Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:53:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Journal FLW St. Clair June 2018

Started by Team houston, July 04, 2018, 01:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team houston

I took a half day off work and got down to Metro beach with enough time for a quick stop at Sportsmans direct. Got to the 4 30 meeting and got paired with Cody Meyer. I meet Cody in the morning and we get the boat in the water with no trouble and wait for take off. They call our boat number and we are off. We stop a short distance from  metro for five min. With no action we head down to the mouth of the river. Cody is throwing a swimbait and almost immediately hooks up. A solid keeper. we fish there about an hr and Cody catches a couple more on the swimbait and a ned rig. We then make a quick run to the Canadian side. Cody continues to catch them on a regular basis mostly on the swimbait. I finally get my first bite on the jerkbait and its about four lbs. Not long after I get another keeper on the jerkbait and a short. Cody has narrowed his bait selection down to just the swimbait and throws it 90% of the time the rest of the day. I still am throwing anything that feels right. I get my third keeper bite on a t rig beaver. We then make a move out to deeper water. Cody starts catching 4lb class fish and is culling. I get my fourth and finally a limit on the dropshot at about 1 o clock. At about 1 30 the fish really turn on and Cody is wrecking them. I catch a nice one on a spybait and cull out a 14 incher. Cody is catching them right up until we have to leave. Laughing and giggling the whole time saying how much fun he is having and cant believe how good this place is. We end the day with Cody weighing in 21 lbs and me 15.4.  I am happy with my weight because it kept me in the hunt for a decent finish. Cody was laid back and fun to fish with. He even gave me a little Tackle warehouse gift pack. That included a Hat, coozie and $25 gift card. It was a light wind beautiful day on the water.

21XDC

Awesome Phil... I watched almost all of the live coverage including the weigh ins... But some how I missed yours...  ::)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Hollada

Do the co's Offer up cash in the FLW events?  I had assumed so, but with him giving YOU a gift pack it got me wondering.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Team houston

Team houston

DAY 2   Fri I am paired with Rodney Young from Florida. Rodney only had 11 lbs the first day and is kicking himself for not going to Canada. He is leary of the trip because he only has an 18 ft aluminum ranger. He is mulling over the decision as we head out and decides start we he started yesterday. About a half mile from metro point. Just a little deeper on a tip from another boater friend. We fish there for a half hr with only a sheephead bite. He decides to move in shallower where he fished yesterday. He does pick up two 4 lbers on the drop shot and I catch a solid keeper. At 9 the action dies and he is thinking about running. I tell him he would never have a better day to do it. The lake is literally like a sheet of glass. So off we go to the Belle river hump. He did not practice in Canada at all so we are going in blind and just fishing. 5 min after getting there we see one eating mayflies cruising around the boat. He pitches his drop shot too the fish and it follows it down and after a couple seconds he is hooked up and lands another fish near 4 lbs. He puts the trolling motor on low and we start to slowly cover ground. He eventually catches a couple more and I get a second. We continue to cover new water but always come back to the spots we got bites and usually get another one. I finally get a third and after putting it in the well I drop my drop shot overboard while I am getting back on the back deck. When I pick my rod back up I have one on but it pulls off halfway up. Rodney hooks and loses the two biggest fish of the day when they jump. Nothing could be done they both threw the d shot on jumps. I just cant seem to get many bites today. At about 1 30 the wind finally starts to get up and we head back to our starting spot. as soon as we start fishing I have a good keeper on but again it pulls off. Rodney was very generous and takes me into a nearby canal to maybe get my limit with LM on a wacky rig. Letting me cast to all the shady spots I only manage one short. The day ends with Rodney weighing in 18lbs I have only 3 for 6 and change. Very disappointing to say the least. The weights were fantastic and so many fish being caught it is a tough pill to swallow. But I have had a lot of good fortune the last couple years so I will put my head down and keep fishing.

1BADAIR

Nice review.  MY day 2 guy would accept any gas money