Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Nice job Dan!!!

Started by joshimoto son, December 19, 2005, 11:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshimoto son

I just want to congratulate you on a smooth transition on the forum page. Re-registration was easy and I am back on without a hitch. I don't know how much you actually had to put into it, but I bet there was some headaches along the way.

5alive

I'll second that, and a Thank you too. This is great site for information, and a site I tune into every day.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

djkimmel

Thanks! You guys all make it what it is and can be.

This really is my therapy although having never done PHP work before, I learned quite a bit customizing and changing the default forum settings/formatting turning it into a fishing site. There were some minutes here and there I might not have thought it was fun, but it felt pretty good when a challenge was conquered.

What I really like is that I have a lot more control over memberships and activation. I have it set now in a way I hope guarantees we keep getting members who want to participate in a positive and helpful manner, but I can override things when necessary if a good member needs help.

So far, that's been very minimal - I am a fisherman after all and can't spend all my time changing and fixing... I hated to inconvenience everyone, but in the long run, this will work a lot better for everyone than the old setup.

At least until there are so many anglers posting on here that I run out of space and have to find a bigger home. Will cross that channel when it gets here. For now, lots of space for lots of anglers and posts.

Thanks again guys and gals for being great forum members!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Yep, good job.? Things seem to be running smoothly.? As PB said, Let the games begin!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fales

You did a very nice job on this forum.

djkimmel

Thanks again. Glad to see you on here...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Hey Dan,

I really like the new forum.  Much more user friendly and easier to post.  Also much easier to post pictures.  It can only get better from here.  Hopefully all the people from the old proboards will get around to signing up on this new format.  Great job!!!!!!!    ;D

BD
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

THANKS!!! That's what I like to hear!!! ;D

McCarter

Me likey new forum as well.  I write on a few others on occasion, but this one is by far my favorite.

whats this marquee thingy
Way to go Dan.  You, along with jeff, eric, and kevin (barrows, not van dam) are my hero.

Oh, im working on some goodies to give away in a new contest.  Might be able to snag a new AiRRUS Rod and some tube heads with Gamakatus in em.  Maybe even a new Fish Hedz mask too. 

PoorBoy himself :-\'

djkimmel

AWESOME!!! Right up there with Eric and Kevin (not VanDam)!!!

Thanks for everything!