Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:35:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

My New Lucky Crafts

Started by blakstr1, February 07, 2006, 07:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakstr1

The 2 latest baits to the "Arkwood Arsenal" !! ?Can't wait to get them in the water!

NC Shell White & Ghost Minnow
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Bulletproof

Never thrown one.  I have a hard time justifying the price.   :'(
I am haunted by waters.

fishon1219

Quote from: Bulletproof on February 08, 2006, 01:17:39 AM
Never thrown one.? I have a hard time justifying the price.? ?:'(
I used to think the same thing until I realized the amount of money I already spent on other fishing stuff. $200 for a reel,$150 for a rod, $25,000 for a boat. Whats another $14 bucks. Heck I spend 10 times that amount whenever I meet poorboy at Hooters ;D
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

I couldnt justify the price either.  Until a friend of mine took me to school on my lake while using one.  He caught fish 4 to 1 over me and my Rogue.  I was sold that day.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

it has taken me a long time to go ahead and buy the Luckys..$$$ is a big deal but actions are much louder than words.  I bought a few on Ebay last year from Japan, saved a couple bucks per bait.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Those two colors are two of my all-time favorites...add Chartruese Shad and you're all set.
Jeff

blakstr1

actually i ordered a chart shad one yesterday from cabelas!!  i've got a gift card to use up, ordered some Sammy's too..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

joshimoto son

I'm not 100% sure, but if you take a look at the Jann's Netcrafters Magazine, you can find some of those LC bodies and colors for crank baits... maybe more, I'll check. Greatly reduced price, all you need to do is add split rings and trebles.
I haven't seen them personally, I hope thy're not seconds.

I'll try to find a link and post it for ya!!

Does anybody do anything to their LC baits after they buy them? or do you just take em out of the box and go?

Josh

joshimoto son

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/minnow-crankbait-bodies/341521.aspx

try this one, I'm pretty sure some of those colors are LC colors.
I'm pretty sure there's more in the magazine though.

blakstr1

i'd like to get my hands on one of those, some of the colors look good, and the shape looks really close, that LC shape of the pointer is hard to beat...good link, thanks emeryj
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

kgr624

Love those lucky crafts. Went crazy last spring and bought almost every color to get ready for every lake. I loved them but nothing beats my 5x stike king watermelon red flake 5" worm. I can't tell you how many times that put me on the leader board on the Grand River and at Muskegon lake. Lucky crafts are good lures but the $$ you pay I just don't know if i can rely on them.
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Chewy

Take a look at reddragontackle.com  Just ordered 6 Pointers for $10 a piece.  They have quite a few colors at that price.

MBell

I posted a pic of the janns lucky craft knock offs on the senko thread.  They look similar but not the same, they are an alternative to lucky crafts not a replacement, you still have to buy the origionals.  The price is no big deal is you know what a good bait is.  For expample if I buy a rouge on average I have to buy 3-4 baits to get one good bait.  With the lucky crafts I only have to buy one bait, they are very consistant.  When you do the math your basically paying the same or a little less when you buy lucky crafts.
-Matt 

Hooksetter

I have to agree with you, MBell. I have not found a hard bait that is more consistent right out of the box than a Lucky Craft. I rate the quality and durability very high too.

Oh yeah, they also catch a ton of fish!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

blakstr1

-chewy

thanks for the reddragon tip...good price! 

i'll agree with MBell too, it sets your mind at ease to know what your getting and what you can expect.  Go Lucky Go!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

yukonjack2

guys:

I am also a big LC fan - both pointer 78's and 100's.    Alittle secret to check out - look up the double prop topwater bait - I think its a waketail or splash tail - hard to find - I have just oneof em - [REMOVED - see No Links Policy List] I think 2 years ago . Its basically a better done version of the devilshorse - a topwater with props fromt and back - its killer in the morning around cover.  
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

yukonjack2

found it!

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

MBell

Those are hard to find, I have one.  Not many carry the lucky craft top waters.  You can also get some pretty cool lucky crafts from japan on ebay, baits not available in the U.S.   
-Matt

Savage

Ahhhh, the venerable splash tail. :o
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks