Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 04:12:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Bassmaster Elites, coming to Michigan in '09

Started by blakstr1, July 16, 2008, 10:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Team houston

Does anybody know why both Kentucky lakes and the 2010 Champlain are Wed thru Sat, instead of Thurs rhru Sunday?

blakstr1

not sure, but pretty wild no Florida tournaments either year
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

5alive

NEXT JULY THEY WILL BE IN ESCANABA, FOR THE "COLDWATER CLASH"!!

With no co-anglers, gas prices and the distance from any major population there ought to be real crowd up there! I remember an event up there awhile ago and fishing wasn't that great either.

Removal of the co-anglers, in my opinion will be the real downfall of BASS.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

bassmandan

i would like to go see the event but its too far away
"dont stop keep fishing"

blakstr1

hadn't heard about the elimination of the co-anglers, that is going to hurt them bad IMO. 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

McCarter

Not to mention they just cut the field in half, thus cutting the income to a lot of local business that will benefit from having an event in the area.  Gas stations, restraunts, hotels, tackle stores, massage parlors, etc.  I havent had a chance to read the article yet and dont know when or if i will have time, so i will ask you guys.  Are they cutting co-anglers for all events or just this one?  I have heard before that cities or countys or whatever actually pay the organizations to bring the tournaments to their areas???  To stimulate the local economy... Will they still pay if they cut the fields in half?  I dont know the whole story like i said, but i dont see any sense in this.

McCarter himself :-\'

blakstr1

looks like a clean sweep of the co's, they still need observers though  :P 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

1javelin

I'm still up in the air about the co's thing.  It will definitely help the pros, not having competition, but it will set everyday anglers apart from the pros in a way that was never achieved before.  The community income will suffer horribly, and I believe there will be fewer spectators because it will no longer be a thing where you know someone there, or you have a real reason to be there.  Gas is too expensive to drive a couple hours to watch a weigh-in.  Just my .02

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

dashaver63

They said in the article that you can still "ride with the pro's". I'll bet there will still be a $300 or so "entry fee" to have that privilege. The series before the Elites came along, it was the same deal, you could pay your $500 fee to ride along to be an observer, but then they had a Triton boat raffle for all the observers after the tournament.

bassmandan

read kevin shorts blog about the co anglers, he makes some real nice points
"dont stop keep fishing"

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

Team houston

All the Elite events. Not the Opens or Bassmaster series.