Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Man Do I Suck....

Started by LAPORTE, September 27, 2008, 07:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

I just had to tell someone.... :( I landed a big fat ZERO today on the river. I ask myself how does this happen. I see tons of fish at the scales so it seems they were biting somewhere? I thru the complete tackle box at them. Drop shot,tube,traps,cranks Oh well at the end of a tough season I guess it's time to pack it in. Thanks for you ears all I just needed to whine :'( :'(  to someone...lol

Don LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

cr

Hey ,been there, done that, feel your pain . Was the fog bad in the A.M? Who won ? Got your message late tried to call you and got the machine . Call me if you want 810-429-3272...Charles

dartag

the results are on FLWOUTDOORS.COM

looks like some other locals had a tough day. 

if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

djkimmel

Looks like some of the usual suspects are there with GLBass member Mike Trombly leading the boaters. A number of GLBassers did real well and even made the cut! Get 'em tomorrow anglers!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I stunk up the river also....The way my last 2 months have been going maybe I should go back to golf....
I fished my butt off and caught one small fish that measured...I'm pretty frustrated right now and part of me is glad the tournament year is over...I need to rethink the way I fish for sure..
I had 3 skunks this year in Club tournaments and the last 2 BFLs I only managed one fish...Not a good way to finish..

djkimmel

Well... maybe the only way left to go then is up??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

I guess that is one way to look at it.... ;)

DDBethke

I hear you all and I can relate 100%, last year was great Fishing...

I just couldn't get on them either! I have minimal experience on Erie (less then 12 hours:-), but Saturday in the BFL I must have seen 25-30 fish 3lbs and up on my Lowrance that were either lockjawed or Drum? I thought I was in good shape for a minute when I noticed Mr. Clapper was fishing 50 yards away me but it looks like that is close enough to catch bad luck as he had a low weight as well?

Keep away from the Triton with the Power-Pole...:(

Like you said though Dan, hopefully we can only improve.
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

SethV

Hey Don-  I feel your pain.  This has been my worst season ever - including the years I fished the Empire and Okie divisions.  Not good.

Lets hope next year goes better.  I am not sure why this year was so poor - it seems that I just made some bad decisions.

This tournament I had 2 options.  I had found lots of numbers of fish to the south (Erie) but very few big ones.  Lots of "cookie cutter" 2 lb fish.  I knew that even if the day went as good as possible, 13 lbs or so would be best case for the fish that I was on.

My other option was a spot up in LSC.  There were not a ton of fish in the area, but they were BIG fish.  When you would stick one, you would see 3 or 4 just like it with it.  Nothing under 4 lbs in the area that I saw.

I only needed 1 fish, regardless of size to make the regionals, so I decided to gamble and go to LSC.  Big mistake.  On our fist pass through the area, Joe caught a nice 4.5 lb fish, and I doubled up with a 14" squeaker (my luck!).  He then caught another nice one about 10 minutes later.  At that point, I thought the decision to run up there was a good one.  Wrong.  That area dried up and I scrambled the rest of the day with only 1 other keeper to show for it.

Seth

djkimmel

Quote from: dashaver63 on September 28, 2008, 08:28:51 PM
I know that after things went yesterday, plus some other things that happened this year, I am officially retired from tournament bass fishing. I too threw the tackle box at them for one squeaker that I released when we left our last spot on the " DEAD SEA" that is Lake St. Clair. I had an idea the fish were on Erie near Canada's South Shore by the way the weather was, plus what I found in Ohio water. I went out Thursday and Friday morning just to see how the fish were acting. I caught all my fish SOUTH of Kelly's, SOUTH of each Bass Island and SOUTH of Put-In-Bay, all in 8-12 feet of water less than 1000 yards of the shorelines, and all in weeds. Very few in open water. So...... maybe I don't know what I'm doing after all and will spend the rest of my fishing days with my kids crappie fishing. I've never been this discouraged and have had plenty of bad tournaments. Good luck everyone, I'll be watching!

NEVER shop on an empty stomach... and NEVER make up your mind about your future fishing fresh off a very low day!!!  :'(

Team houston

So who wants to split some expenses for the regional?  Don, I don't think you will make it from 62nd but you never know. I was fortunate to make the cut fishing LM. I want to thank Larry Branch for offering not to fish until I had my points fish. I turned him down figuring I had all day to catch a keeper and it worked out I caught 14lbs worth.

LAPORTE

I'm thinking that there is no chance to make it from 62 place. I sure dropped like a rock. Pre-tourney I was tied @34th. If my boater had offered to let me catch a points fish first. I would have done the same as you. I never even thought about a Zero coming. I did fish hard all day long trying to catch one. So that I feel good about. I'm looking into the wild card now. I will have to see how far it is from home? they take the top 6 to the all american. I know it's a small chance but it's free fishing. (other than travel exp.)

Team houston

Let me know if you get the call. You never know crazy things happen. My boss said I could go. woo hoo

grasslakebasspro

Phil, Team Houston, kicked my butt from the back of my boat on Saturday.  I had four keepers in the first 30 minutes of the tournament but never had another keeper the rest of the day.  Phil caught 7 or 8 keepers that day.  It was an enjoyable day spending time with Phil.

Congratulations Phil on making the cut to day 2 of the Super Tournament and qualifying for the Regional.  Phil is a class act.

Larry B.

Team houston

You too Larry, not many guys would have made that offer.

hookedonsmallies

Hey Don, this is Little from Bellville tourneys not to make ya feel bad but me and my daughter were out there sunday and put 18 bass in the boat in 3hrs no pigs but nice fish they cut back our hrs at work so lets hit the river a little and see what we can do
ive got the boat if you got the gas

LAPORTE

Sounds good to me Little. Ill be fishing Erie on Saturday with the EBA.  maybe we can hook up one day next week ?

Don

hookedonsmallies

sounds good hope you catch a boatload i will be on the river all weekend got a couple of spots to try
ive got the boat if you got the gas

j690

Quote from: Team houston on September 29, 2008, 12:08:57 PM
So who wants to split some expenses for the regional?  Don, I don't think you will make it from 62nd but you never know. I was fortunate to make the cut fishing LM. I want to thank Larry Branch for offering not to fish until I had my points fish. I turned him down figuring I had all day to catch a keeper and it worked out I caught 14lbs worth.
just wanted to say good job to Larry CLASS ACT! best regards jay

tubejig

Don just to let you know FLW started calling people to go to the regional today. I ended up 41st on the boater side but fortunately got the call to go today. Hope it happens for ya. It was nice to finally meet you. Keep in touch.

Jeremy