Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

IceFishing Fun Get Together

Started by h2o, December 28, 2007, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2o

Come one Come all to LSCN Fun Fishing Get Together.

Place: Metro Lagoon directly East of the Metro Boat Launch
When: Sat. Jan.5th 2008
Time: When ever you get there. To When ever you leave.

Well by than the ice will be safe, for the first get together that place is good. There are fish there the water is deep and we can all keep our shanty's or what ever in the same general area. We'll set the shanty's in a big circle and put a tip-up in the middle. If you want to put a dollar in the can by the tip-up than the first one to the flag gets the can on a landed fish. I'll set the tip up in the later morning.

Bring what ever you want. Lets have a fun time and enjoy the company of some great friends.

Bring whoever you want.

Anyone with any helpful idea's bring it on. Excluding a different place. We can pick a different place for the 2nd one.

This place is great because its a central location, plenty of parking, and a short walk for the set up making it ideal. And the ice will be safe. Bait stores right on the S.E. Corner off Jefferson/16 mile (metro)

So if your going to make it add your name and your guest's.

h2o<--I'll be there by day break.
BE HAPPY TO BE PART OF ALL YOU SEE

stackenem

How deep is the water and can you spear on lsc
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

h2o

Around 8 feet.  As far as I know you can spear.

h2o<--hope to see you there.

djkimmel

I'll make it if I can. I usually spend the winter repairing my marriage, but I may be able to pull this one off. Now... I have to find the ice fishing gear I haven't used in a looonnnnggg time.

Are you going to have some 'hole drilling kids' there??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bigjc

Is that in the Metro Park?  What is the best way to get there from 94?  Hmmm, I wonder if my gas auger still works???  Have not fired it up in about 5 years.  LOL

JC

djkimmel

Even if it won't fire... just spin it around... it'll still work!! ;D

From the South or West -
Go towards Port Huron on I-94.

Take the Metro Park exit east onto Metro Parkway (16 Mile rd equivalent, I believe) towards... you guessed it, the Metro Park. Just go straight east, and you can't miss the park.

Straight back takes you to the BIG parking lot. The marina basin will be on your left. Take a left after you pass the toll booth (and pay to get in if you don't already have a Metro Parks sticker) and you'll got towards the boat ramp parking. Basin will be on your right.

If I can get there, I'm going to park by whomever has the biggest thermos!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

h2o

Awesome Dan I have a spud, The ice won't be so thick You'll have to labor, I'll have room in my shanty for ya. Heck I have all the equipment, Just show up and your all hooked up. I'll even get the bait. How do you like your coffee? Bonus. Let me know. Reply on lscn if you want. Post is pinned.

h2o

h2o

Quote from: bigjc on January 01, 2008, 06:08:41 PM
Is that in the Metro Park?  What is the best way to get there from 94?  Hmmm, I wonder if my gas auger still works???  Have not fired it up in about 5 years.  LOL

JC

Once in the park ask the guard where the boat launch is but it's the first left after you say bye to him. Click on the map I put in the post and it will expand. Looking forward to meeting ya. I'll have a American Flag attached to my Blue Clam 2000 Domed Shanty. Real close to shore right across from the Boat Launch.

Looking forward to meeting ya.

h2o

bigjc

Bummer, looks like I have to work Saturday... :'(  Oh well maybe next time.

JC

djkimmel

For a minute... I thought it said 'doomed' shanty... sounded like the last time I went ice fishing ;D

I like your offer h2o... I would be easier than finding out my auger has no blades (I think it is in the garage??) and then dusting off the 'ice tackle' wherever that is?? I will probably load up on some coffee on the way here, but I drink it with sugar, with sugar and white stuff, even black if I'm cold and sleepy.

As soon as I know I can definitely make, and a time, I'll check out lscn. Haven't been there in a while (our busiest time of year at the day job right now). I don't have to work the day job this weekend (so far) and I have a new camera I want to take some fishing pictures with. I hope they bite a little later in the morning still - I don't plan on getting up super early :) )

h2o

Bonus. Looking forward to it and you'll have a high back seat in the heated doomed (domed) lol Shanty. Wait till you see the set up you'll be wowed. lol

If you want me to bring you a thermos of coffee let me know. Cream and sugar right?

See ya there bro.

h2o

djkimmel

I never turn down more coffee...

h2o

I'll take that as your presents will be felt by the fish. Awesome bro. I'll bring the T.V.

h2o 8)