email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BFL detroit river fishing license?  (Read 2982 times)

boohya1

BFL detroit river fishing license?
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:24 AM »

Well i'm in the next event as a coangler, i have a michigan licence and an ohio, will probably get a canada one, do i need a walpole one?

motocross269

Re: BFL detroit river fishing license?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:41:57 PM »

I probably shouldn't be the one to say this because it will come back to haunt me....but I doubt you will need a Walpole license..I buy all of the licenses because I fish as a Co on LSC, but I have yet to have a boater take me to Walpole...Some of the other guys will chime in and give their opinion. The Walpole indian area is probably about 40-45 miles from Trenton
or more, I don't see too many guys making that run...Canada, Ohio, Michigan for sure though..

Wolf_fisherman

• We are not here for a long time we are here for a good time!
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »

I second that buddy.... I Usually get my canadian and u.s. every year just for the river. Never know where the fish are gonna be. Just get your ohio and you should be all set. Wouldnt be surprised if a couple guys run to lk st clair but i have a feeling most will be running to erie.
Carpe Diem

FOB

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »

I just found this post, so I hope it is not too late.  As one who fished as a co-angler for more then 6 years in the BFL as well as the Everstarts, I always made sure I had all the license for that area.  Walpole area covers from Lake St. Clair, up river through all the shipping channel and 1/2 the south channel all the way up above to the split North / South split. 
If you draw a boater that is fishing any of that water, you will not be able to fish. 

So, it's up to you, but I would get the liscense, especially if you are going to try fishing the last BFL as well.

Good luck, and look me up at the meeting.

Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

FOB

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »

Sorry, but you might only need a one day for tomorrow's BFL.  Don't buy a yearly, as the last BFL, Walpole will be closed to fishing.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge