Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:22:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone have the latest St Clair info?

Started by River Rat, May 01, 2009, 04:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Rat

I may try to convince mama-son to trailer up to St Clair tomorrow and was curious how either Anchor or The Mile Roads where looking?  I'm not in the mood to venture too far out since I'm w/out my GPS for another week and she's not a fan of rough water...

The other factor is I still have a skunk in our new ride and it's gettin' mighty smelly!

Am I better off staying in the "D" for walleye or dropping down to Erie?  So many questions...

Any help would be more than greatly appreciated!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

motocross269

I am contemplating the same thing myself...I am pretty sure you won't even be able to get your boat off from the trailer on the Detroit river...It is going to be crazy up and down the river with walleye fisherman this weekend....

I think I am going to Launch at Metro..Run down to the mile roads and play around down there..If that doesn't pan out head back up to Anchor bay, and if that doesn't pan out I will chase LM in the canals...The water will probably be muddy, but I can't stand it anymore, I need to get out.....

huston

That's a good plan if any to me. The LM have been biting in the canals and the sm have been bitin at the marina buoys in anchor bay. I want to go to the mile roads but I'll have a my 10 year old nephew with me. We will do some Rock Bass and LM fishing first in Anchor Bay  and maybe hit the mile roads. Look for the green & gold Astro.

motocross269

I am thinking about bringing my 6 YO daughter with me...If that is the case we will start on Anchor bay also...

I have a blue and Grey Bass Cat...

River Rat

We have a white Champion with green pins, hope to see you there.

csfishslayer

The lake is dark from one side to the other fishing is slow but there. Mile roads were milky But I did catch a few fish No real size around 1ft  Viz.I found better fishing south of 9 mile in the rock piles. I checked a few spot out by south channel the had fish but few and far between. Date 5/2  fished from 7am -4pm 
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Bender

Same place, same results. I'm surprised I didn't see you out there. Dirty! I fished everywhere from 2' to 14'. I was surprised at how rough the lake was since the winds were not too strong.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

LAPORTE

We went out of the crocker launch @12 :00 Crappy water. we managed 2 fish then we could not take the wind any more.... So back to Belleville and eye fishin again.....  ;D

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

bassmandan

i cant find smallmouth on that lake, so i went exploring for some largemouth fishing in metro then anchor bay. me and my buddy ended up catching around 30 largies dont think we had anything bigger than 3 1/2. lots of fun though, nothing better than flipping/pitching  ;D
"dont stop keep fishing"

Skulley

I went out today and started at Masonic.  Caught a lot of males between 6 and 8 fow.  Had 10 in the boat in the first hour I was out.  Action slowed as the wind picked up.  Managed quite a few more fish for the rest of the day.  Had to come off the water at 1230 hours when my trim motor puked.  Sounded tired.  Had to use the release screw to tilt the motor up to drive home.  Big drag bummer.  Little things like trim can ruin a day. 

Bigger fish came around 9 mile in 5 to 7 feet of water.  Tubes and cranks were the ticket.  Chrome rattle trap working well when the sun was shining.  Water was clearer early and started to milk up when the wind picked up. 

BD           ;D

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

huston

I fished with my 10 year old nephew in the marinas in anchor bay, We caught LM and lots of Rock Bass. I'm trying to teach him to pitch and he's comin along but I'm losing my mind. Lots of guys outside the marinas. I might go to the mile roads tomorrow. 

motocross269

I hit them pretty hard today...I caught 20  between 8am and 10am...I posted a report in the LSC reports board....My best 5 would have went close to 20...

I was in that Blue Bass Cat....

I think NOAA got todays report wrong....It was a little rough going in around 11am...

bassmandan

i was down in the mile roads just south of the 400 club, i thought about running down to the 9 mile area but i left because of all the boats out there. i was in a red ranger, i also had engine problems for some odd reason after i got it started i ran fine the rest of the day not sure what happened
"dont stop keep fishing"

River Rat

We stayed in the river with that wind... not nice.  Heading out the door to try and run up-river to St Clair in 2 mins... gonna try The Miles if "the mile" thru downtown doesn't get too bad.

Good luck to all!

Scott

t-bone

Got out Saturday morning and fished the mile roads. (Fishing out of my Ranger z20 - White with red/gold). My buddy (Charlie) and I caught about 35. Started around the Ford Mansion and caught small fish, decided to move north away from the floatela. We found some females that seemed to be staging in about 8 ft of water. Found some slightly clearer water north and that is where they seemed to be holding. I caught a 4-14 and my buddy caught a personal best 5-15 smallie. That was a pig.

Water temp was 55 and muddy. Winds were brisk and coming out of the SW and W. The jerkbait bite was pretty hot and lipless cranks seemed to work. Dropshots and tubes didn't really work out.

Charlie's 5-15 smallie
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=197764&l=f9810e59b5&id=1573718915

My 4-14
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=198782&l=b6c09bf736&id=157371891

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Cheetam

Quote from: t-bone on May 04, 2009, 08:16:38 AM
Got out Saturday morning and fished the mile roads. (Fishing out of my Ranger z20 - White with red/gold). My buddy (Charlie) and I caught about 35. Started around the Ford Mansion and caught small fish, decided to move north away from the floatela. We found some females that seemed to be staging in about 8 ft of water. Found some slightly clearer water north and that is where they seemed to be holding. I caught a 4-14 and my buddy caught a personal best 5-15 smallie. That was a pig.

Water temp was 55 and muddy. Winds were brisk and coming out of the SW and W. The jerkbait bite was pretty hot and lipless cranks seemed to work. Dropshots and tubes didn't really work out.

Charlie's 5-15 smallie
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=197764&l=f9810e59b5&id=1573718915

My 4-14
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=198782&l=b6c09bf736&id=157371891

Charlie had to stop by my house on Saturday to tell me about the 5-15.  He was pretty stoked.
Jeff

t-bone

Yeah - I can imagine he made a bunch of phone calls that day. He fought that fish for quite a long time. At one point I told him that if he didn't get it in the boat soon that I was going to drop the net and at least get a tube in the water. He was cutting into my fishing time ;-)

I've never had a smallie that big in the boat so it was a thrill for me as well. I tried to put things in perspective for him by telling him that the fish was half way to a world record!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250