Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Aaron Martens Scroungers from Mikes Rx Baits

Started by djkimmel, September 06, 2008, 02:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Anyone try the Aaron Martens Scroungers yet? I've been wanting to try them ever since I saw them on one tournament or another. Then I saw them in use by Aaron and our local hero Mark Zona on The World' Greatest Fishing Show and thought, yeah, I like the looks of those.

So, once again, we are fortunate to have great sponsors like Mike's Rx Baits, who carries an amazing array of quality and hard to find top of the line bass tackle. Sure enough, Mike's Rx Baits carries the Scrounger in a number of sizes.

I'm thinking, hey, maybe I could try them in practice for the TBF Northern Divisional Championship. But... I'm leaving Sunday and it's already Wednesday... after a holiday weekend. I order them anyway on Wednesday. Good time of year to try this kind of a bait. I get them Friday!!! Very cool! Impressive.

Thanks Mike! Very glad to have you onboard :) Click the link above or the Mikes Rx Baits ad graphic on the left of any of the forum pages to see the wide range of quality and specialty tackle available from Mike's Rx Baits.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DennisB.

Been useing them half heartedly all summer, havn't caught a thing.
I like the way they look but think they need the most flexeble body you can get the flukes that I have been using look a little stiff.

Good Luck.

djkimmel

Have you tried a small swim bait? That is one thing I want to try.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DennisB.

just the smallest of the Zoom fluke. What kind of swim bait where you thinking? Anything with a swimming tail I would think would harm the action of the head.

djkimmel

yeah... unless it was small and subtle... maybe. I guess there's only one way to find out? I'll have to try it. I would think it might work with a yammie senko-swimbait (forget what they're called) if I owned some?

I wonder too about a stick worm on the back? I can think of some other things to try. I'll do some experimenting. Maybe I'll come up with the next hot lure!!!! Yeah, right... ;D

MikesRx

Dan, thank you for the good words. I would like to let everyone know that I just received a shipment of the BASSTRIX PADDLE TAIL SWIMBAITS in today.In both 4 and 6 inch and I do have the colors listed on my website mikesrxbaits.com
thank you, Mike

djkimmel

You're welcome Mike. Thanks for the update on another of your great selection of specialty bass baits!

If you haven't visited MikesRxBaits.com, you need to check out the really cool selection of lures and specialty items he carries.

Here's some additional info from the site:
FULL LINE OF FALCON WEIGHTED HOOKS & THE NEW SPEED-CULL FLOATS   \*****  KANJI TUNGSTEN WEIGHTS BACK IN STOCK*****   

BASSTRIX PADDLE TAIL SWIMBAITS NOW IN STOCK**********

SPECIAL: BERKLEY HOLLOW BELLY OR MONEY MINNOWS $8.00 for a limited time