Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

ABA e-mails

Started by dartag, December 05, 2007, 05:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

got 3 different e-mails from ABA.  see below

Some of you have more time than others and care deeply about this organization. We have received your letters, emails and comments that is why we are sending each of you this email. What are looking for 2 or 3 individuals that have organization skills and want to help this organization grow in Michigan. Our goal is to be the most respected and best operated tournament trail in Michigan.

anyone know what is going on.  i see there is now weekend series any more. 

MBell

Got that same e-mail twice, don't know whats going on.
-Matt

McCarter

I must be black listed.  I didnt get any emails.  Maybe they are planning on bringing the weekend series back but dont have the crew to do so.  I nominate Skip Johnson, Jeff Cox, and Eric Bond.  Between those 3, the weekend series will hit all the best smallmouth waters at all the best times. 

McCarter himself :-\'

Skip Johnson

Quote from: McCarter on December 06, 2007, 12:54:54 PM
I must be black listed.  I didnt get any emails.  Maybe they are planning on bringing the weekend series back but dont have the crew to do so.  I nominate Skip Johnson, Jeff Cox, and Eric Bond.  Between those 3, the weekend series will hit all the best smallmouth waters at all the best times. 

McCarter himself :-\'

I got it three times 15 minutes apart about a week ago, I dont know whats going on either.

I agree brian we could pick out some great tourneys, the options are awesome I love fishing smallmouth in this state, I cant wait to do it all over again next year...see you guys in the spring.
Go Big or Go Home!

dartag

just talked to David at ABA and they are trying to find someone in Mich to run a trail.  they have not heard anything from any of the directors in Michigan and want to get there national flyer done with schedules for 2008.   soooo if anyone wants to be a director and start an ABA trail they would love to hear from ya. 

Bloomer

they must have heard from Anthony-he has his 2008 schedule up on the website. No Saginaw bay or St. Clair opening weekend this year???

dartag

looks like 2 paper tournys in May.  also no Cass Lake this year.  glad to see at least there is a schedule for those who want to fish. 

Skip Johnson

5-4 kent lk
5-18 st clair
5-25 lk nepessing
6-29 ponemah
7-27 fenton
8-16 st clair river 2 day championship

I couldnt have picked better lakes in may or times for those lakes in may there will be several limits going near or better than 20lbs.

Ive never fished ponemah or fenton before.
looks like anthoneys trying to make it a good season with lots of fish to be weighed in, Ive had a couple fun seasons so far with ABA and have met some cool guys as well, Id recomend trying ABA if you havent already.
your membership allows you to fish any tournament in the US, ABA has districts on almost all the greatest bodies of water in the country so for $70 you could show up and basicaly be guided as a co angler on lakes such as guntersville, santee/cooper,clarks hill, kentucky, okeechobee, old hickory and many many more true trophy bass waters.
Go Big or Go Home!

Anthony Adams

The e-mails were about the ABA aggressively seeking out more directors. We hope to expand in Michigan and would like to have 4-5 districts in Michigan.

Two years ago we had 4 districts in Michigan now we only have 2. If your interested in directing in Michigan please give me or the ABA a call.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

Quote from: dartag on December 07, 2007, 03:25:28 PM
They have not heard anything from any of the directors in Michigan and want to get there national flyer done with schedules for 2008.

Not sure where this came from but I talked to the ABA in Oct, and to Davis himself 2 weeks ago. Bill A our west side director had his schedule in back in Oct. I was advised by the ABA to wait to post my final schedule until they made a ruling on fishing the great lakes. That is why my schedule was not posted until now. Sorry for the delay guys I had to either wait or take all great lakes events off my schedule.

As stated above the ABA is looking to grow Michigan and would like to find a few more directors to run events in the Northern, Central, and the far southern part of Michigan.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

Thanks to Skip and Eric for the nice words

BassinGT

Anthony,

Could you talk about what goes along with being a director? Someone mentioned there was some pay? What kind of help from the ABA do you get to promote your district?

Also, I was really bummed when Jeremy's district folded down here in the southern portion of the state. Since I live in the Ann Arbor area I've often considered trying the same thing but have worried about finding enough people to show up on a regular basis. It would be cool to fish lakes like Belleville, the Irish Hills lakes in the Jackson area and some of the lakes around Pickney which are great bass lakes.

Just curious about your thoughts on all of this.

Thanks,

Gary