Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:42:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kistler Rods

Started by blakstr1, March 08, 2006, 10:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

Looking for a great rod for the upcoming season...try Kistler!  Read the article at the link below, a great testiment to the power and quality of the new Kistler Magnesium Series Rods.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewkistlermg.html
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

I'd really like to get my hand on a couple of these rods, especially the 6'10" Tube bait/Weightless worm rod...
Jeff

Hooksetter

Pretty impressive test results. A friend of mine uses Kistler rods and has nothing but good things to say about them. Maybe I need to try one.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

blakstr1

Jeff- 

i put my pre-order in yesterday for one of the mag 6/10 MH trigger all-purpose rods and one of the mag tube weightless worm 6/10 mh spinn rods...i can't wait, guess they will be available sometime in April..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 09, 2006, 06:29:38 AM
Jeff-?

i put my pre-order in yesterday for one of the mag 6/10 MH trigger all-purpose rods and one of the mag tube weightless worm 6/10 mh spinn rods...i can't wait, guess they will be available sometime in April..

That 6'10" MH spin rod is going to be killer.  I'll have to save up my allowance to get one...
Jeff

blakstr1

when AND IF my wife finds out, i'll probably have a lump or two but...some things are just all out important and worth the pain!  :-\' 

ARE YOU WITH ME?

BTW if any of you make it to BPS tomorrow evening it would be better if we didn't mention this message to my wife, i believe that would be best...she may be small but suffers from a minor rage disorder from time to time.. :o :'(...... ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

just tell her the price is in Canadian funds.  works at my house..

blakstr1

i suppose because $140 Canadian is like $0.84 American!!  ;D

Works for me!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

If you don't mind saying what is the price for those rods. I'm going to be in the market this year for several rods and after reading that article it sounds like a good buy. Been using BPS extremes and happy with those, but a bunch of friends have been buying loomis, but they are pricey.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

blakstr1

the Magnesium rods will run about $180.00 retail, but if you look at the link at the top of this string tackle tour directly compares the Mag. rods to the G.Looomis GLX, which is one of their favroite.  The Kistler Mag's did awesome in the test, for a high end quality rod less than $200 is a good value..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

fiker

Cabelas is selling them in their latest catalog.
I don't know about the store though.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Cheetam

Quote from: fiker50 on March 09, 2006, 04:44:10 PM
Cabelas is selling them in their latest catalog.
I don't know about the store though.

I've yet to see one at the Dundee Cabelas...either they are selling out as soon as they get them or they aren't stocking them.
Jeff

blakstr1

Well I finally got my new sticks yesterday, the Kistler Magnesium Rods just began being shipped from the factory this week!  They were definitely worth the wait.  Unless you've held a 3.5oz rod in your mits and still realized its a Medium Heavy Rod, with enough backbone for most any bass, but a tip so fast that you can feel every little pebble on bottom you're definitely missing out.  If I run into any of you throughout the season ask me to take a look at the rods, you'll love 'em and I'm sure I'll always have them with me...heck I brought them to work with me today!!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Quote from: blakstr1 on May 04, 2006, 06:59:05 AM

Well I finally got my new sticks yesterday, the Kistler Magnesium Rods just began being shipped from the factory this week!? They were definitely worth the wait.? Unless you've held a 3.5oz rod in your mits and still realized its a Medium Heavy Rod, with enough backbone for most any bass, but a tip so fast that you can feel every little pebble on bottom you're definitely missing out.? If I run into any of you throughout the season ask me to take a look at the rods, you'll love 'em and I'm sure I'll always have them with me...heck I brought them to work with me today!!
Sweet...Kistler has actually updated their website to show some of the rods as being in stock.  The first two runs they did pretty much only covered some of the pre-orders for this new line, so it should be interesting to see how long this shipment lasts.
Jeff