Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:10:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sody Report 2018 Costa series Buffalo NTY,Lake Erie

Started by SODY, July 28, 2018, 10:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SODY

One and done, Lake Erie was a smallmouth mega fest and showed out on day one with awesome limits and giant fish. Drop shot tube, ned etc

Unfortunate days two and three were cancelled so Ron and I got to see Niagara Falls (Very Cool) but spent two days bumming around wishing we had fished days two and three as he had a top ten shot and I had a chance at a check. He finished 17th with (5) for 19 lbs 2 oz for $810. His day one ride Ben Wright finished second for $16,800 with (5) for 24 lbs 3 oz missing winning $87,500 by 1 ounce. This was a tournament of ounces !!! I finished 100 place with (4) for 13 lbs 7 oz and lost two that may have made the difference. I could not get the last fish and the wind picked up. 30- 100 th was only separated by about one fish, so it was a bummer not to fish day two! Most everyone had dead fish penalties.

Both Ron and I had great rides and some of the best boaters we have ever rode with, both great and acted as teams.  Met some great lakes and reelswede readers. Hi all.

Seemed like everyone was loosing at least one big fish due to the depth etc and those that did not fizz or ice their fish lost dearly. We fizzed everyone, took great care and still lost big ones to the long day of fishing, more on that in a minute as I plan to become an expert on this subject.

Ok we both drew early flights and it was clear the reefs were the ticket. When you have 39 boats  around general areas and everyone is catching fish you know its going to be a good day. I caught my first fish on at 6:20 am from 35 foot of water on a Jackal flick shake in watermelon candy with chartreuse spike it garlic on the tail 5 plus lbs. Caught fish two on a 2.5 inch black silver gulp minnow, fish three came on a green robo worm (my partner crushed them all week on this and never fished another bait). fish four came on the gulp and I caught several shorts and a large walleye on the gulp. Ron caught a stud of a walleye on a swimbait. Ron caught most of his fish on drop shot and thats what most anglers were fishing. We all fished Canada and America and it was 20-40 foot depths for most bags.
I used straight flouro 8 and 10lb on spinning gear, with one braid and leader. Ron was set up with all braid and leader. Rode in a 2016 Ranger 521C Cadillac of boats.

Interesting fast fact Ron had a limit by 9:30 AM and his pro did not have anything at 11 am, then he stuck with it, going for the quality five bites and it paid off and caught three over five lbs. I think around 1 PM and ended up in second proving once again Luke 1:37 is true. :)

Great time very clean town , best run tournament and launch I have enjoyed in forever!
They rolled out the red carpet for this one, golf carts food trucks people helping etc. TeamHouston we were wishing you were there! It was better than the tour event!

Ok so now the negative fish care has got to get better at these slug fests and im tired of seeing the fish not getting the treatment they deserve. Look for some videos and input from me as im making it a mission to help. I welcome your comments on how you care for your fish and what has worked for you! Ron and I were talking and a detailed seminar or instruction packet at these would be great for those that need help with fish care.

Great time!!

detroit1

WAVE THERAPY

dartag

Great report.   I heard about a lot of dead fish due to catching them deep.   Fizzing is a tricky thing.  If you do it wrong you can kill the fish.   I learned from a guy on the St Clair River when we used to catch them deep there.  We also used belly weights.