email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kentucky Lake Regional accident  (Read 1758 times)

dashaver63

Kentucky Lake Regional accident
« on: October 27, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »

Did anyone read about the accident on the FLW site? Has anyone read or heard how the guy is doing? My prayers go out to his family.

Dan

Re: Kentucky Lake Regional accident
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 06:11:06 PM »

Yes I did. His name is David Young and he lives in Mayfield, Kentucky. He has been discharged from the hospital so I assume he is recovering well. The motor hit a submerged object and came up out of the water striking Dave. I looked up on the internet what I assume is his address. I plan on sending him a card. Don't know him, but yet I do, if you know what I mean. Here's a link to the latest update I have heard about.     http://www.flwoutdoors.com/article.cfm?id=146703

Dave Young
2171 State Route 97
Mayfield, Kentucky  42066
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 06:15:48 PM by Dan »
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

jcox7

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:07:47 PM »

That is awful I hope all will be ok

Skip Johnson

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 08:20:46 AM »

that is an awfully scary thought to think of a 460 lb outboard with a big prop coming into the boat with you, I have heard of it happening before but it landed in between the occupants of the boat.
I would think that the controls would still be hooked up therefore the prop would be fully powered up.....shivers!
hope he makes a full recovery.
Go Big or Go Home!

Team houston

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 01:12:01 PM »

Speaking of Kentucky lake, I am still looking for someone to fish the Stren event on April 30th-May 3rd. I don't feel like going by myself but if someone else is willing to go, I'm there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge