Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

No Michigan Stren in 2008. What a bummer

Started by Team houston, October 15, 2007, 03:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team houston

Anybody want to share expenses on either Kentucky lake or lake of the Ozarks?

motocross269

That does stink,,,,They have 2 in New York...I don't get it.

Team houston

Can't complain though. A couple years ago they had two on the Detroit river in the same year. I changed my mind I am now looking at the FLW series at Clarks Hill in Georgia. It is the week following our Regional in Tenn. that would be a short hop to Georgia. Anybody interested?

joshimoto son

Wow! I guess it doesn't ake long to change their minds. We were told a couple of weeks ago at the last event of the year we were going to the Big D.
Bummer man...

Waterfoul

Well shoot... I was hoping to do the Detroit one in 08.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

motocross269

I am going to have to really consider the FLW event now...800 dollars and the Restrictions on Pre-fishing is going to have to make me think about it for a week or two

dashaver63

I just wander if having the tour event there had any bearing on their decision. I noticed Fort Madison was on the schedule, I'd have to think about that for a minute...............OK, Nope.

motocross269

I think Team Houston has the right Idea.....
The smart thing would be to go to Kentucky lake as a Co-Angler...What better way to learn the water and techniques for the regional than spend 3 days in the back of the boat with pros...
Don't send me hate mail....I am not saying to carry a GPS and mark spots...but you could learn what works and doesn't in a short period of time. 

dashaver63

That would be cool, to learn a new lake. But our regional is at Cherokee Lake next year.

Skip Johnson

Quote from: dashaver63 on October 15, 2007, 07:16:55 PM
I just wander if having the tour event there had any bearing on their decision. I noticed Fort Madison was on the schedule, I'd have to think about that for a minute...............OK, Nope.

its funny how oppinions differ I seen that ft madison was on the 2008 stren schedule and immidiatley put it on my wish list, I couldnt think of a funner thing to do than all that flippin and pitchin oh and the top water bite than can last all day and the smallmouth sitting behind the wing dams just waiting to ambush a jig falling over the back of them.....I cant wait what an awesome and diverse fishery;D
Go Big or Go Home!

Team houston

So no one is interested in fishing one in another state, just to expierience a new lake?

Skip Johnson

I love new water as long as its big I dont like little lakes that are a mere couple thousand acres, I heard from several peaple that the mississippi wasnt that good but for some reason I was still excited about going and learning it and it was awesome I just regret that I only got to see pool 19, I cant wait to go try the other ones ;)
Go Big or Go Home!

Team houston

so cast n blast, is that a maybe for Kentucky lake. lol

dashaver63

Quote from: cast n blast on October 16, 2007, 07:24:08 AM
Quote from: dashaver63 on October 15, 2007, 07:16:55 PM

its funny how oppinions differ I seen that ft madison was on the 2008 stren schedule and immidiatley put it on my wish list, I couldnt think of a funner thing to do than all that flippin and pitchin oh and the top water bite than can last all day and the smallmouth sitting behind the wing dams just waiting to ambush a jig falling over the back of them.....I cant wait what an awesome and diverse fishery;D

I actually would like to get back there, but not as a non-boater. Flipping and pitching behind a skilled fisherman can be discouraging. If he is someone that absolutely takes all the water without reguard for his no-boater, it's a long day back there.

Skip Johnson

Quote from: Team houston on October 17, 2007, 11:42:42 AM
so cast n blast, is that a maybe for Kentucky lake. lol

tempting.... mighty tempting
I realy miss that place.
Go Big or Go Home!

motocross269

Your absolutely right dashaver...that is one of the benefits of fishing all of that big water in the BFLs this year for the Co's.  You can usually catch smallies off of either side of the boat....Burt and Mullet could be tough if you draw somebody that sits on bedding fish...

Waterfoul

[/quote]

I actually would like to get back there, but not as a non-boater. Flipping and pitching behind a skilled fisherman can be discouraging. If he is someone that absolutely takes all the water without reguard for his no-boater, it's a long day back there.
[/quote]

This is exactly why I was so looking forward to the Detroit event.

Any of you ever fish Lake Champlain?  I have family very near to Plattsburg... so it would be a relatively cheap trip for me.  Just wondering if you can get seriously back seated on that body of water?
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Durand Dan

I was in a Everstart tournament a  few years back on Champlain. The guy I fished with the first day pointed to a rock pile and left me fishing in 25 fow. All I caught was a pike that day. The second day got canceled due to rough water. That was pretty dissapointing after traveling all that way.

Skip Johnson

Quote from: motocross269 on October 17, 2007, 07:29:55 PM
Your absolutely right dashaver...that is one of the benefits of fishing all of that big water in the BFLs this year for the Co's.  You can usually catch smallies off of either side of the boat....Burt and Mullet could be tough if you draw somebody that sits on bedding fish...

it could also be a tough draw if someones(name left out) post spawn fish decide to leave over night ::)
Go Big or Go Home!

Team houston

Champlain is an awesome fishery and if you get the chance you should fish it. I have been there twice for stren events. My expierience is if your boater is around fish you will catch some. To me it is a lot like St. Clair and Erie. a lot of times the guy in the back will do better because there is so many fish. Hard to get back seated there.