Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:43:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

As I Predicted..............Detroit Lions 7 Wins 9 Losses

Started by Skulley, December 30, 2007, 06:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Well, sports fans, as predicted at the beginning of the season by yours truly, the Lions finish 7 and 9.  That is an improvement over last year, however, not what the fans want or need.  What's it going to take for the Lions to get over the hump.  A new coach, a new offensive line, a new G.M., or a new quarterback.  I don't know. 

My 7 year old son asked me today.........Dad, why do you watch the Lions???  They don't win like the Pistons and the Wings.  So I told him.........Son, I only can hope that someday the Lions will win like the Pistons and the Wings.  I have been watching them since I was your age and every year I hope they can do it.  But Dad....they don't do it.  They stink.  I know son....but again I can only hope that some day before I die, they will make it to the Super Bowl and maybe even win it.

Well sports fans.  What else can I tell the young lad............ :'(

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Not much more to say? Me on the other hand I take my son down to all of the home games. I know what a waste. When we should be fishing..... hang in there BD. We will see you at the fishing show

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

dashaver63

And if the Lions were not bad enough, they just traded Shaun Rogers to my Browns for Leigh Bodden and their 3rd round draft pick. So far that's Rogers, Corey Williams from GB and last night they got Donte Stallworth. OH YEAH!

Skulley

Looks like the Browns are serious about winning.  They are getting some marques players and that's what it takes to win in the NFL.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Detroit will save money on oxygen now that Rogers is gone.... He sure did suck it down. I would be ashamed if I were him....

Don L

dashaver63

At 6'4" and 340lbs, with his ability, the Browns would probably buy him his own oxygen TENT. I'm starting to look forward to football season already. With the deals the Tigers made and now the Browns, it'll be a really fun year all around. Then I get to fish with you guy's pretty soon, MAN, LIFE IS GOOD!

Skulley

Now if the Lions can get rid of Millen and the rest of the Ford Family as owners, they will save money on HOT AIR too.    :o

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

Thats the biggest problem right there. Same problem Cleveland had with Modell. It took him taking the team to Baltimore and no football for a couple years, then several years of horrible football, but I think they are back now. Lets hope Detroit doesn't have to go through all that to get some real owners up there.

LAPORTE

The kicker in all of this came in the mail this last week.... MORE $$$$ for season tickets. >:( >:( Man that family has a set of brass ...... well you know the rest.... I just think how much more fishing I could do with that money. :o

dashaver63

Don, I do believe it's time to re-think things. You could probably get a new boat or at least a better tow vehicle!LOL!

LAPORTE

Funny how you bring up the whole tow vehicle thing.... I just updated it to a ... 2000 Jeep. the old Ford truck will be soon on the market for 1100 bucks. 

dashaver63

Boy Don, thats pretty generous of you give someone $1100 to take that off your hands for you! LOL  Bet the wife will be glad when it's gone.

LAPORTE

Man wheres the love...lol I know it is in rough condition but it is a FORD truck...  8) 8)   (that starts with a push of the button..)

Don L

dashaver63

Man, that truck was straight out of Deliverance! I was kind scared when I pulled in next to it last fall. I was really relieved when I saw you with fishing rods instead of a shotgun! Just kidding. The only reason it ran as long as it did was because it was a Ford. I hated to get rid of mine, but could'nt afford to insure both vehicles.

Skulley

Doesn't FORD stand for "Found On Road Dead".  Much like the Lions.  As long as the fans keep going and filling the seats at FORD Field, then there will be no urgency to build a championship caliber team here.

BD         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Durand Dan

Lemmings!!

Definition:

a member of a large group of people who blindly follow one another on a course of action that will lead to destruction for all of them