Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Luke Clausen

Started by Bulletproof, February 27, 2006, 02:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulletproof

Alright this is my final critique/analysis of the Classic.

Is it just me or did Luke just not seem to be all that excited about winning.?  Maybe this was because of his cool and calm demeanor. 8)

Personally speaking if it was me, well you don't want to know, but I'd be doing some cartwheels and a couple roundoff's and probably have a grin on my face that looks something like this--  ;D

Everyone celebrates differently, hey?

I guess not a terribly important topic, just another inane idea of mine.  Thanks for bearing with me.  I'll shut up for a while now.

I am haunted by waters.

superjay5

I'm not sure how I would react, I would say I would be doing cartwheels, but at the same time I might just be shell shocked and be calm?

Cheetam

He won $500,000 in his rookie season in the FLW in 2004...so I guess if you win $500,000 twice, it isn't so much fun?
Jeff

MBell

ESPN was certainly not promoting him, I just saw sportscenter and they show him holding up the trophy but the top 5 results cover his face and they zoomed in on the trophy.  I am not familiar with him, but some reaction would have been nice.  Of all the west coast guys who thougt he would be the first.
-Matt

dhuff

I would of rather seen Rick Morris win it.  He seemed like he was having way more fun than anyone.  He seemed like he was more excited in second than Luke Clausen was by winning.  I think Morris would of showed tons of emotion.  I don't know to much about him.  But he sure had a good attitude and he did a great job on the last day.

smbassman

I thought the reaction to winning was a little strange and turning down the Busch shootout invite was also weird.  I was wondering if he has some strange religion that does not allow celebration or the support of alcohol brands.........  He is probably some sort of perverted, deranged mormon religious cultist from out there in Utah.  Sorry, I realized I was going down one of those internet theory roads and figured I would take it to the end.

Back on track...  His reaction was strange but I must say for guy to have two career wins and they happen to be FLW Championship and the Bassmaster Classic, that is incredible!  And he is only 27!!

djkimmel

I think he just has to be confused and maybe the camera bumped him in the head or something. I would probably make Ike look calm (without the swearing) if I won the Classic although my immediate reaction might be to faint.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Pretty amazing though - the guy wins the two biggest tournaments you can win and $1,000,000. Maybe he's the $500,000 man?!?

From Ranger Boats:

Monday February 27, 2006

RANGER PRO LUKE CLAUSEN WINS 36TH BASSMASTER CLASSIC

With no previous BASS wins to his credit, Ranger Pro Luke Clausen used one of the sport's biggest stages - an event older than he is - to notch his first win and make his place in bass fishing history. With a three-day total and new Bassmaster Classic record winning weight of 56 pounds, 2 ounces, Clausen captured the 36th Bassmaster Classic on Sunday as the youngest competitor in the field.
MORE >>

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

I was sitting there on Sunday at the weight in when he was "crowned" the champion and he looked completely unimpressed!!!  I said the same thing to my buddy, he looked almost unhappy.  He hardly even cracked a smile.  I don't understand it.  Shortly after the weight in, we were leaving and his Mon and Dad were in front of us and they were walking to the car like it was any other day.  The only way I could tell it was them was by the flowers that she was carrying.

Cfruel
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

blakstr1

Luke had a smug grin on his face all week, he is a cool but kind of cocky character.  He is a pretty nice guy though, I talked to him before he weighed in Friday and you could see the excitement then, he has a pretty good game face.  The thing is he everyone knew he had the winning bag before the weigh in, I'll explain all of that over on Blake's Excellent Adventures a little later.  As for the Busch Shoot Out, Luke already had schedule conflicts so he opted out of the Shoot Out, had to make a choice and I guess he has to be satisfied with that.  Everybody was on huge fish in practice he was fortunate enough to find the ones that other guys didn't and that he could get too early enough.  Jay Yelas took the Busch sticker off of his Classic boat because of his convictions and I commend him for that.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Yeah guys, I commend Yelas for sticking to his beliefs whether people believe the same way as him or not.? It's a hard thing to do in today's society.? This isn't what this topic is about, but since blakstr1 brought it up I felt like chiming in since I'm a very religious person.? I may not share all the same views about the whole alcohol thing as Jay Yelas, but I commend anyone who is willing to stand by their convictions no matter what anyone else thinks.? Again, it's a very hard thing to do in today's world because everyone likes to slam us religious folks.? (glad that doesn't happen on these forums too much)? So I highly respect anyone who can stick to their guns like that regardless of whether or not I agree with them.?

Anyway, I'm not trying to start a religious debate (please dont' take it that way!), so back to the topic at hand..? I don't know why Luke didn't seem excited.? And I didn't totally understand his comment about he and Rick Morris not being friends after the weigh in results.? Seems like the emcee didn't quite get that either and Morris had a funny look on his face as well.? Maybe Luke was just shell shocked by the whole experience and didn't know how to act.? Although, as I was reading the last page in Bassmaster today about the bass class for pros, I couldn't help but think that Luke may have benefited from going to that, if he didn't already.

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

Quote from: Revtro on February 28, 2006, 02:24:24 PM
I may not share all the same views about the whole alcohol thing as Jay Yelas, but I commend anyone who is willing to stand by their convictions no matter what anyone else thinks.?

If you're going to stand for anything, you have to stand for everything...Jay does no matter what.? Otherwise someone will undoubtedly try to throw out the "hypocrit" tag.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

Not sure if we should start much of a discussion about this on a fishing forum...and I'm not sure I totally understood the comment, but the hypocrite tag is a very subjective thing.  Everybody has a different idea of what constitutes hypocrisy.  So although I consider myself a conservative person, I also realize there needs to be room for interpretations of things other than mine.  This means that someone can differ with me without me necessarily thinking they're a hypocrite.  If mankind could learn to view one another in this fashion, I think it would be much easier to know who's genuine and who's not. 

Again, I might be misunderstanding the quote "If you're gonna stand for anything, you have to stand for everything".  Sorry if I am.  Every person of faith has their own understanding of what constitutes "everything".  Christians like to try to make it more cut and dry than it really is.  That's where much of our intolerance comes from.

I believe Jay Yelas is the real deal.  I think he's a very genuine person from what I've read and heard about him.  So even though I may differ from him on some of the particulars of faith related things, I respect him and don't view him as a hypocrite and I'd venture a guess that he would view me the same. 

Anyway, I don't want to be labeled as the guy who is trying to start religous discussions on a fishing forum.  I'm not.  I was just commenting on something that was already said.  I dont' claim to have all the answers.  So I'll leave my thoughts at that.  I'm totally open to discussing this more via email or PM though if anyone wanted to.

But back to fishing...  Anyone know if Larry Nixon is planning on fishing more B.A.S.S. events this year or is he strictly fishing FLW?  If he's gonna be fishing some of the B.A.S.S. events, then I don't see why they didn't give him some coverage.  Also, I did watch the FLW event on Okeechobe and noticed that they really seemed to be picking on Skeeter when they were blocking out guys' shirts.  Also, it seemed like it was all old coverage when they were blocking out shirts.  I think it woud be awesome if FLW would rise above this kind of stuff.  In that case, B.A.S.S. would end up looking like the dufus'.  I was sorry to see all the fuzzed out shirts in that coverage.  Seems pretty silly and looked very cheesy.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

Quote from: Revtro on March 01, 2006, 02:47:59 PM
Anyone know if Larry Nixon is planning on fishing more B.A.S.S. events this year or is he strictly fishing FLW??
I believe he is done with BASS....11 events in one year was too much for him.
Jeff

Hooksetter

I believe Larry Nixon is only fishing FLW events this year.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

joshimoto son

Revtro,

I do know what day of the week you work and I am never offended by your posts... and I am writing just to tell you that your last post has inspired me. I guess what I'm telling you is that I'm going to use your idea and write a letter to FLW and Ranger... I know that I am only a drop in the bucket, but like I said, you have inspired me... and I feel compeled to do this. The reason I'm telling you this is because if it does get any attention... I want the credit to go to the right place.

blakstr1

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=144105

A good article about Luke, describes in more detail who he is and what he's about...a good champion..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

carolina chip

QuoteMaybe this was because of his cool and calm demeanor

This was at the Classic (Friday before):

You are exactly right.... He is a very humble and all around nice guy. Like all other Pros, he is dealing with this Federation/Federation Nation thing too.....

A very nice young man!

Chip  ;)