hours in the front of the boat where ever you want to go. You will have to ask to get it though. Don't be aftraid to speak up.

djkimmel

That is the rule - the boater and non-boater must talk about this before they go out so a schedule is worked out before you get on the water. It makes things too hard and distracting to wait until you get in the boat or later in the day to say (basically surprise) I want my four hours now and lets go here.

I always have the talk about this right at the end of the pre-tournament meeting. The most amicable way to have a good day on the water for both of you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Eric

Jeff, lots of people will already be up there if you send stuff after tonight's meeting and won't get it til they get home from the tournament.  I'm afraid that won't work.  Is there a meeting at 5PM Saturday then?

Tim, we'll definitely get together up there.  I'm going up late Wednesday night.
www.BassinWithEric.com

skeeterman190

Eric u campin?? u better look us up.. i think 201 203 campsite...see ya up there buddy. Tim Cooks winning the TBF..
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

TCook

You better camp on your biggest fish then and give them to me for Sunday. Take one for the team LOL
FISH HARD!!!

yukonjack2

I'll be camping on 185 - stop by and have a pop guys!

Be there from Wed afternoon on!
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Eric

So far I believe the following:

1. The only off limits is beyond the dam on the Cheboygan River
2. You can't practice after 5PM on Saturday
3. There will be some sort of meeting Saturnday night sometime somewhere.

Please correct/confirm/add, etc to my thoughts (especially the meeting thing).
www.BassinWithEric.com

jcox7

I have emailed everyone I had email addresses for about 50 guys I have called some of the people I do not have emails for.  I say this in the most polite way as possible.  All of these rules and times were told to everyone at the general membership meeting.  All clubs had to have the president or someone standing in for there club present at the meeting so all of these rules should of been known.  All general tournamnet rules are in effect and will be gone over at the tournament meeting.  Here are a few things to know also if you know anyone that is fishing can you pass this info on.

1. No locking on cheboygen river
2. All anglers must be off the water by 5pm on sat
3. Tournament registration is sat from 5pm-6pm at Aloha State Park this is mandatory for everyone
4. Tournament meeting at Aloha is at 6:15
5. All boats must launch from Aloha on Sunday for the Tournament.
Thanks,
Jeff Cox

734-260-2999

Eric

Awesome.  That's what I wanted to know. Thanks.
www.BassinWithEric.com

MIBassKid

Anyone know the results from Sunday?