Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:29:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Who Would You Choose to Fish With in the 'Fish with a Pro' Contest

Started by djkimmel, April 03, 2009, 01:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Would You Choose in the Chevy Fish with a Pro Contest?

Luke Clausen
5 (10.6%)
Anthony Gagliardi
4 (8.5%)
Dion Hibdon
1 (2.1%)
Larry Nixon
21 (44.7%)
Kim Stricker
9 (19.1%)
Jay Yelas
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

djkimmel

Have you entered the new Chevy "Win a Trip to Fish with a Pro" Contest yet? Keep an eye on the advertisements popping up on the top half of the web site pages - 3 days and 2 nights including flight, hotel and fishing equipment for 2 persons to fish with a Chevy pro in Pittsburgh at the 2009 FLW Cup August 1st to August 3rd.

I don't think you get to choose who you want to fish with if you win the contest, but I'm not sure yet how that will play out. You find out if you win around June 4th.

Thought it would be fun though to see who you would like to fish with most?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

I choose Dion. I was actually paired up with him as a co-angler on the 2nd day of an Everstart Tourney on Champlain. However high winds forced the day to be canceled. Boy was I bummed!!

Cheetam

Wow, that's a really, really tough decision.  But, by the slightest of margins, I would have to go with Larry Nixon.
Jeff

Ryan

I also went with Nixon. I almost went with Clausen, but just couldn't pass up the legendary Nixon.

Cy

I had to choose Nixon.  I think he would be the most fun and informative of them all.  I attended a Bassmaster U a few years ago and he was part of it.  I really enjoyed listening to him talk and tell stories.  Given the chance, I would do it again in a minute.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Lightningboy

Make it a bandwagon, I'd have to say Nixon too.  The guy is astounding at finding fish; that's one of the reasons he was so deadly in the old "megabucks" format.  From what I've seen over the years, I think he'd be quite informative & entertaining.

I can still picture him clear as day in florida with an 8# hog jumping during a fight in the pads as he turns toward the camera and says "Oh my Lord!"

Although the ultimate for me would be a day with KVD.  He's a machine out there.  The In-fisherman article on how he practices was fascinating, I want to know more...

Cheetam

Quote from: Lightningboy on April 03, 2009, 08:27:21 PM

I can still picture him clear as day in florida with an 8# hog jumping during a fight in the pads as he turns toward the camera and says "Oh my Lord!"

That was the same image I had in my head!
Jeff

bigjc

I gotta go with my buddies: Jeff and Ken on this one.......NIXON

squid

motocross269

I went with Nixon also...I have fished with Stricker before(We were both ALOT younger then) that is the only reason I didn't pick him....Stricker would be a blast to fish with on LSC....

River Rat

There are several distinguished names but I have to pick the "local" and go w/ Kim.  I've got his Smallmouth Neighborhood Series (which I recomend) and he seems to just have fun while out on the water to go along w/ the knowledge.  A few years ago before a Stren Series I was next to him in the parking lot after loading and he talked w/ my wife and I for about a half hour just hangin' out and was not "distracted or bothered" in the least.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

TritonTR20

Dion was in the hotel doom next to me in detroit a few years back. He has rather "self centered" I thought. Was not impressed by him. I was impressed by Karen Savik though. I talked to her in the parking lot for quite a while...

djkimmel

Thanks to the popularity of GreatLakesBass.com because of all of you, I was able to get a direct entry link updated into this thread for your convenience. I think this is a pretty cool contest for any bass angler.

Hope you all entered. It would be cool to see one of you win this!!

Very interesting to see Larry Nixon is kicking butt :o !!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

I entered.
I picked Stricker, supporting our local guys.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

walleye-chuck

Im with you on that one Stricker all the way. I would only hope he had his under water camera and dive gear with him. Hook and look is one of my fav shows.

Mojo

;D ;D

I think Id take Jay or Luke on a high land impoundment or a Southern Lake. Think it would just reel my brain with all the junk they throw and their techiques and detail - I would come off the boat like spongebob knowledge pants and a sore jaw from all the questions Id have all day !!!  :o
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

csfishslayer

I Know he is not on the list but I would love a day on the lake with mike Ike .That guys seem like he would be a riot to fish with. He get all kinds of crazy on the boat yelling a screaming trowing rods and what not. I think it would be a blast as long as I didn't get hit in one of his hissy fit's LOL
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

csfishslayer

If I had to pick one on the list. Kim Stricker would be my pick a day on LSC or the river throwing Coffee Tubes For Fat smallies It don't get much better.  ;D
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

djkimmel