Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:12:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Seaguar InvizX

Started by skeeterman190, September 08, 2008, 10:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Alright guys need some opinions here. I tried out this stuff because on of my good buddies(TCOOK) swears up and down about this stuff! Well i paid 18 dollars a spool and bought 2 spools so thats 36 bucks. Factor in the 500 it lost me plus the big fish. on saturday then the prolly 200 plus big fish on sunday, thats some pretty expensive line to keep breakin isnt it? thats like what 500 dollars a spool? So was just wondering if anyone else has anything good or bad to say about this stuff. I bought it @ Bass Pro and wouldnt think that they would be selling bunk spools of this stuff? Went there and looked again @ the line and it was all gone so was it bunk or running off the shelves that fast??-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Cheetam

I've been using the Cabelas-branded No-Vis Xtra, which looks to be re-branded InvizX (I can't prove it, but how many flourocarbons come in Pink?), although I would have to think there is some subtle difference.  I've used the Cabelas stuff on two spinning rods and two casting rods (8lb spinning and 10 and 12lb casting) and having had any break-offs, although I have to admit I've only gotten out a handful of times this year, so the line doesn't have a lot of mileage on it.  It is a buck or two cheaper and is currently on sale.
Jeff

Dan

I bought a 1000 yd spool at D&R Sports. JVD recommended it. I've used it in the last two BFLs plus my prefishing days there and I couldn't break the stuff. I had a heck of a time trying to break it when I hung up in the rocks in the river. I was using 8 lb. test I had two limits of green fish and caught one over five in practice and didn't have the first problem with it. Don't know what to say other than I have had line issues this year and went to this hoping it would do the trick and so far so good.
My boater I fished with in the last tournament fished with Vicious Flourocarbon. I am going to order some of that and try it out. It's less than half the cost of seagar.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Cheetam

Funny, I just checked and couldn't find the Invizx in Pink.  Did they drop it, or am I just going crazy?  (please don't answer that last question fellas...lol).

Ah, never mind.  It looks like there's a bunch of pink stuff out now.  The cabelas stuff could be made by anyone.  Sorry Phil...
Jeff

Dan

You had me wondering because my spool wasn't pink. The only problem I have with seaguar still is that it wants to jump off my spinning reels. I use the KVD line conditioner and that really helps, but it's still pretty stiff stuff. Has any one had experience with the Vicious brand of flouro? Their 600 yd box comes with grommets. One in the side to use if you're spooling with a baitcaster and one on the end if you're spooling with a spinning rod. Very neat idea.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Cheetam

Quote from: Dan on September 08, 2008, 10:30:24 AM
You had me wondering because my spool wasn't pink.

I could've sworn when it first came out it came in both pink and clear...must be the old age and sleep deprivation setting in...lol.
Jeff

skeeterman190

Pink huh?? Never seen pink, gotta have a firm grip on that masculenity thing huh? haha :D Yeah i dont know Tim swears by it and hes been in my boat enough and been hung enough to know that stuff is strong and hard to break like you said Dan. thats why it shocked me when it happened? then it happened 3 more times on big fish this weekend. And no i was fishing pretty much open water nothing to fray the like or weaken it. And no TIM or Herman i wasnt trying to flip 5lbers in the boat on 8lb spinning rod. haha although ive been know to do it. Ive got some pretty important Tourneys coming up so i think im going back to my XPS until i have time to play with the stuff next spring.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Cheetam

Quote from: skeeterman190 on September 08, 2008, 12:29:09 PM
Pink huh?? Never seen pink, gotta have a firm grip on that masculenity thing huh? haha :D Yeah i dont know Tim swears by it and hes been in my boat enough and been hung enough to know that stuff is strong and hard to break like you said Dan. thats why it shocked me when it happened? then it happened 3 more times on big fish this weekend. And no i was fishing pretty much open water nothing to fray the like or weaken it. And no TIM or Herman i wasnt trying to flip 5lbers in the boat on 8lb spinning rod. haha although ive been know to do it. Ive got some pretty important Tourneys coming up so i think im going back to my XPS until i have time to play with the stuff next spring.-skeeterman-

Bad knots maybe?  Toothy critters?  Just thinking out loud...
Jeff

Bender

I had several break offs over the weekend too, but mine were on Carbon Pro including a couple in the net, two more in the boat, and a few more beside the boat including what would have been my big fish for Saturday. I'm not real happy with it either, mine were just above or at the palomar knot on drop shot rigs which were thoroughly wet when tying from my mouth and the rain. 
Like you I heard a lot of good things about it, but I am going back to Halo even though it is hard to find around here.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Eric

Tim suggested InvisX last fall when we went up north.  Based on his suggestion I tried it and have loved it.  I have put the same test of other brands on other rods and reels and there is a big difference to me.  I will continue using it for sure.  Much less stiff and just as strong as anything I've used.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

1javelin

You already know my opinion.  (Flippin 5lbers is bad) :-*  Just joking Phil.  I use the Carbon Pro and occassionally the InvizX, which my 12 lb is InvizX right now, which I know has been on the shelf over a year, because the place has been closed for that long, and I have not had a single problem with anything as of yet.  I think a bad spool, but you don't have confidence in it, and you love XPS, which is cheaper anyways, so why switch???  Stick with what got you there man.  There is a reason there are still 20 line companies out there, cuz no two guys feel the same about two products.  My .02

1Jav ;D
Live to fish, Fish to live.

bshaner

I swear by InvisX and Carbon pro.  I have a bad habit of not retying as often as I should and since I've been using Seaguar products I have not broken off.  I religiously respool before tournaments though so my line doesnt get as much mileage maybe as some.

As for spinning, I had problems with Seaguar jumping off the spool too so at the suggestion of one of the guys at D&R I spooled up some PLine Fluoroclear before the last BFL and used InvisX for the leader for dropshot.  I had zero problems and didnt lose any fish.

I can't explain it but it seems you always hear two different sides to every line story.  Seems like one guy will have no problems and the next guy hates the stuff or loses fish on it, regardless of what brand it is.  It's a mystery.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

TCook

Seaguar InvisX is the best line I have personally ever used. I have never had a bass break off unless zebra mussles damaged it fishing in big rock or I was wrapped around a dock. I would say fishing an 8 hour tournament with a spinning rod in my hand spooled up with 8lb or 6lb  invisx I might get two loops a day on average which 99% of the time come out easily and fast. Thats much better than anything else I have tried in the past, so I am 100% happy with the stuff.

T
FISH HARD!!!

Dan

The only thing I'm not happy about with Seaguar is the price. So, I just ordered 1600 yds. of Vicious. I have not tried it before, but ran across them last winter and they are a company who has made line for name brands for years and have decided to come out with their own brand instead. I got a 800 yd spool of 8 lb. flurocarbon.($23) and an 800 yd spool of 15 lb.flurocarbon ($26). The 1000 yd spool of Invisx was $72.  We'll see what it's like.  My tournaments will be fished with Seaguar though until I see what the Vicious does. Hey Tim what's your plans for the Super Tournament? Besides whacking them and coming in first overall. Third place to first. You can do this man!

MBell

You answered your own question.  Bad spool, which happens at all stores including the store you bought it at.  Some one really needs to start packaging line better or selling directly to the consumer.  I also like xps but if you test it in the store a lot of them are bad as well.  I like to spray a rag with silicone spray and hold the line with it while spooling.  The silicone coat helps make flourocarbons more managable.
-Matt       

skeeterman190

Well ive come to a few conclusions today. 1. this sites great where else can we all put this knowledge we all have to use for one another. and 2. I got bambozzeled @ Bass Pro on my Invizx. Went there again today. Been there 3 times since last thursday and the 8lb and 10lb Invizx is still out of stock. I know there were @ least 3 or 4 spools of each there on wednesday when i bought it. Talked to one of the so call fishing department fellows that pretty much didnt know his but from a hole in the wall about what he was talking about. He said no thats not the problem its just a great seller. I said yeah you gave me the last 2 spools that had been laying there since this store opened. Im such an A#% sometimes. Anyways im going to monitor there line this winter and maybe just maybe ill give it a shot one more time. Until then I spent 100 bucks on XPS and ill put my hogs in the livewell. thanks again guys.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

bassassasin88

Any opinions on trilene 100%? It works for me.