Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Question for Eric or Dan on Championship

Started by SODY, May 10, 2009, 03:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SODY

Eric Bond & Dan

I will be fishing at the BFL and was wanting to know the status of last minute entry for the Sunday TBF tournament.

I realize the 22nd is the drop dead date, what about joining your TBF clubs etc.

Please post the details for those BFL fishermen who may want to stay and participate.

Also Dan I found it curious your TBF post that said it was open to any member of FLW outdoors, does this imply that their is no membership in the Michigan TBF for some to participate?  Please clarify.

djkimmel

There is no late entry unless the new TBF board changes that. I understand they are having a meeting this week sometime. In the past, we did not gain any significant entry by allowing the late entry at the BFL and actually ended up with a lot of headaches as persons entered and then changed their mind again and left. The problems greatly outweighed the gain from my personal perspective.

As of this moment, I can only go by what I know - I need people in my club and paying their state championship entry by May 20 so I have time to get it in. $140 or pay both online for $2 and $4 handling fees at http://www.greatlakesbass.com/bassboys/ . I do not have any nonboaters to match anyone up with so if you want to be a boater, you will need to have a nonboater sign up and enter with you to get in. I have to send in an equal number, not an odd number.

I'm not sure what you reference by saying any member of FLW Outdoors. You have to be a member of a local club, TBF of Michigan and TBF Inc (national) - $40 total for my club The Bass Boys.

To be able to fish the state championship and be on the state team, you must also be a member of FLW Outdoors because that is our agreement with our major partner (not owner, just partner - TBF of Michigan and TBF Inc own themselves - that is the difference).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

jcox7

Sody,
     Dan has hit it right on the head with everything he said.  We are having a meeting this week but I do not expect at this time for the deadline to be extended.  As everyone has stated from the TBF if anyone is intrested in fishing the State Championship they must be in a TBF club an FLW member and have the tournamnet paid for by the 22nd of May.  Again I do not expect any of this to change if for some chance it does everyone will know right away but dont expect this.  Also if the club you join does not have a non boater to partner with then you must supply yourself with one.  You could post here that you need to find a partner that might be an easy way to find one.  If there is any other questions that you or anyone has you can contact me direcetly at 734-260-2999.

Thanks
Jeff Cox

SODY

Thanks all for the clarification, hope the turnout is great!