Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Is your tackle organized?

Started by LAPORTE, May 08, 2009, 03:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

Hey all of you neat freaks. I need your help.  With all of this newfound storage space on my Skeeter.  I ask you all. How do you have your tackle organized?  Can you post pic's of  you center tackle storage area ? mine is empty right now. I had boxes just crammed everywhere.... Lol  I have no organizational skills at all .....  I know it sounds stupid.... But the only thing I did learn over the last 3 years is to leave the back storage compartment open for the Co that comes on the boat to fish...thanks Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Genie

I have a box for every type of bait - crankbaits, jerkbaits, jigs, etc. that all sit in the center storage bin slots.  I'm assuming your Skeeter has the trays like mine.  The front storage bin has various bags of baits clipped together.  The side bin has quick need stuff like hooks, sinkers, bag or two or jig or two, etc of whatever I plan on using that day so it is easy to access.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

LAPORTE

I have one storage box in the center. It's more or less a giant plastic box with no dividers....
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Genie

Well it can still work ... get some plano type boxes and set aside one for each type of tackle you have.  You can set them in the box on end and they will hold themselves up nicely once you get 4 or 5 of them set.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Lightningboy

I carry two falcon bags: a V12 & V6.  Hard baits in falcon boxes, along with a couple of the small worm bags.  Both bags go in the rear compartments, one on each side.  There's a little space along side each for stuffables like jackets.  My anchor, drift sock, a waterproof plano for tools, another for first aid/meds, and anything else goes in the center front compartments.  Rods on each side in the boxes.

I'm presently planning a makeover on my rod lockers next winter.  New racks that hold more rods securely.  A spot for my push pole.  A spot for the anchor, spare prop, tool box, and first aid kit.

Organizing is a yearly project for me.  I keep fine tuning the system.  Some new wrinkle happens each season that makes me slightly retune how I do things.

Firefighter Jeff

Hey LaPorte,  Check with a skeeter dealer or look around the internet.  I'm sure you could purchase a storage system that is a set of dividers that let you store 3700 plano tackle boxes on edge in that big compartment.

McCarter

they make a universal kit.  i think its called the pro stow tackle organizer.  seen one in cabelas bargain cave 2 weeks ago for $16.  also see them on ebay quite a bit.  was gonna get one for my ranger if i ever got it fixed.

zooker

i am a bit of a neat freak..
i belive that jerk baits and deep driver cranks require there own boxs both take lots of room. as i have an obseen amount of tackle i pair it down..

i could use one box for shallow diggers another for mid cranks and a box of lipless baits..how ever i put those three in just one box.i have a short boat. an keep the majority of my tackle in the house i have around 200 plano boxs stacked up and labled in "the man cave"... ::)
i have a jig/trailer box i use one box for spinnerbaits -not a fan of chatter baits-
all of my plastis are opend -except my yamamoto baits- and put in 3700 boxes.i have one spefic shakey head box..

remember guys i fish on open water year round spawn is currantly done so i switch out the shakey head box with the deep diver box.. take the spinning rods out of the boat add the infamus crankin ones.. i use 5 differant crankin rods...

a side note you guys those tackle organizers that mount in your hatch lids.. will magnitize the hooks them selves trying to sharpen them will result in dull hooks...

zooker

live from the land of the crankbait...

Buckeye

I try to organize but it's an endless battle.  I have a pro stow in a box in the garage.  I've thought about using it, but I keep everything in Plano 3700's.  They slide in and out of my SKeeter pretty easily w/o the organizer.  I bet I have 10 in front compartment on thier edge, and 3 3600's on top of them.

I keep one compartment for the co.  You might want to put your gear in the back, and leave one area up front for your co.  I've been mulling this idea, but haven't pulled the trigger.

My biggest issue is plastics.  Bags and bags of plastics.  So many that I have a hard time finding anything.  I use Cook's Go to Tackle racks for spinnerbaits, and you can use them for plastics, but there is only so much room to put them in.

Eric