Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:57:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

swing-away tounge

Started by bassmandan, October 14, 2008, 04:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassmandan

ive got a ranger trailer and was wondering from any of the ranger dealer guys if i can get my trailer made to be a swing-away
"dont stop keep fishing"

robtheboatman

Most trailers can have a swing-tounge added.  Give me a call, and I'll give you the details.
Rob
800-226-3050 store
248-425-2068 cell
rjbakeman@hotmail.com

fish2wn

I don't know if trailers can be modified to a swing awat tongue, i'd just call your local dealer. Although swing away-tongues do have their advantages as far as parking in tighter spaces, such as your garage, I, unfortunately found out a disadvantage 2 years ago when my 5 year old son was in the garage and amputated his finger. Since then I actually had mine welded shut.

Buckeye

I have converted my old trailer to a swing away tongue.  It's possible with a product from Fulton.  They offer two versions, one for a 3X3 trailr and the other 3X4 trailer.  I bought the 3X3 version for $100, and I changed it out in about an hour.  Both save you about 21 inches. 

All you need is a sawzall and some stout wrenches or ratchets.  BPS sells them, as does Gander Mountain.

Eric

Waterfoul

Quote from: Buckeye on November 10, 2008, 08:23:22 PM
I have converted my old trailer to a swing away tongue.  It's possible with a product from Fulton.  They offer two versions, one for a 3X3 trailr and the other 3X4 trailer.  I bought the 3X3 version for $100, and I changed it out in about an hour.  Both save you about 21 inches. 

All you need is a sawzall and some stout wrenches or ratchets.  BPS sells them, as does Gander Mountain.

Eric

So you're saying you can do this change without welding??
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

i'm pretty sure the one's he is talking about just bolt on. 
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

Here is product that Buckeye is talking about.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0063873020388a.shtml

I don't know what size my trailer frame is?  I would guess it is 4" x 4".

Here is another company that does it but you would have to call or email them.  http://www.pivithitch.com/

Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Buckeye

Waterfoul,

Thats correct, zero welding involved.  I only had one issue installing mine.  When I got it together, it was impossible to install the nuts onto the bolts on the inside of my tongue.  I just switched them around, bolting the nuts on the outside after passing the bolts from the inside out.

I sold the boat last year, and other than tightening the bolts on occassion, the product worked flawlessly.  Other than convincing your self to cut off the tongue initially, it's a piece of cake to install.

Eric

Waterfoul

I did some checking.  I actually sell the Fulton kits!!  Didn't even know it.  I will be doing this to my trailer for sure... small garage that I have any help is a BIG help!!  It should save me about 20" or so.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Buckeye

Waterfoul, that should save you 21" to be exact.  I cut more of mine off, but my trailer was a homemade deal.  Well-built, but homemade and it had a long tongue on it.  It'll take less than an hour after you convince yourself that you have to cut the old tongue off first.  After that, no big deal.

Eric

champion_206

I have installed a few of these, best thing to use when you cut the tongue is a grinder with a cut off wheel on it, like a metabo, you get a much better cut and control with that verses a sawzall
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Waterfoul

Quote from: Buckeye on March 20, 2009, 09:04:08 PM
Waterfoul, that should save you 21" to be exact.  I cut more of mine off, but my trailer was a homemade deal.  Well-built, but homemade and it had a long tongue on it.  It'll take less than an hour after you convince yourself that you have to cut the old tongue off first.  After that, no big deal.

Eric

Well, the length you save will be dependent on the trailer tongue length and where you make your cut.  On mine it will save me right about 20" and nothing more.  But I'll take it!!