Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Cell phones and St. Clair

Started by WayneC, June 24, 2008, 09:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

It looks like my contract is up and it might be time to make a change.  I've used Sprint for the last 10 years or so and their customer service has been the equivalent of having a perpetual root canal.  The phone service has been very good however.  I can sometimes make digital calls as far away as the Belle River Hump...sometimes.

Is there a better service for the Lake? (i.e. TMobile, Cingular, Verizon, etc....)

Genie

My Verizon worked pretty much on the US side for the Detroit River Open.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

fiker

I have never fished Canada, but, my Verizon works everywhere I've been on the US side.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

I've had no issues with ATT anywhere on St. Clair in Canada or Walpole.  However, when in Canada, it picks up a sister network.  But I get signal everywhere. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

TritonTR20

I currently have AT&T and don't have problems. I previously had Verison and had phone service in both the us and canadian sides but I would loose voice mail on the canadian side. One I came back into the US it would show I had voice mails that did not come through immediatly. I'm from Indiana and had the same problem when in Michigan. I went to Torch Lake and could get phone calls no problem, but didn't get voicemail or text messages untill I crossed back into Indiana three days later. 

DDBethke

Wayne,

I have had good luck with Verizon, I just get pegged for roaming while in Canada ofcourse...

I think Verizon has the best coverage overall in Michigan...

Duane
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

WayneC

Way cool guys...I knew there would be some help with this on www.greatlakesbass.com!

Tom...When you get on the sister network, are you paying roaming charges for Canada?

I'm just beginning to check this out so I appreciate all the input I can get.  Thanks again.

Skulley

I have ATT for a carrier also.  I have been as far as Colchester on Erie and out at the helicopter pad and have been able to talk to my lovely bride.  Actually I have all my phones on one bill.  They are the land line in my home and two other cell phones besides mine.  With ATT there are free nights and weekends and free mobile to mobile with other ATT subscribers.  Cingular is now ATT.  When you get into Canadian waters your service switches to Canadian ATT which is called Rogers Wireless.  I have paid no roaming charges.  I have had Verizon and had issues with calls while in Canadian waters.  With ATT, no sweat.  I would agree with Duane that in Michigan, Verizon maybe better, however I have had no problem with ATT in Michigan either.  The problem came when I went to Canada.  With ATT, you can be sitting on the Belle Hump Wayne, and talk to me on the Colchester Reef with no problem at all......... 8)

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Wolf_fisherman

Hay Wayne I have verizon now and havent had a problem in canadian waters it just switches over to roaming.
Carpe Diem

WayneC

Wolf...does the roaming come with higher charges?

BD...very interesting and great info.

This is giving me some great stuff to follow up on.  I like the Belle Hump/Colchester connection (literally)

Wolf_fisherman

I'm not sure if it does wayne but i wanna say yes....i try just to do texting and sending pics out while i'm out there. Don't like the idea of having my phone out while over water........all it takes is one wrong move and splash there goes $200 lol.
Carpe Diem

WayneC

I even find that over time, the humidity on the water will do a phone in.  Gotta have it though.

djkimmel

Hey everyone... I just wanted to point out how proud I am (I forgot last week)... I believe this is Wayne's very first thread that he started all on his ownsome. Yeah Wayne! I knew you could do it. Now tie a string to that phone and store in a baggie with some of those pharmacy water soaker upper thingys.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.