Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 04:11:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Same Old Detroit Lions

Started by Skulley, November 22, 2007, 04:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Well sports fans....another Thanksgiving and again.....Same Old Lions.   :'(   If they win another game this season, it will be a miracle.  Couldn't beat New York.  Couldn't beat Green Bay.  Minnesota up next at the Metrodome....Doesn't look good.  With Dallas, San Diego, KC, and Green Bay again..........what do you think???  I say they won't win another game this year.  Their only chances are Minnesota and KC.  And in my mind, those are long shots.  I predicted that they would be 7 and 9 and it looks like that can happen.  Yep, Yep, Yep......same old Lions.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

I just got back from the game. What a great game... (I'm a packers fan) Go Brett Go..... The lions will do good just not against my packers.  ;D and when they start Ill be there.... Not only am I a poor fisherman but also a season ticket holder ;)

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Durand Dan

They need to trade for a quarterback. Kitna doesn't have a clue what is goning on back there!! I counted one time he threw the ball away instead of taking a sack. Then they establish the run and don't utilize the advantage. Can anybody say Play Action? I just don't get it.

Fire Millen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skulley

It is not Millen.  It's the Ford Family.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Ryan

How many years in a row have they lost on Thanksgiving Day on national television?  They make me sick, yet I can't turn them off...its a visicous cycle.

-Ryan

dashaver63

Well, look on the bright side guy's, you could be like me and follow the Browns.

1javelin

Always could be worse.  Look at the Dolphins and Notre Dame :-[ :-[ :-[ :-* :-* :-*
Live to fish, Fish to live.

dashaver63

Never mind what I said about the Browns, they're actually playing good football this year. But they are like Haley's Comet, once every 10 or so years they play real football, but then they lose in the playoffs, or fail to get in then it's nothing again for the next 10 years.

Skulley

The Lions will be 1 and 7 in the second half of the season making them 7 and 9 for the season.  They had an easy first half schedule.  Now they are playing real NFL teams.  Look at the schedule.  Green Bay once more, Dallas, San Diego, Kansas City, and Minnesota.  Five games left they are already 0 and 2 in the second half.  Minnesota this next week.  If they win the one, then this will be the one.  They are not going to beat or do I think they are good enough to beat the other four being Dallas, San Diego, KC, and of course Green Bay at Lambeau on the last day of the season.  Yes,

THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF LAMBEAU FIELD!!!!

Notice the Green Bay green in the NFL Films phrase.  I hope it snows a lot for that game.  That would be great.  ROAD TRIP!!!!

BD                    ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Hey BD -Lets find some cheap tickets and hit the road.... lol

Don

Skulley

I'd be up for that.  I don't think there will be cheap tickets though.  The Packer's Fans support their team.  I remember what it cost me last time I went to Lambeau.  I remember how hard it was to get a hotel room too.  We actually stayed in Chicago the night before and ended up driving home after the game in a snow storm through the west side of Michigan City all the way to Kalamazoo.  It always snows there.   

It was colder that a witches (*&^(% in a brass (*&^ at Lambeau.  But it was great.  Lambeau is a great place to see a game.  It would be my third time going.....but I would go.  All the same, it would be pretty painful to go all that way and see the Lions get their A's whooped by the Packers for the second time this year.  Wouldn't it be more fun to go to Florida to see the Red Wings play in January or February and then go fishing???  Maybe stop at a couple of lakes in southern Tennessee and Georgia on the way back.  Now that's living the "High Life".

All I know is that I would have to be home by New Years Eve. 

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

motocross269

The Lions are by far the worst managed team in football....They draft WRs the first round the last 2 years then they try to establish a running game...give me a break..44+sacks allowed???...No offensive line whatsoever....Don't blame the lines woes on the QB..We have done that for years.  I believe the blame lies heavily on Player personnel aquisition..MILLEN...

dashaver63

The Lions need to bring back Wayne Fonts!

Skulley

Moto, it's worse than that.  It's ownership.   PERIOD.  You can change GMs until Pigs Fly and the Lions would still lose.  It comes down to the Ford family.....PERIOD.  They've been changing GMs for years and they still can't win.  Time to try something else.  Sell the team to the Illitch Family.  At least Mike would make an attempt to build a winner like he did with the Red Wings and the Tiger's.

They need to draft offensive linemen.  If you can not protect your quarterback, then you can not win.  Especially in the NFL.  Every team that makes the playoffs protects the quarterback.

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Well said... They need some Hogs up front.  In the not so old days of the Dallas cowboys they made holes that you could drive a boat thru. and the give all the credit to Emmit. He should have tried to get all of those yards with the line that Barry had.... the record books wouldn't be the same.

Don L  ;D

Revtro

I was also at the game Thursday.  My wife bought us tickets to celebrate my 40th bday which was on Thanksgiving this year.  I do root for the Lions, but I'm also a big Packers fan and have wanted to see Brett Favre play in person before he retires, so it was an awesome day for me.  I have to give it to the Packers fans.  They turned out in force for the game.  I had cheezeheads all around me and had a great time with the rivalry.  The Packers fans were much more classy by the way than the drunk Lions fans.. at least the ones sitting in my section. But maybe that was because they were the out-of-towners.  My wife tried to get me tickets to the game at Lambeau Field because my life won't be complete until I freeze my tail off at a real football game played at Lambeau the way football was meant to be played. (not on "the rug")  But by the time she inquired, tickets were running big bucks.  So we did the game in Detroit instead.  Still lots of fun.. a birthday to remember.  I can't wait until tomorrow night to see the outcome of the Packers - Cowboys game.  Go Brett!

BTW - I noticed that Detroit seemed committed to the run game Thursday even though it just wasn't happening.  When Kitna threw the ball good things happened.  Even so, they just kept trying to run the ball all day.  I commented half way through the 3rd quarter that if they'd just throw the ball, the game may turn around.  No sooner did I say that then in the 4th quarter the Lions started to throw and got within a score of tying the game.  To me, the biggest problem Thursday was the play calling.  I know Martz gets a lot of credit for his offensive genius, but Thursday it seemed as though they felt the weakness was the Packers run defense and tried to play against that all day.  Perhaps Kitna could have done better at changing some plays on the fly like Manning does constantly, but that's not his style.  He relies on the coach to call the plays.  So I'm not sure I blame him for the losses.  He's been pretty darn consistent this year IMHO. 

Fire Millen - Ford sell the team - Give Kitna a break! - Go Pack Go.  ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Another Sunday in December and same old Lions.  Minnesota  SPANKED  them but good.  42 to 10.  Again no protection to Kitna.  :'(  No wonder he is hurt.  I am going to start rooting again for DAAAAA   BEARSSS.

It's just like Don said, they need some  BIG HOGGS  up front.  Again Kitna had no protection.  Can't score if you can not protect the QB.  The defense spent too much time on the field as usual.  They were tired after the 1st half.  Another dismal Lions team and season.   :'(

BD       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Durand Dan

I'm sorry but the offensive line is only part of the problem. THe Lions only have about 4 players that belong in pro ball and Kitna ain't one of them! I'm not even sure he knows what a pocket is. He consistantly backs out of it taking 6 to 8 seconds to make a decision.
Another thing that the anouncers pointed out during a play review in the third quarter was they had never seen players hanging out with each other, talking joking around, socializing. The Lions quit after the first half. Then the coaching staff quit shortly after. It was really great to see JT O'sullivan come an and run the ball out at the end of the game. The game may have been out of reach but come on!! You have to keep trying!!

Skulley

Quote from: Durand Dan on December 03, 2007, 05:04:45 AM
The Lions only have about 4 players that belong in pro ball and Kitna ain't one of them! I'm not even sure he knows what a pocket is. He consistantly backs out of it taking 6 to 8 seconds to make a decision.

Kitna doesn't know what a pocket is because he doesn't have one to throw out of.  By the time 8 seconds rolls around, what little pocket there is has already collapsed.  They are a pathetic, no talent team and I'm tired of watching them.  Every year it's the same old Lions.  They will be lucky to win another game after what I saw Sunday.  I don't think they can beat the 4 and 8 Kansas City Chiefs.

As far as Pro Bowl players, I don't think they have even 4.  I wouldn't vote for any of those sad sacks.  They stink.  They are a pathetic no talent team.  Terrible.

But as long as they fill the stands at Ford Field, the ownership of the team doesn't care.  The fans have to stop going or the management will never have to do any better than what they do.  I bet that team that won the High School Championship in Division 1 could beat them.  Macomb Dakota High I think. 

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skulley

Well gang, once again the UAWBigDog gets another chance to bash the Detroit Lions.  The Lions did it again or should I say didn't do it again.......How many chances against the Cowboys did they have to put the game away in the 4th quarter????   I counted at least 2......AT LEAST 2 and they couldn't do it.  Good teams find a way to win no matter what.  Face it.....the Lions are not a good team and the Cowboys are 12 and 1.  I rest my case.

BD        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com