Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

New Contest - And the WINNER of the GREAT Prize Is!

Started by djkimmel, January 26, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Time again because, thanks to the guys at KaRu Lures, I have a great prize to give the winner!!! I want to keep it, but Karl and Rudy say, "no Dan - give it away to one of your members!" ;D

The winner of this contest gets a new KaRu Lures Vibra-Series Sampler Kit!! An awesome selection of VibraShock jigs, VibraSpins, high quality fish-catching skirts and trailers in one kit. This is for a Clear, Mid-Deep kit - fantastic for the Great Lakes Region!! Pricing and ordering information should be available soon.

Here's the rules - READ THEM CAREFULLY:
-Answer these 5 questions below - answers can all be found on GLBass.com.
-Do not post your answers here! Either PM your answers to member 'contest,' or email them to 'contest at greatlakesbass dot com'
-Contest ends Sunday, February 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM
-If more than one member answers all questions correctly, a winner will be drawn by an independent observer (if I get more than 40 entries, I'll give away a 2nd surprise prize)
-Open to all GLBass.com forum members (except me ;D)

Here are your questions - READ THEM CAREFULLY:

1.  Name at least 5 present official GreatLakesBass.com web site sponsors (not Dan Kimmel's personal sponsors)
2.  Give both winning members' screen names, lake and date for the very first DK Open held in fall 2005
3.  NBAA is repeating their huge Detroit River open tournament on June 21, 2008. Name the two anglers who won the first event last year on June 23
4.  Name who won - real name and GLBass screen name - the pro side of the 2007 FLW Tour Chevy Open on Lake Erie
5.  What is the tournament lake for the 2008 TBF Northern Divisional Championship being hosted by The Bass Federation of Michigan

Good luck. Here are the disclaimers:
Anyone who doesn't try to win this awesome prize is crazy ;D

Thanks to for supporting this contest.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

GotstaFish

Thanks Dan, I knew you'd do the right thing  ;) LOL

djkimmel

It wasn't EASY... this is a really nice looking sample pack that will slam some bass this year for some lucky angler!!!

For everyone else... let me reiterate - read the rules and questions carefully...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

AND THE WINNER IS... drumroll please...

UAWBigDog!!!!!
Here's his answers (he was real confident too!! ;D):
1)  Mike's RX Baits, Case Plastics, Wonderland Marine West, Worldwide Marine Underwriters, Matteson Marine. Additional correct answers would be KaRu Lures of course, and P-Line.com, EZODS.com and Grandt Rods - thanks to all of them for making everything possible.

2)  September 24, 2005 was tournament date.  Tom Ouweleen/Revtro and James Madigan/MadWags won the tournament on Lake Ovid with 4 bass weighing 7.85lbs.

3)  Mike Trombly and Dave Hayward won the NBAA Detroit River Open on June 23, 2007 with 5 bass weighing 21.55lbs. 

4)  Steve Clapper who also goes by screen name Steve Clapper won the 2007 FLW Tour Chevy Open on Lake Erie.
SClapper would also be a correct screen name.

5)  The 2008 Northern Divisional Championship will be held on Lake St. Clair on September 7 through September 12, 2008 on Lake St. Clair.

Your awesome prize will be on the way shortly BD!! Thanks to Rudy and Karl and KaRu Lures for providing the great prize!!

Several entrants sent their entries to the wrong address, and/or did not answer every question completely right. Some were confused by my question 5 - stating the state championship location, not the Northern divisional. Didn't mean to confuse anyone. All answers were available within GreatLakesBass.com. UAWBigDog was the only member to get all answers completely right the first try to the correct address. Way to go BD!!! Guess you knew what you were talking about.

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

GotstaFish

Congratulations BD!!!! I hope you enjoy your prize!!!

djkimmel

Well, the question did only call for the screen names, not real names. That is the only thing he didn't get right. I'm sure Jason can take it. I got a pretty good variety of answers, particulary around Jason/James/Dave/David MadWags ;D

I'm glad Jason finally got his own screen name a while back. Much easier that way.

Skulley

Well, men.............it wasn't easy.  Especially question #5.  I did not find the answer in the website.  I actually got it off of another website.  And as DK said............I read every question very, very carefully so that I made sure every answer was clear and concise.  Thanks for the prize.  If you need my mailing address, PM me.  I will send it again. 

All my fish this year will be caught on KaRu Lures!!!!  Thanks again!!!! 

And remember sports fans...........All baits are good as long as they are baits made by KaRu Lures.   SSSSSWWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!

Quote from: djkimmel on February 05, 2008, 11:09:51 PM

Here's his answers (he was real confident too!! ;D):

Way to go BD!!! Guess you knew what you were talking about.

So I sounded confident.....huh..........Well I was really worried more about whether I had sent my answers to the right address.  I knew my answers were correct..........I was just hoping you received them.........as I said.  As far as knowing what I am talking about.........that is very kind of you.  My bride says I never know what I am talking about.  I have heard it so much that I was almost beginning to believe it until DK told me otherwise.  Thanks for that vote of confidence DK......I do really appreciate it.

And again let me remind you all out there in bassfishing land.............
"All baits are good as long as they are from KaRu Lures!!!!!"

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I have your address. Will mail your prize soon.

All the information is on this web site as far as the answers. I promise. That's how I found them all... in about 8 minutes. It may have seemed a little hard to some, but the prize is well worth it.

I was surprised that half the entrants sent their answers to the wrong addresses. If you knew how much email and PM's I get in a day, you would not want your answers mixed in with all that where I might miss the winning answer!!! ;D

djkimmel

BD... your big prize should be there any day now!!

I'll be giving away another KaRu Vibra Series kit to some lucky winner at the GR DeVos ultimate fishing show in a few weeks. Watch for more details.

Skulley

Thanks Dan.  I can't wait to try them out. 

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

I received my prize today.........the KaRu Vibraspin Kit.  It is awesome.  I can't wait to use it.  Thanks DK for running another fun contest. 

BD                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

GotstaFish

Now lets all pray for some soft water so we can go fishing  ;D

Skulley

I have been praying daily.  The Hot Pond is calling................

BD         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

Last year at this time I was hunting Pike and Walleye on the inland lakes :(