Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's on your plate today?

Started by djkimmel, January 26, 2016, 09:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I'm thinking about going ice fishing again... though not today. Very windy and a little rainy. I might slide right across the lake. So I have to come up with something else to do. I should probably work on transferring more articles from here in the old design to the new temporary website and design. Got the design done, just working on transferring all the old content.

What does your day have for you?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

Sadly I am packing for Florida.  We leave in the morning.   The good news I should be Bass fishing on Friday.   Stay Warm out there.   Got a Bald Eagle sitting about 200 yards out eating the small fish people have left on the ice.  He looks happy..   

djkimmel

Always nice to have a happy Bald Eagle around. You can rub its head for luck! ;D Safe travels and use sun screen for your protection... :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

I had a township board meeting and split wood...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Dan

Going to work at Cabelas. Not my favorite shift 12-9, but I get excited over toys and discounts. My wife begs me to quit. Can't contain my work pay to spending habits in a positive ratio. 
In the next month and a half, our Cabelas is going to be redesigning the floor plan to concentrate on some of their core areas. Fishing is expanding.
Also working on the homestead. Going to be selling the house in town this Spring and moving up to the cabin. Can't wait. Much more fishing in my future, and I already can fish a lot. Bought a couple of the new Live Target bluegills. They look really good and they give me a new pad fishing alternative. Also bought 3 whopper ploppers. They just look good to
me. They are a new bait that I haven't seen for bass. Much larger versions have been out for muskie, but this will be a breezy day option for topwater. The tail of the bait is like a buzz bait with the way it's designed to rotate. Bought some new stick baits and some ned rigs. Good price now on toe and hand warmers, so I pulled the trigger there on large bags.

Anybody looking for a house in the Hudsonville area I can make you a deal before we list with a realtor.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

stackenem

I heard they  >:(are getting some lunker lake trout and some good whitefish fish on Higgins lake. Might be going up and renting a shanty in a couple of weeks. for now just working every day >:(
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

21XDC

I fished the hot pond today from 11-4 pm... We caught over 100 LM bass, and many non desirables. LOL..  It was nice to catch a few in Jan. Big fish was 4.1 lb.  My biggest was 3.5 lbs. 40 of the fish were good ones... I caught many on a spinnerbait, and many on a drop shot.

We probably saw 70-100 bald eagles.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

Quote from: stackenem on January 27, 2016, 04:01:28 PM
I heard they  >:(are getting some lunker lake trout and some good whitefish fish on Higgins lake. Might be going up and renting a shanty in a couple of weeks. for now just working every day >:(

Sounds like fun (not the work every day part of course). Wonder if they're getting any smelt? Someone recently asked me about where to catch some smelt and I suggested Higgins Lake through the ice.

djkimmel

Quote from: 21XDC on January 27, 2016, 10:23:10 PM
I fished the hot pond today from 11-4 pm... We caught over 100 LM bass, and many non desirables. LOL..  It was nice to catch a few in Jan. Big fish was 4.1 lb.  My biggest was 3.5 lbs. 40 of the fish were good ones... I caught many on a spinnerbait, and many on a drop shot.

We probably saw 70-100 bald eagles.

Now you're making me wish I hadn't asked... ;D I miss fishing there. Maybe later this spring. How did you get in - over the ice? Or is Bolles Harbor open again?

Might go ice fishing tomorrow for some panfish, maybe a pike. Saw one on video that was pretty healthy the other day in this hole I GPS'd for a possible return visit.

21XDC

Bolles is frozen. My friend knows a land owner on the cold backwaters of the hot pond. We launch or carry a small plastic boat across the ice until we break through and get in. Basically risk our lives LOL... 

All the land/home owners have signs on their lawn saying... "Don't even ask" because there have been so many trying to get in...
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

Had heard that is what you do. Not crazy about the 'risk lives' part to catch some bass though I've done a few 'crazy' things over the years too a few times.