Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:58:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

any one been out on the ice?

Started by chrisvmo, December 20, 2008, 03:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

I was couch fishing yesterday watching the boys out on the ice.  saw 2 guys running to a tip up.  I watched them throught my telescope and saw a nice smallie come throught the hole.  they threw it back.  it was the only flag i saw all day.  today there are about 6 tip ups but have not seen a thing caught.  sure looks cold and windy out there.  they are a dedicated group. 

chrisvmo

Going up to LR today waterfowl I'll let ya know how we do!

Waterfoul

Quote from: chrisvmo on January 03, 2009, 10:33:01 AM
Going up to LR today waterfowl I'll let ya know how we do!

Cool.  I'd be interested in knowing how you do!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

chrisvmo

went out saturday but we only landed two..it was slow for every one. The two we landed were 33" and 26"

thedude

did well on camp last sat...lots of sorting but lots of fish too. probably get out there again tomorrow or thursday after work.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

We got a decent mess of gills on Tamarack Sunday.  And 3 pike... 26, 27, and 30 inches.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

skeeterman190

Made the first trip of the year this past weekend, in NW Indiana. About 4-5 inches of ice. TCOOK went on his first ice fishing trip ever! and wouldnt you know it he smoked two bass on jigging rapalas in the first 10 minutes!!the rest of saturday was slow. Hit a small lake in SW Michigan sunday and caught more bluegills then we cared too tons of small ones i think we kept like 30. nothing of any real size.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

chrisvmo

went out to the favorite pike hole saturday...we had 14 tip ups out and had a fun day. We put 13 pike on the ice 7 keapers the biggest 35" Just a great day to be on the ice with friends and a few liquid samwiches.

skeeterman190

Wheew! 14 tip ups u boys better not have had a rod in hand!! 35" pike huh? where u guys fishin @ were thinking about a trip up North soon. Looking @ Cadillac and a few other places. We got a motor home and stuff like that, so any ideas would be cool. winters a bummer.-skeeterman- hit a lake in SW mich and between 4 of us got like 50 good gills. love them tip up runs. the best was: last year when me and Bender got a 2.5 smallie on KENT!!
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

thedude

phil - go up to leelanau. supposed to be great ice fishing for pike, perch walleyes etc. you can go visit your favorite bar tender at hooters as well!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Dan

My up north contacts say that the walleye are biting very well on Lake Misaukee which is just east of Cadillac. Limit catches several days in a row.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

skeeterman190

Really pike @ Leelanau?? i dont think i caught but maybe 1 there? Yeah that would be a good time. i think the 1 is all about me but told me she would have a new job next year?? haha heard that one last year. we should hook up if we make a trip that way!!! i wanna talk to you about some rod building/modifications too.-skeeterman-(DAN) where is Lake Misaukee???
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com