Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saint Clair Report

Started by Rangerman, June 22, 2020, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

June 16- June 20 bite good, wind bad :) Fish we were catching was in 8.5- 11 foot. Swim baits, Rattle baits early, when sun got up good used same baits, and drop shot, and tube 10-11 foot range.  We did not really smoke em as in years past but a good trip.  Most of our Lake Norman Mafia crews were boating 25-40 smallies a day. 3 lb average with a few over 4 1/2- to 5+.  Great trip again as always to LSC.  I do wish the pleasure boaters would get some common sense and not try to run with in 30 foot of boat fishing.  Like to got swamped two or three times in 20' bass boat ;D Enjoyed y'all's lake again but don't think I will fish it again on a Saturday or Sunday. Fished out of Selfridge every day except Saturday went to 9 mile all ramps packed by 6am except 9 mine.  Most fish came out of Selfridge, but our best numbers came out of 9 Mile from Gross Point Marina to about 12 mile good ways past the Blue and Purple Wall. Crocker still closed, Harley, Selfridge, 9 mile all open, did not try the North end ramps. Last but not least we did catch 4 over 5 black drum and a 50 gallon barrel of Rock Bass :D

detroit1

Glad you had fun and caught some. "Pleasure" boaters ...pleasure themselves with little idea of their effect on other boaters or shoreline property owners. Or maybe they do and just don't care. I assume it happens everywhere, but yeah it sux. They must think we are anchored and fishing 10' from the boat, and some think you wouldn't mind if the squeezed between you and the dock. Safe travels and hurry back.
WAVE THERAPY

Rangerman

Hard Core Reply, you boy's got to have some of the most D A boater's in the Nation, No seaman ship, boat training or any place on earth. ;)  Sure nuff love the fishing, but can not believe the lack of common sense of the pleasure boater.  Hell's Bell'sl most of them would have been in jail down South. Fishing great. Sorry guys I do not see why these unsafe boating is allowed in any state. 

cameraguy

Quote from: Rangerman on June 23, 2020, 07:26:42 PM
Hard Core Reply, you boy's got to have some of the most D A boater's in the Nation, No seaman ship, boat training or any place on earth. ;)  Sure nuff love the fishing, but can not believe the lack of common sense of the pleasure boater.  Hell's Bell'sl most of them would have been in jail down South. Fishing great. Sorry guys I do not see why these unsafe boating is allowed in any state. 

It is unbelievable that boating safety classes are not a requirement in this state. Clueless idiots are the norm on LSC and lakes throughout Michigan. Sheriffs safety classes take just a few hours and after a test, a certificate is issued. These classes should be the minimum required to operate boats, many of which can travel at speeds well over 40mph and throw 3-4' wakes.

cameraguy

Quote from: Rangerman on June 22, 2020, 08:46:14 AM
June 16- June 20 bite good, wind bad :) Fish we were catching was in 8.5- 11 foot. Swim baits, Rattle baits early, when sun got up good used same baits, and drop shot, and tube 10-11 foot range.  We did not really smoke em as in years past but a good trip.  Most of our Lake Norman Mafia crews were boating 25-40 smallies a day. 3 lb average with a few over 4 1/2- to 5+.  Great trip again as always to LSC.  I do wish the pleasure boaters would get some common sense and not try to run with in 30 foot of boat fishing.  Like to got swamped two or three times in 20' bass boat ;D Enjoyed y'all's lake again but don't think I will fish it again on a Saturday or Sunday. Fished out of Selfridge every day except Saturday went to 9 mile all ramps packed by 6am except 9 mine.  Most fish came out of Selfridge, but our best numbers came out of 9 Mile from Gross Point Marina to about 12 mile good ways past the Blue and Purple Wall. Crocker still closed, Harley, Selfridge, 9 mile all open, did not try the North end ramps. Last but not least we did catch 4 over 5 black drum and a 50 gallon barrel of Rock Bass :D

Good post and glad that you had success. Did you check the ramp at Lake St. Clair Metropark? It's closer to Mile Rds. than Harley and Selfridge. Yeah, there is a long no wake to lake but is a relief to have a quiet place to turn in in the afternoon when the lake is churned up from big boats.

Rangerman

Naw never used it in 10 years semi annual trips.  LIttle pricey and don't get to fish LSC enough for annual pass. Most times I do buy Annual DNR pass but did not have time to order on short notice of this trip.  Got there and DNR wavied fees :) :) :) Great Like to us Crocker and Selfridge depending on the bite and 9 mile if going south.  Nine mile sure got a problem with the dock.  Needs to go out deeper and fix end poles. Now Harley is always good if not flooded. Son you boys sure got some high water hopefully in with get on back down.  May flies were doing nicely.  Would like to have been a little later when the Big Black one on the water and lake about 2-3 lower.  We did come into town via I-275 and then to I 696 to I 94 due to the construction.  Long way around but a lot easier and safer. Staying in Selfridge Area.

Rangerman

Question was reading on Metro Park web site Veterans admitted free to Metro Park with proper ID. Do you have to be a restident of MI??  Got proper NC DL, VA Service connected and DOD card will this work for me being from NC.  Site does not answer that question Thanks

Rangerman

Just got back from LSC again end of September.  Weather  great for fishermen except Saturday and high winds.  Caught some good brown fish in 14' area in flats off shipping channels, mostly on drop shot.  Better fish on Rattle bait.  No more than 10 fish a day and worked very hard.  Water warmed to mid 70's and we could not find a nest of them.  Had to use drift sock almost every day with wind. I sure wish LSC was a little closer.  It's a long ride from Lake Norman NC to catch those brown fish 8)