Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Off The Grid

Started by Skulley, July 22, 2016, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Some of you that are my friends on Facebook already know but some of you that don't frequent the social network much don't.  I've been off the grid for the past month as I've been in Providence Park Hospital in Novi.  I was admitted to the hospital on June 28th with an abscess in the mid portion of my right lung next to my heart.  An abscess is a form of pneumonia or pus sack. It was a little bigger than a golf ball.  As antibiotics weren't doing the job to shrink it, the doctors decided to try to drain it.  The drain was only partially successful as it only shrunk it very little.  That called for surgery. 

I had the surgery to remove the abscess on July 7.  I spent the next almost 2 and a half weeks in ICU of the hospital with three (3) tubes sticking out of my chest.  During that time my gall bladder started to somewhat fail so I had to have a drain bag and cathoder inserted.  The cathoder goes through my liver and into the gall bladder to drain it. I may or may not have to have the gall bladder removed in the next month or so.  Don't know about that yet but will find out in about a 5 weeks after a follow up with the surgeon.  If I have gall stones, it comes out.  If I don't have gall stones, they pull the cathoder and I go on living a normal life. 

I was release from the hospital yesterday July 21, 2016 and am home resting now.  Those of you who already know this from my Facebook page, I thank you for the prayers and good wishes.  I really do appreciate all the support I have received from all of you.  It's been absolutely wonderful.  Thanks again so so much.

I am looking forward to be getting back out on the water in September to take advantage of Michigan's fall fishing.  It is my favorite time of year to fish. The Doctors say it will be about then that I can do it again. 

Thanks again to all for all the prayers and good wishes.  My best to all.

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Look forward to see you zipping around Belleville Lake beating me to my favorite spots.

Firefighter Jeff

Best wishes on a complete recovery Dog !!!!!

detroit1

Sorry to hear this, but happy you're home recovering. The fish needed a break from you anyways b.d. They'll  see you this fall...take care
WAVE THERAPY

fiker

Ive been following your progress via John.   We've both been praying for you.  Glad to hear you've gone home. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

Quote from: YpsiBass on July 22, 2016, 05:17:45 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery. Look forward to see you zipping around Belleville Lake beating me to my favorite spots.
Thanks Ypsi.......but they were probably my spots before they were yours.....lol. 

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on July 22, 2016, 07:01:40 PM
Best wishes on a complete recovery Dog !!!!!
Thanks Jeff.  It's been tough but I'm hanging in there.

Quote from: detroit1 on July 22, 2016, 09:51:00 PM
Sorry to hear this, but happy you're home recovering. The fish needed a break from you anyways b.d. They'll  see you this fall...take care
Thanks detroit1. I'm happy to be home for sure. The fish have had a break since mid May being involved with my son in his travel soccer and the heavy schedule there.  Then this happened but with God's healing hands, I'll be just fine.

Quote from: fiker on July 23, 2016, 07:00:36 AM
Ive been following your progress via John.   We've both been praying for you.  Glad to hear you've gone home. 
Thanks Rick.  I know you have been updated via John.  He will probably be by next week.  I know he was busy today with his tournament on Erie.  I'm going to win that thing one day with a bag of largemouth.  At least I keep telling myself that.  lol  Glad to be home.

BD                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Wow, I hope you get feeling better... Im not a facebook guy myself so thanks for the post.. Ill throw some prayers up for ya bigdog..

LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Skulley

Quote from: LAPORTE on July 24, 2016, 09:19:23 AM
Wow, I hope you get feeling better... Im not a facebook guy myself so thanks for the post.. Ill throw some prayers up for ya bigdog..

LaPorte
Thanks Don. I appreciate all I can get. It's been a tough summer for me. But I'm still kickin and scratchin.

BD.                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

I'm not on FB either, so thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear you're doing well and getting stronger by the day.  I will pray that you keep doing so.  Here's a thought:  How about we fish St. Clair in the fall at least once together.  I think it's about time you and I end up in the same boat for a day. :)  Hang in there bro!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Quote from: Revtro on July 25, 2016, 11:42:59 AM
I'm not on FB either, so thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear you're doing well and getting stronger by the day.  I will pray that you keep doing so.  Here's a thought:  How about we fish St. Clair in the fall at least once together.  I think it's about time you and I end up in the same boat for a day. :)  Hang in there bro!
Thanks Rev. I think that's a darn good idea. I usually don't do LSC in the fall and go to Erie so for me that would be a real treat. I look forward to it.

BD.                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

fiker

Maybe i'll take you to one of your favorite points and let you do your crank bait thing.  When you get better thart is.

djkimmel

Somehow I missed all of the excitement though I'm on Facebook every day pretty much. Facebook must have decided not to show me for some reason. You never know with Facebook. I hope your recovery continues and you get out for that fall fishing that you like so much.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on July 29, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
Somehow I missed all of the excitement though I'm on Facebook every day pretty much. Facebook must have decided not to show me for some reason. You never know with Facebook. I hope your recovery continues and you get out for that fall fishing that you like so much.
Thanks Dan. I hope I do too. Facebook doesn't always show things unless you visit timelines. The more you visit a timeline, the more you see or I should say the more that shows up on the news feed. It's kind of silly but that's how it works......I guess. Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it very much.

BD.                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Wow i read your report.  I missed the text you sent.  For some reason I don't get messages for all of them.   I knew something was up because you  have been off the grid for quite a while.   Glad things are improving.   Get healthy there is still lots of fishing time ahead.

The old trolling motors have saved the day twice now.  I used a couple parts on mine and a buddy broke a cable and we were able to use one.  Good to have spare parts on hand

Get strong buddy.

ss

Skulley

Quote from: dartag on July 30, 2016, 06:32:10 AM
Wow i read your report.  I missed the text you sent.  For some reason I don't get messages for all of them.   I knew something was up because you  have been off the grid for quite a while.   Glad things are improving.   Get healthy there is still lots of fishing time ahead.

The old trolling motors have saved the day twice now.  I used a couple parts on mine and a buddy broke a cable and we were able to use one.  Good to have spare parts on hand

Get strong buddy.

ss
Thanks Steve. Right now my ribs have been the most sore. Of course they had to spread them without breaking them to get to the abscess. But I'm healing and I  hope to be ready for some great fall fishing. I'm glad those motors came in handy. I just knew they would.

BD.              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

Well, fellas you'll be glad to know that the Doctor released me to return to work and fishing on Monday September 12, 2016.  Although I still have the gall bladder issue to contend with, the surgeon for my lung still has to give me a clean bill of health on that before I can have it removed.  It looks like that won't happen until after October 15.  Other than that and an occasional sore rib cage, I'm doing great and looking forward to getting back to work but most of all back on the water.  Thanks everyone for all your prayers and support.  I can tell you it's no fun getting old. That's for sure.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Glad you're getting there! Good luck with the rest!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

We'll have to see if you can squeeze in a little fishing in late September.