Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent Lk. Thawing

Started by bassinman#1, March 08, 2009, 04:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassinman#1

The wife and I went out to Kent Lk. today to see how much ice had thawed and its about 30% gone. Probaly another week or two and you will see people out there trying to catch a carp or two ;D ;D ;D ::)? This has been the longest winter to me it seems. The wife and I are wanting to be on that lake catching Bass, We cannot wait. I am anxious to fish the new Zoom magnum finess worm in the watermelon candy with red flake. This bait looks good. See ya out there :D, Benny!!!!!!!!

McCarter

fished buno saturday morning looking for the prespawn walleye.  didnt find any.  its open water as far as you can see from buno up towards the lake.

went down to the launch today.  a lot of open water.  the east launch should be open by midweek and it will be fishable from the east launch to about canoe-camp island for crappie and bluegill only.  no bass fishing yet

McCarter himself :-\'

Durand Dan

Let me know. I'd like to get some Pike and Wally fishin in before the season closes. The boat is ready and so am I. Not working yet so I have all the time in the world ;D

fiker

Now that's some reports!

Man this is the longest winter. 

Gotta go fishin.  Gotta.  You know me, when I can't fish I buy fishin stuff.  It's getting too expensive, and I've yet to buy my new rods. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

McCarter

Quote from: Durand Dan on March 08, 2009, 05:56:58 PM
Let me know. I'd like to get some Pike and Wally fishin in before the season closes. The boat is ready and so am I. Not working yet so I have all the time in the world ;D

I think walleye closes for inland on march 15.  i could be wrong.  do pike have a season?  thats funny if they do.  carp fishing is really good out on kent in the early spring as well.  they move shallow whenever the sun is out, i dont care how cold the water is.  they are super spooky tho, even more than usual.  but you get get em good on corn or garbonzo beans (chick peas are my secret carp bait...shhhhhhh, dont tell anyone else) and lite spinning tackle.  Its fun to do.  Actually havent done it in years now, but this might be the year to get back out there and get some stinkfist.

Durand Dan

Quote from: McCarter on March 09, 2009, 03:17:21 PM
Quote from: Durand Dan on March 08, 2009, 05:56:58 PM

I think walleye closes for inland on march 15.  i could be wrong.  do pike have a season?  thats funny if they do.  carp fishing is really good out on kent in the early spring as well.  they move shallow whenever the sun is out, i dont care how cold the water is.  they are super spooky tho, even more than usual.  but you get get em good on corn or garbonzo beans (chick peas are my secret carp bait...shhhhhhh, dont tell anyone else) and lite spinning tackle.  Its fun to do.  Actually havent done it in years now, but this might be the year to get back out there and get some stinkfist.

Pike season is pretty much the same as Walleye. Hard to believe, eh? ???

dartag

drove through at lunch today..  there is still quite a bit of ice on the main lake.  the river coming in is really flowing fast.  the back bays all had some ice,  but it was about 10 feet from shore.  the rain tonight should melt some more.  got to admit it was nice to see some open water.  my lake is still frozen tight.