Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2024, 01:37:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

What are you looking forward to using this season?

Started by Cheetam, March 14, 2006, 09:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

With the season slowly approaching, I'm sure we've all picked up some piece of equipment (rod, reel, lure, etc.) this winter that we are just jonesing to use.  I'm looking forward to throwing the the new Xcalibur Twitch baits and the Rick Clunn LC 1.5.  What are you looking forward to using this season?
Jeff

McCarter

I am looking foward to using my new Shimano Chronarch Mg with a 7 ft MH Airrus Ultra XL.

I am looking foward to using the new X Caliber twitch bait and the lipless cranks.

I am looking foward to using the Lucky Craft RC 1.5 and 2.5.

I am looking foward to fishing LSC in May ( bonus )

I am looking foward to swimming more jigs this year.  It seemed to work last year.

I just cant wait to get out and get all my new stuff wet.  Soon baby, soon.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

Poorboy---

The Minnkota Pro Staff info looks good in your profile... Congrats...
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

McCarter

Thanks man.  Its funny how these things work out.  But it just goes to show ya, you can be ugly, chubby, and have a huge mess of tangled nappy hair hanging off your face and people will still pay you to work the shows ;D  God bless America, brother.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

Hey I resemble that remark... :-\'

THERE IS HOPE FOR GUYS LIKE US!!? ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

kgr624

I am looking forward to useing all my new stuff I got this year:
Quantum energy 700 reel
Quantum tour Edition Reel
Quantum pti 30 energy pt spinning reel
Quantum pti 10 Energy pt spinning Reel
bass pro shop tour edition 7' rod
Cabela's tour Edition Rods 7', 6'6"
St Croix 7' rod

Yeah lots of good stuff went on a spending spree plus a new boat. Wow look out tournaments.......... well just got to learn how to fish now :)
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

MBell

You guys have some catching up to do, it was 70 degrees yesterday!!  Maybe this weekend will be nice enough, doens't look too promising though.  I usually have something new I'm excited about, but not this year.  Maybe I'm finally at peace with my tackle. 
-Matt

yukonjack2

Manns hardnose baits - especially the horny toad type.
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Hooksetter

I'm looking forward to throwing topwater frogs this year. I picked up some 65lb P-line braid and some frogs at BPS last Saturday.

This the first year in 8 years that I haven't bought any new equipment. My wife is suspicious, she thinks there is something wrong with me. She even went out and checked the boat to see if I had stashed anything there.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

blakstr1

I got a lot of new baits to try but mostly I can't wait to try my new Kistler Magnesium M/H All Purpose Baitcast Rod which will have a new Quantum Tour Edition PT Bunrer Reel and spooled with 12# Team Mean Green McCoy Line..... ::)? ?:o Goosebumps!!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

spinninbug

Heck I just want to get one the water,  one of my buddy's was out catching perch last weekend,  we still have ice up here :(.  I just want to go fishin!!!!!
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

Revtro

I'm looking forward to increasing my knowledge of fishing the dropshot now that it's legal to do so.  I've also struggled with a jig for years now, so I'm gonna throw it until my arms fall off this year until I get the feel for it.  But perhaps I'm most excited to fish the shaky head with the screwball jig from Reaction Innovations.  I just ordered a bunch.  Can't wait to rig them up with a 4 inch roboworm and go to work.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

huston

I didn't buy any new tools, I'm happy with all my Okuma reels and my Bionic Blades. I'm happy with the 4 Quantum Accurrist and one Lew's.  I did buy a few beavers and some look-a-likes and some Bayou Blaster otters.  I want to use the Beavers a lot more to see how they hold up to smallies.  I also want to drag tubes in deep water in LSC a little more.

225XS4Garza200PXL

I'm looking forward to the season period...

I'm gonna mess with some Mizmo products this year and probably test out some products from Provider Tackle...

Thats about it lure-wise...

Fishing wise i'm looking forward to just learning more stuff... and finding new areas... and doing well in all my tournaments...

Jose
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

raisinrat

My open water fishing tackle. The ice fishing thing was bust this year alot of bad ice. But got the entry fees back so I have some more moeny to spend this year and more vaction time from work. Thats going to be nice.Can't wait MR. Smallies watch out.
Justin Clark

Grandbass

Quantum Tour Edition Burner
Megabass Vibration
Lucky Craft BDS 1
Some old Glass Eyed Plunkers I had painted from Tim hughes

Man I cant wait!

fiker

New Johnny Morris Baitcaster.

Still looking for the "right" tube rod.

Planning on throwing jerk baits more this year. 

I want to fish the Canadian side of LSC this year. 

I picked up a couple of pointers from Oby Wayne I'd like to try out.

Fishing Tuesday nights NBAA.  First for me.

Gonna try jig worms.  Saw it on TV a week or so ago.  Looked like an interesting technique.  Kind of like I used to do w/ 4" worms, and split shots. 

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Fiker, I'll see you out there on Tuesdays.  I'm fishing that with a buddy of mine.  I fished it last year and thought it was great.  It's a real challenge fishing St. Clair with only 3 hours.  I also want to work on the Canadian side, so if you ever want to get together to pracitce out there, I'm up for it.  See you at the tourneys.  I'm in the burgandy BassCat.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bosshawg

i'll throw in my 2cents in (thats abt what i have left - LOL)

quantum accurist 500 reel
shimano crucial rod
drop shoting
shaky head fishing
minkota edge (70#-24v)
a maintinance free season on boat
slowing down/patience
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters