Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's the sweetest thing...

Started by blakstr1, March 14, 2006, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langer

I would have to say my best moment so far was last summer taking my wife out for the first time for Bass, she used to always go walleye fishing with her dad, so she wasnt used to the fight a bucketmouth gives. When that first fished slammed her senko she screamed with excitement. It was a good day even though she caught more then me.

Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Anthony Adams

The Sweetest thing .....

For me the sweetest thing is being a boater in the Fish-N-Fiends charity-fishing event for underprivileged children.
I organize this event each year and each year I go home with an enlighten feel for what we fishermen take for granted each day. When you see the smile on those kids faces it will stick with you for a long time. I sometimes loose touch with the reasons why I got into fishing... but one look on that kids face brings it all back.

My second choice would be .... You pull into the launch on a small inland northern Michigan lake on a cool foggy morning ... just as the sun peaks over the horizon.... You notice you have the lake all to yourself as you slip your boat quietly into the water.. You glide through the fog under trolling motor power .... The lake is so quiet you just don't want to spoke the fish... You reach down and break out your favorite top water and give it a toss ..... Just as you begin to work the bait a HUGE BASS explodes on it ... What a rush that always is ...

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

ABA_Jaye

Quote from: ABA on April 16, 2007, 09:17:41 PM

You pull into the launch on a small inland northern Michigan lake on a cool foggy morning ... just as the sun peaks over the horizon.... You notice you have the lake all to yourself as you slip your boat quietly into the water.. You glide through the fog under trolling motor power .... The lake is so quiet you just don't want to spoke the fish... You reach down and break out your favorite top water and give it a toss ..... Just as you begin to work the bait a

I was with you that day on that lake and the story ended like this.

Just as you begin to work the bait a Jet Ski came blasting by about 20 feet off the bow running over your favorite top water lure. Which ticked you off because they stopped making the lure 10 years ago.

McCarter

Anthony Adams

QuoteMystic Pop R?

Shhh it's a secret.

LOL @ JAYE
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

richie33

Being that I am a smoker, the night before every tourney I find myself over checking to make sure I have enough "LUCKY CIGG'S". Those of you smokers know how important it is to have your "LUCKY SMOKES" with you on the boat.
Those mornings when the bite is tough, the sun is hot, and it seems like every largemouth in the lake has left. Countless times have I hooked my first and or biggest fish while enhaling on that "LUCKY CIGG".

Bad habit's are tough to break especially when they are "LUCKY" HABITS.
You gotta love that purple worm******

thomas

My wife would never go fishing with me. So one weekend after a couple of years of going out on the lake without her I was feeling pretty bad that I wasn't spending more time with her. I came home and told I decided to sell my boat so I could spend more time with her. She was excited beyond control. "But" before I sell the boat you must go at least one time with me before I sell. She says ok, but for no longer than 10 minutes. We go to Belleville, get up on plane and cruise the lake. After about 10 minutes she says "If you want to fish, go ahead and I'll watch" after another 10 minutes she says "Do you have another fishing pole" :). We end up being on the lake about 4 hrs. and on the way home she says "You know Thomas, you don't have to sell your boat" ;D ;D ;D She now reminds me every now and then, how the best investment I ever made was the purchase of my boat. Just can't get any better than that.

thomas
Jos.24:15 ....;but as for me and my house,we will serve the Lord."

PIGSMALLIE

Getting home from a weekend of fishing on Lake St. clair (which was this past weekend. Neither one of my kids were there,no thats not it. I'm on the couch watching T.V. resting. All the sudden the door swings open and my wife and my kids come running in and say Daddy's home and come up and give me hugs and kisses. Sounds mushy but in my eyes it doesn't get any better than that. Of course also being able to enjoy the sport I love to try to do.  ;). Having a significant other that is so understanding. I could keep go on forever,but I'll stop now.

TritonTR20

nothin like the smell of outboards in the morning!

Catchem

Been a while since I have lurked here so I am late on this one, none the less I would have to say the sweetest thing or moment about fishing or the new fishing year is the anxiety I get removing the tie downs, checking the drain plug and re checking the bow tie, and re checking everything all over again. The rush and ahhs of the engine turning over for the first time with the gray smoke, Just the engine temp water with the cold lake misty smoke is an awsome sight.

No matter how new the boat these things have to be done in some order and each year the rush of the feeling of wanting to hurry and be out there makes me feel as if I forgot to do something and yet want to still cast as fast as I can.

You ALL had some great things posted and many took me back to being a kid and wanting to be in a BOAT IN GENERAL, Every kid should have a chance to ride in a boat.

Lets continue to take'em even those maybe NOT our own.

GOOD LUCK FISHING EVERYONE !!!

Nick Neves

Mojo

I thought this was going to be easy, but alas ......

I'd say the day my 7 yr old insisted on using an open face, and after a few casts and some basic 1/4 oz wt hula grub coaching, I turn my back a few minutes - His higher octiv voice and a bent pool made me  look up to his face in slow motion and watch him bring in his own biggun....

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

Follow that up with the sunny morning we had on Erie:  2 mph wind, 6:30 am run across lake with 1 - 2 ft waves coming from behind, sun glossing the entire Eastern part of the lake, nothing but water as far as the eye can see, 67 mph and I'm feeling like a lab with his head and tongue out a car window !

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bassaddict

After alot of thought and narrowing it down I couldnt dismiss either one. I just had a son this year and he turned 10 months so anytime I get out is a blessing.

First one is after a good weekend of fishing that monday going to work with bass thumb. Terrible, torn, scratched,and so bad you cant get the dirt out of it. Showing it off is the best trophy. PROOF IS IN THE THUMB. Unless its the winter time and I rub my thumb on the pigs mouth thats on my wall just for a quick fix.

Second is watching my fiance fish with a baitcaster. Nothing more beautiful than a woman that knows how to use one and can catch em.  Happy fishing to you all and Im glad I found this site.
Think with your flippin stick jimmy.

djkimmel

I'm glad you found it too - thanks! I have taught a few persons how to tell the story tellers from the real deal by 'reading the thumb.' ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

play for keeps

my favorite thing on the water is a rod stopping hook set, felling a bass eat your bait and then making the earth turn a bit faster with the epic hook set is the best.
nemesis baits

palehorse custom rods

brownie

The smell and solitude of the lake on the first trip of the early spring.

I'm originally from Indiana and they have no closed season on bass. 

My first trip was always in mid March and there would be very few

or no people around and usually a couple big bass would cooperate

making it an even better day

brownie

Dougdad

WHEN THE 8YR OLD G-SON HOOKS A GOOD BASS,  THE EXCITEMENT BLEEDS OVER TO G-PA AND WE BOTH HOOP AND HOLLER.  LOL
Big or small they are all fun,  Take a kid fishing.!!!

dashaver63

When my 14 year old son became my tournament partner this year, and he puts the first keeper in the livewell in our very first tournament.

Skulley

It is nice to see this thread still alive.  I feel this is probably one of the best on the site.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com