Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:46:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BassPro Spring Classic

Started by smbassman, February 24, 2006, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smbassman

Man, I feel like Ralphie in the Christmas Story movie running to the mailbox everynight for my ovaltine secret decoder ring.   Only I am waiting for the BassPro spring classic sale paper.  Has anyone gotten theirs?  I need time to make my list and check it twice and there is only a week left.   :o

Hooksetter

I got mine yesterday, there are some great deals as usual. I usally take advantage of the reel trade in sale every year, it helps make them more affordable.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

smbassman

So tonight might be the night! ;D  I can sit and watch the classic coverage and make my list.  I was a fool earlier this year and bought three reels there and totally forgot about the real trade in deal.  Could have saved $60 :-\'.

joshimoto son

Got mine yesterday... the thing that sucks about being single and getting whatever you want when you want is this...
I looked at that sale catalog and the only thing I could do or say is...

Got it... got it... don't need it... got it... got it... got it... got two... that thing was a waste of money... don't need it... got it... got it... whoa... oh wait... got it... what the!!! ...
don't need it... and then it was over...

I'll still be there... hope to see some of ya!

Joshimoto son ;D

MBell

Check the web site, they had some deals that were not available in the store.  I bought a few $90 catalyst spinning reels for $60. 
-Matt

joshimoto son

I'll get to that maybe on Monday... taking off right nowy and heading to HOOTERS!!!

kgr624

How does the Reel trade in work????
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Skulley

I am going to the BPS Spring Fishing Classic on the evening of March 10.  That is when Moonlight Madness is.  It runs from 1700 to 2300 hours (5pm to 11pm).  That is when the store has hourly deals and usually the best sales for the weekend are that evening.  I went there last year and bought about $700 worth of stuff for about $300.  That is the night to go.  Hope to see you all there.

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

Quote from: kgr624 on February 24, 2006, 03:42:18 PM
How does the Reel trade in work????
You bring in a functional reel to donate, and you get a coupon worth x amount of dollars off a new reel purchase.  The more expensive the reel, the more money you save.
Jeff

blakstr1

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Spring Fishing Classic
March 4 -12

First and foremost.....VENDOR BOOTH'S are BACK!!!! We have 25 plus MFG. vendors and about 30 other booth's.

Lucky Craft
Plano
Cannon Down Riggers
Minn Kota
Humminbird
Lowrance
Shimano (2) Booth's
Aqua-Vu
Pure Fishing (2) Booth's
All Star
Northland
Pradco
Gamma
Lindy
Mustad
Daiwa (2) Booth's
Snack Daddy
Pursuit
Musky Innovations
Mepps
Twister
Drift Control
Normark
Shakespeare
Pflueger
P-Line
Zebco
Magna Dyne
Drifter Tackle
Old Bayside
and a few more that escape me as of now.

Boy Scouts of America Trout Pond
National Bass Anglers Association
Michigan Ontario Musky Association
Great Lakes Fly Fishing LLC
Dea-Lynn Charters
Drifter 2 Charters
Riverside Charters
Rampage Charters
Chartertalk
Bushwackers Charters
Farmland Pheasant Hunters
Sporting Lands Alliance
Ducks Unlimited
Oakland County Bass Anglers
a couple Canadian Outfitters
A few more Conservation groups
Detroit Steelheaders
Antique Lure collectors/ Display
Country Smokehouse
Richmond Meat Packers
and many other groups

Seminars:
We have a different twist to them this year, we are having Bass, Musky and Walleye Discussion Panels. We plan to have anywhere from 3 - 5 top notch guy's field questions from the crowd. Stop by and check it out, it will be different.

Gary Parsons
Chase Parsons
Gre Bohn
Pete Maina
Bill McElroy
"Mini" John
Todd Glover
Enzo Cerqua

Semianr topics:
Trolling for Musky
Soft Plastic's for Bass
Casting For Musky
Trolling for Walleye
Sight Fishing For Bass
Introducing a child to fishing
Everything Musky
Tips & Techniques for Panfish
Tactics for Walleye
2006 Walleye Tips
Steelhead fishing in Michigan
Manistee Browns, Kings and Steelhead
Lake St. Clair Musky
What's New With National Bass Anglers Association
Spring time Manistee River Steelhead

Tank Demo's all day each weekend.

MARCH 9TH THURSDAY FROM 4:00PM - 8:OOPM N.B.A.A. & BASS PRO SHOPS SPEED CASTING CONTEST

Lot's of exciting things going on and if I'm not mistaken......There is a huge SALE happening during the Classic.

Doug Phillips
Promotions Manager
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World @ Great Lakes Crossing Mall
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

Doug Phillips, isn't that the guy whose wife use to run the Federation Classic Series?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Yes - he's promotions manager or similar at BPS Auburn Hills now

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I can't go on moonlight madness night.  That's the day I'll be working with Oby Wayne in Lansing.

I think I'll go this Saturday AM.

Trouble is, I have a wife, and she just doesn't agree that I need quite a bit of that stuff in the sales catalog.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

stackenem

Any body going to the early sale this Friday night? The wife and I are going.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

joshimoto son

I'll be there sometime...

Joshimoto son ;D

smbassman

I'm going tonight.  Otherwise the cheaper stuff is already picked over pretty good by late Saturday morning.

blakstr1

so for those that have made it to BPS already, how was the opening weekend of the sale, what deals did you get ???
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

got there at 8:50 sat morning.. they were already open..  got a bunch of  ZOOM flukes on sale.  some BPS line,  Stike King baits..  i turned in a reel and got the discount coupon so i had to buy a new Symetre reel..  was out of there at 9:45 and the people were streaming in... lots of guys buying salmon stuff..

now all i need is some new rods and open water..

ss

smbassman

I got in on Friday night(for preferred members only ::)).  They had drawings for free stuff every half hour and I won a pair of waders.  Maybe I should keep them in the boat this spring for fishing Saginaw Bay - instead of beaching the boat like last year I can anchor and do some flats fishing ;D.

Anyways,  I got stocked up on XPS Flouro line and some Seagur Flouro w/ a free spool of invisX, some Stren super braid(never tried it before).
Stocked up on Gammy hooks, Zoom brush hogs, super chunks, horny toads etc. Bitsy bugs, swimmin' jigs, a couple of clearanced St Croix rods to match the Curados I bought earlier this year.  All-in-all I stuck to my list from the sale paper.  Nothing else really stood out.  Not the big clearance savings that there usually is. 

MBell

I didn't really see any great deals either.  In the past there were always a few things you just couldn't pass up.  The xps flouro line was the best deal I saw, don't know if they had any out but on the website they now have bulk spools of xps flouro.  Couldn't find any of the new lucky craft jerkbaits for $10.99, anyone see them?  I'll go back this week hopefully they'll put out some new stuff.
-Matt