Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 10:53:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hello, from the MI FOM Director

Started by bigjc, March 11, 2008, 01:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

Hello to all,

My name is John Carter, I am the Fishers of Men, MI division Team Trail Director.  I fished with the Fishers of Men in 2005 in both the West MI division and the North Kentucky division, and I was so impressed by Fishers of Men, that I applied to be a director.  In 2006 I started the MI East Division.

For those of you who don't know anything about FOM, we are a non-denominational Christian ministry.  We attempt to run the most professionally run team tournaments in the country.  Our format is 5 divisional tournaments, leading to one of 5 regional tournaments, which lead to the FOM National Championship (which is a huge production) just ask any team who has been to one of them. 

Our tournaments are run as follows:
We have an off-limits period which begins the Monday before the tournament (see tournament rules 
http://www.fomntt.com/rules.php ), then Friday is an official practice day, until 5pm followed by a pre-tournament meeting.  Our Friday night meetings are the Heart of our ministry.  We try to hold the meetings at an area church, we provide our anglers with dinner and a short message before drawing blast off and giving away great door prizes.  Tournaments are all on Saturdays from safe light til 3pm.

If you have never fished an FOM event, you need to check us out this year, and you will come back for more.

God bless,

John K. Carter
MI Director FOM

TCook

I personally like the sound of FOM as a circuit and it was one of the team trails me and my partner discussed possibly fishing last year. The pre meetings that were worth 50 points and the fact that we were not religious individuals was the only deterant for us. If the points for attending meetings ever change I would consider fishing it in the future.
FISH HARD!!!

fishon1219

T,
Dont let not being a religious individual deter you from coming to the friday night meeting. It is not like you think. It is a nice meal followed by a short message that is always interesting to here  wether you are religious or not. The message rarely runs longer than 20 minuets and they still give away good doort prizes.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

bigjc

T,

Let me challenge you to come fish one event, and I would be willing to bet, you won't mind attending the Pre-tournament meeting.  Just like a BFL tourney has a pre-tournament meeting, only we feed you and you hear a short 10-15 minute message.  The fellowship is awsome unlike any other trail you have ever fished.

I would venture to say that most of the anglers in our division do NOT regularly attend church, so don't let that stop you from fishing with FOM.

John Carter
MI FOM Director

Lightningboy

T,

Everyone else is right on the money, it's not quite what you may think.  There is an inspirational message at each meeting, but fairly short and usually interesting.  Religion at FOM is like a plate of cookies at a party; they're there if you want some.

What you will notice after a while is the attitude at FOM.  Everyone is friendly; nobody cops an attitude 'cause you're not one of "them".  The competition is fierce, there are some good sticks here.

Plus you get dinner.  Sometimes just pizza, sometimes a darn good spread.  Now stop and think about it...when's the last time you got to sit down and talk with your competition?  Most everyone loves to talk fishin', good chance to learn a lot.

Give one tx a shot.  Come to Saginaw bay.  If nothing else it's a chance to fish for cash and catch the biggest smallies of your life.

SODY

I could not agree more, come fish one of the tournaments and you will enjoy it, the special emphasis on husband wife and father son/daughter teams is an added bonus as you have a great chance at qualifying for the championship this way. There is a good chance I will be breaking out my secret weapon (Wife) and fishing several east side tournaments with my partners this year. Youth events through the legacy division are another bonus. Seriously my wife was so mad at me for not taking her to the FOM tournaments that was begging me to sign us up this year, when was the last time your wife wanted you to fish more tournaments??????