Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:36:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Land big fish ad causing problems

Started by Revtro, March 01, 2006, 03:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Hey Dan, the Land Big Fish ad doesn't load and since you added it, it's been causing all kinds of problems with the browser causing pages not to load and having to resend forms all the time.  Just thought you should know.  I think there's a problem with the code.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I've seen some intermittent problems with slow pages - I hit the refresh button if the pages doesn't pop up after a few seconds sometimes. Anyone else seeing any problems that are recurring?

Rev - are you talking about the ad on the right panel or the flashing ad at the bottom by the text links? Thanks.

Remind me please which browser you use too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Yep, it's the ad in the right lower side.  I also have problems with page loading.  I'm always having to hit reload to get pages to load quickly.  I'm on a Mac, but that's probably not the problem.  IE on a Mac uses the same scripting and protocols as the Windows version.  I have rarely found HTML based problems to be OS related.  I also have the same problems using Safari as the web browser.

Hope this helps!
Tom
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Sorry to ask again, but I want to be sure which graphic is the problem - the large one below the Amazon graphic in the right panel?

Or the small flashing graphic at the bottom just above the Google search form?

Which version of IE are you using? Thanks. Once I know for sure what the problem is, I'll fix it.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

I'm using Mac IE, Safari, and Firefox to test this problem.  It seems to be related more to Safari than to IE or Firefox.  Seems like a browser glitch.  There may be something in the code Safari doesn't like.  I used to code for a living, so I know how tough it is to find universal compatibility.  What a headache.  I PM'd ya.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Thanks Tom.

Anyone else having any problems like this? Please let me know so I can narrow it down.

McCarter

Not I, said the PoorBoy

PoorBoy himself :-\'

djkimmel

Thanks pb. I'll wait through tomorrow to give everyone a chance to take a look.

Revtro

Tried it out in Panther and Safari and did not experience the problems.  I'm thinking it's not the ads.  The problem is likely the Tiger version of Safari or a system specific issue.  I'm troubleshooting my system, although I've not experienced any similar problems with any other sites.  Strange.  Who knows, it may fix itself when Safari gets updated.  Or it could even be a Java 7.0.4 issue.  ??
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

Did some further testing today including disk maintenance (Mac requires you to repair permissions every so often and it fixes a lot of problems).  I tested with Safari in debug mode and used different user agents.  I tested in the last version of Safari as well as the most current one.  It seems to be a Tiger related issue.  I'm going to try loggin in a root user and see if I get any different results.  If in root user mode I still have the problem,then it's a safe bet it's a Tiger related problem.   I'll post my results.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

Logged in a root user.  Basically this is a clean account that isn't running all the stuff I have running in my normal account.  I had the same results with Safari.  There must be something in the code that Safari in Tiger doesn't like.  It doesn't seem to matter which version of Safari I run.  But Tiger is the only common denominator I can find.  The only other possibility is that this is a system specific issue that I alone am having.  Can't verify that theory without other testers using Tiger as their OS.  For now, I'll just use IE or Firefox.  There are no issues for me in either of these browsers.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

As long as you have options and you don't quit visiting and posting here, I won't lose too much sleep. Waiting to hear back from Dan or someone else that uses Safari (cwinsiii too I think uses Safari sometimes).

If it can be narrowed down and is a problem with a version, I'll fix it if I can find out how.

Thanks Rev for all your persistence and help. I do appreciate it.