Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

WINNERS ANNOUNCED - FLW Tour Chevy Open Detroit River GLBass.com Contest

Started by djkimmel, July 04, 2008, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

This is a huge event again, bigger than last year - next week's FLW Tour Chevy Open event out of Elizabeth Park on the Detroit River with the huge weekend show at the Cobo Center. I'll be there Friday through Sunday watching, taking pictures, video... rooting on all the forum members who are fishing!!

Will Clapper repeat?!? Will Balog get in?!? Maybe Dave Reault has his best tournament ever?!? You can't count out Trombley, Coates or any of the participating superstar either!?! Can one of our very own win the co-angler side?!? So many questions...

Let's find out what you think. Post your guesses (or intuition) on this thread.
1. Who will win the boater side of the 2008 FLW Tour Detroit River?

2. What will be their 2-day total weight in pounds and ounces during the Saturday/Sunday finals?

Grand Prize contest winner will be whoever picks the correct boater champion and gets closest over or under the 2-day total finals winning weight if more than one person guesses the boater champion.

One entry per member. Enter soon before all the good guesses are taken ;D
You must enter by Wednesday July 9 at 4 PM for your boater guess - you can modify your original guess up until that time.

Winner of the Grand Prize for boater guess will get KaRu Lures and a Flip Clip set.

For a bonus prize, guess the highest finishing co-angler and his/her 3-day total weight in pounds and ounces. The same person can't win both prizes.

Winner of the bonus prize for co-angler guess will get a surprise gift. You can post a 2nd new post here for your co-angler guess only until Thursday July 10 at noon (don't edit your original boater guess post after the Wednesday 4 PM deadline) so you have a chance to see the complete list of co-anglers and first day draw at flw.flwoutdoors.com.

Good luck!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

Who is fishing from this forum? I need to know who to look for on the water ?

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

Sign up on www.fantasyfishing.com to see a list of boaters (and pick a team while you're at it - maybe you'll win $100,000!!!)

Boaters
Steve Clapper (SClapper / Steve Clapper)
Dave Reault (Reelin Realtor)
Joe Balog - looks like he got in!!*
Bryan Coates (Bryan26)
Mark Modrak (Mark Modrak)

There are other boaters who visit here at times, but have not signed up for various reasons. If I missed someone, I apologize and just tell me to add your name.

Co-Anglers
Phil Borsa (Team houston)
Steve Smith (dartag)
Kevin Barrows (Fishon1219)
Rob Bakeman (robtheboatman)
Scott (Lumberleo)
Eric? (Eric ;D )
Jay Ahonen (j690)
live2fish (Barry Narrin)
mjm6
Frickerdude
5alive (Jeff Harris)

Well, shoot, I'm not sure who else got in - Jcox7 maybe? I know of a few other friends, but they are computer-phobes... come to think of it, maybe I should dump them for not signing up on the forum!!! :o

The list keeps growing! Who else?

(* I only give screen names if I have permission or it is obvious)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

On the boater side I'll go with Modrak. Two day total 42lbs 15oz.

After fishing with Phil B (Team Houston)at the DK open he's my pick for co-angler

dashaver63

I have to go with Trevor Jancasz. 2 day weight of 47lbs. 9oz. It's a tough pick, I just think Trevor is due from the boater side.

djkimmel

I will also mention some friends who are fishing as boaters - I can give them an out since they apparently keep busy fishing - too busy to sign up here although they visit infrequently to often (one says almost daily, but he is too shy to sign up :) )

Kevin Vida
Marcel Veenstra
Kim Stricker
Bob Bjorkland
Mike Trombley

Okay... I just threw that Bob Bjorkland in to see if anyone was paying attention ;D Sorry Bob, wherever and whoever you are.

Slipkey

With apologies to my cousin, I'll take Balog with a 2-day of 43#12oz.

Cheetam

So many great fisherman to pick from, but I say it's Mr. Clapper with 45lbs 3 oz.
Jeff

djkimmel

Clarifications (now that I'm a little more alert ;D) - you can modify your pick for boater until the deadline of Wednesday July 9 at 4 PM. After that you can't change your boater guess. Since many of us will not know all the co-anglers (sorry duh) until after the first draw Wednesday night, you can post a 2nd vote in a new post (don't edit your boater post) for co-angler only up until noon Thursday July 10 - that helps too I realize since you'll see who drew whom.

Team houston

Hey Dan I practiced with Mr. Bjorkland for 2 days on Lake Norman. Durand Dan I wish you had not done that. Can you say jinx LOL. I am still taking Terry Baksay 42lbs 1oz and Lumberleo 45lbs 0 oz

Buckeyenut313

djkimmel

My apologies to any Mr. Bjorkland fans ;D I just like the name!!

live2fish

I will also guess Joe Balog with a weigh of 42lbs 8oz
and for the co-angler side me (Barry Narrin) with a weigh of 45lbs 6oz.

Barry N.  8)

SethV

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

REEL_MAN

Genie

Sentimental favorite - Steve Clapper with 44#3oz.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

LAPORTE

I'm going with Dave Reault and with a weight of 44 lbs  4 oz 

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Skulley

Since the Reelin' Realtor Dave Reault is President of my Bass Club, I will go with him and he will have 46lbs. 9oz.  Go Dave!!!!

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

blakstr1

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com