Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

greetings you all

Started by zooker, April 29, 2009, 06:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zooker

tis i zooker!!!.. those of you who know me ... good .....those that don't. ya'll will get lernt...

bass fishing takes up a majoity of my time.. but i spend lots of time on the obx-kitty hawk- or up the albermarle sound in some creek fishing for specks and drum..

i now live in the home of crankbaiting..and fish the lake that made it so.. highrock lake..

but spent many a year in western ny.. often found flinging a fly.-yeah i WAS one of those..   

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...

djkimmel

Shoot! I don't care what you were... or are... as long as you're an angler!!! ;D Welcome aboard! We can always use more variety... and I've been to Highrock Lake a couple times... but I just got to watch, not fish.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

whats up zooker.  seen your around on a bunch of different forums.  Your a hoot brother.  welcome to the greatest of all the bass fishing forums. 

McCarter himself :-\'

Firefighter Jeff

Welcome Zooker!  Ummmm which High Rock lake???  North Carolina???  I actually fished it a few weeks ago.  :)  Guess I needed a different guide, we only caught small ones.  lol     Jeff

Cheetam

Jeff

zooker

hey mccarter
yep i get around more than an old stray cat...

now jeff who was your guide??

high rock right now is at it's worst time to fish it.. the rock come into its own in november/december and goes to smoking hot in july/august.. it does not shut down... mid august the blue back herring spawn water temps in the 90's and you'll catch toads in 6" of water on cranks..

zooker

Firefighter Jeff

Zooker,

My guide was a friend of mine that lives in China Grove NC.  He's not a real guide.  lol  I had my family on a spring break trip.  We swung down to NC for a couple days then headed to DC area.  He mentioned how much fun the topwater fishing was later on in the year.

Jeff

Skulley

Welcome to the board Zooker.  You haven't fished until you have fished up here in the north where we have WORLD CLASS Smallmouth fishing.  You will probably get "lernt" by us too.  But we are always interested in what is going on down south of the Mason Dixon Line.  I don't think you got the kind of smallie fishing we got up here.  I have been to Pickwick and several other smallie lakes down there that you guys brag about.  But you ain't got no St. Clair or Erie.   

Again welcome to the board.

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

zooker

uaw

i was 20 before i caught my first largemouth but caught my first smallie when i was 8..i grew up in the fingerlakes region of ny.. i know what a world class smallie factory is..

zooker

djkimmel

Yes you do...

Thanks for bringing in some more diversity (more bass lakes all over ;D )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I can't argue with that Zook.  I have been to the Finger Lakes also while on vacation with my wife and kids.  As a matter of fact we were there last year for 10 days.  My daughter who fishes with me a lot made a comment along the lines of "Dad, there is pretty good smallmouth fishing here, but it is not up to par with St. Clair or Erie."  My answer to her was "maybe so, but it is darn close!!!!"  And yes, I would go back and fish the Finger Lakes again.  I guess I spoiled her by taking her to St. Clair and Erie all those times since she has been able to go fish with me.  She is 15 now.  Those of us who live up here in Michigan are very fortunate and blessed to have the fisheries that we do. 

My question to you is......you say you know what world class smallie fishing is.  What have you been able to compare it to???  That is how I determine in my own mind what world class is.  I have been to places like Champlain, Finger Lakes, Pickwick, Saginaw Bay, of course St. Clair and Erie, Dale Hollow, just to name a few.  I have been able to compare all those lakes to each other.  They are all outstanding smallie fisheries, however I would not call all of them world class.  I am interested in your opinion because you are a serious bassfisherman and from the sounds of it well traveled.  95% of the forum members here are serious.  You wouldn't be here if you weren't.

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com