Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

peeed and Anxious at the same time

Started by 1javelin, March 14, 2008, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1javelin

Was on my way to work this morning and stopped at Starbucks for my morning coffee and apple fritter (which is heaven by the way for any apple fritter fans), and just happened to look over at the gas station next door to the Starbucks.  How high was gas? is what you are saying??  No, better yet, a red Chevy pulling a white Skeeter w/ a 200 VMax on it fueling up.  Made me want to cry I was so anxious, and then realized I was on my way in to work >:( >:(  Well, they went to the Portage Marina I assume, that is where they were headed, so apparently the ice must be coming off the lake, cause the ditch ain't deep enough to fish well.  Just figured I would share my revelation with you.  Sorry for the stress I cause you guys further North.  Please spare me my life.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

spinninbug

Thanks for sharing,  however the only lakes up here that have open water are the ones that the big boats can come in off lake michigan on,  Manistee is open and yes there were boats out there today,  steelheaders I would imagine.  Other than that we still have a ton of ice up here in the north country :(.

But it rained this morning and now the sun is out :D so maybe we are getting closer.  But I don't see ice out for a couple weeks at the earliest.  We usally are able to get on the lake in mid april not so sure about this year though. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

thedude

grand river had about 20 boats under 6th street today... might head out there this weekend ;)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bigjc

I saw a walleye boat being towed today, and I was able to convince myself that he was just heading to a marina for service.  I refused to believe that someone was out chasing walleye today while I was working.

JC

Dan

A friend of mine fished walleye fished the St. Joe River yesterday, and  culled to 10 eyes, and while making drifts caught 3 smallies.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Steelhead fishing should be starting in the ST Joe also...What a great fishery..I haven't been on it in about 10 years.

Waterfoul

So just where did you pee while you were anxious??

Spawn under a float (which I still say is a bobber!!) was taking steelies all day yesterday.  Between my buddy Dave and I we got 4 hits and lost all 4!!  Not a good day.  I did get one nice steelie and a 3 lb walleye Monday night though!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

i'm going bass fishing saturday. ;D

god bless the red state to the south of us.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

dmills4124

19 days till our first tournament on long Lake. Sitting here putting together some new carolina rigs. Trying the vanish this year instead of Cajun Red. That didn't work well last year at all.
  can't wait to get on the water. I just want back on the water with a wet line.
later
don m

Waterfoul

Well dmills, the way things are going it could be an ice fishing tournament!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TritonTR20

Had the boat out last weekend, but only to go get gas before prices get any higher!

McCarter

Kev and I fished Lake Cumberland last weekend.  It only took us 6 hours to get down there pulling a Champ 210.  Small price to pay to do some open water bass fishing.  The gas was another story, but Kev paid so for me, it was worth every penny.

Got into a few fish too.  A 3 lb smallie and a few 2 lb spots along with a few non keepers. 

All but one fish came on a Prototype Shakey Worm in working on.  The other came on a Daredevil spoon.  I bought it to try the Kelly Jordan action out and ended up using it as a jiggin spoon on a submerged tree in 25 f o w. 

Quit whining and go to KY :-*.  But beware, cuz once your back, life sucks that much worse with all this ice and cold temps still lingering.

McCarter himself :-\'