Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:58:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BPS and Cabelas links

Started by dashaver63, January 26, 2008, 07:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

DJK, if I use the links from this site and order from BPS or Cabela's, does it help out this site? If so, I'll be sure to use them.

Skulley

Dashaver63,

It does help out the website when you go to BPS or Cabelas from GLBass.com.  When I shop on line for whatever I always try to link through this website because it helps.  I had talked to DJK at the fishing show about that and told him I had linked to BPS through this site and he said it helps and thanks.  On behalf of DJK and this site, anyone who is shopping BPS and Cabelas, please for the sake of this website, link from this website to those sites.  Turn off your pop-up blockers so that a separate window will open up.  Thanks and happy shopping.  Think spring.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

I for sure will go through the link on GLB when I make my orders from BPS or anywhere else from now on. Maybe if enough people start doing the same Dan can cut back on the pop up adds. This has been the slowest site by far that I visit for months. It takes on average 30 seconds to a minute per page for me, every other site I visit is under 10 seconds per page, maybe its just me.
FISH HARD!!!

Skulley

I agree with you TCook.  This site for some reason does take on average 15 to 20 seconds longer to load than any of the others I do visit.  I do believe though that it can have a lot to do with how many hits it is getting throughout the course of the day.  Sometimes it does take a while for the ads to load on the page and that maybe the root of the problem.  I have cable access for my high speed internet, and I notice on days that are not good days weather wise, when a lot more people are on line for whatever reason, it is even slower yet.  But then again all the pages load slower no matter what.  This site for me right now is loading within 10 seconds today.  However, there may not be a lot of people on line in my area.  I don't know.  But I do know some days are better than others.  No matter what.........this is still the best site on the internet.  It has the UAWBigDog's endorsement.

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

I totally agree some days are better than others for me as well and today is as good as it gets about 25 to 30 seconds per page. This is the best forum around and I would still visit daily if it took 5 minutes per load.
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

I get a small commission when you click on a link from GLBass to do your online shopping, and I greatly appreciate it. I'm also working on getting more links for special sales and discounts up that are normally only available online - sometimes better than any deal through the store or going to the site directly. Go to http://www.greatlakesbass.com/shop/ to see the latest deals.

I try to put more time into coding and content so I can't always keep up on the affiliate links. But I try to get the great deals up. I also put up a donation link because some people have asked for it in the past. I don't expect anyone to use it.

A huge way you can help is to please consider the companies that sponsor this site whenever you are making your purchase choices. These companies have the biggest impact on my ability to improve the site. Companies like Worldwide Marine Underwriters, Wonderland Marine West, Matteson Marine, P-Line, EZODs, Mike's Rx Baits, Case Plastics, Grandt Rods and KaRu Lures.

All I ask is that you check them out, consider them and when you do visit any of them and get the chance, make sure you tell them you saw them on GreatLakesBass.com! Thanks!

I've been getting some 'smart people' help on coding (I am an angler after all ;D) and made some changes last night that appear to have improved things on the forum. It will take a while to make the changes on other pages, but I'll work on it. I have a pretty fast connection right now at home, but I have seen a consistent improvement in my load time. I'm getting page loads of 3 to 8 seconds most of the time on the forum. Next time you come here, hold down the Ctrl key and press the refresh button to make sure you're getting all of the new code.

Traffic has some to do with it - last night I was getting page loads less than 3 seconds most of the time on the forum. Regardless, I'm working hard to improve speed. I've removed a couple ad spots and several graphics to help. No one likes to throw away revenue, but I really do want things to improve because I appreciate all of your participation.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.