Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:20:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Mojo Curse Broken On St. Clair

Started by Skulley, October 07, 2007, 07:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

Mojo Curse Broken On St. Clair!!!!!!

Yes the curse of the Mojo has been broken.   ;D    Revtro's boat looked good cutting the mild chop on St. Clair.  Mojo was wacking fish off the back of the boat like a seasoned vet.  Once I found this concentration of fish around boulders with scattered weeds in 5 to 6 feet of water I caught about fifty fish plus a couple of big muskies that cost me a couple of rattle traps.    :'(   Caught fish on traps, crankbaits, and tubes.  I shook Mojo's hand when I met him at the launch in the morning.  Several in the 3lb range at least two over 4lbs.  :o    No Mojo curse could stop these two boats from catching fish.  Revtro and Mojo had their share of toads, too!!!!   :o  It was a great day on the water.  I would say the "Fabulous Mojo" was why so many were caught.  My boat ran great, too. 

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Not so good news for me ::) I was out all of yesterday. We fished the mile roads 4-8 fow notta. I was dragging a tube, creature bait and even trying a small crank bait nothing. We also went north of the Harley launch. No bites there as well. The next trip on the lake was the mouth of the Detroit River. Nothing there either.. The best place for me to catch fish was around the Harley boat launch.. 2 LM about 4 lbs ea. (I'm sorry but I was desperate) Next year I'm thinking a Canada license will be in my pocket for sure...  ;D
UAWBigDog  hats off to you. I had some help (good help) and still couldn't find fish... I'm just a rookie so I've got that going for me. ahh heck I just suck.  ;D
theres always next time
Anyone heading down to the Detroit this week ?

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Revtro

You mean Lower Detroit River?  I'll be out on St. Clair tomorrow (Tuesday) and Saturday.  I may be in Canada Tuesday, not sure yet.  I have a guest.  If he comes, I'll have to stay in US water.  If that's the case, I'll be focusing on the areas around the mouth of the North Channel in Anchor Bay and some largemouth spots around the North end and by Selfridge just for fun.  If he doesn't come along, it's the South Shore baby! 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

LAPORTE

I'm thnking of trying the launch @ St. Jeans and looking for water to fish in around the mouth of the Detroit/St. Clair on Saturday.  Maybe Canada If I can find some where to get a one day license. Pitching docks instead of rocks if I have to ....lol I just like WACKEN'EM  ;D

Revtro

My understanding is that there is a bait shop right across the river next to a yacht club.  It's supposed to be right across from St. Jean.  A lot of guys motor across and get their Canadian licenses there with no problem.  I'm not sure of what landmark to look for though.  Maybe someone else can help.  And likely guys will tell you that you have to call Canadian Customs to let them know you made landfall.  My understanding is most guys don't call, but you're technically supposed to. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

My son has a soccer game on Saturday at 0830.  I am then planning on either going out of St. Jeans again or maybe going to Belleville.  A guy at work fished Belleville last Friday and caught 12 keeps.  Belleville must be starting to turn on.  It is getting to be that time of year and with this cool weather coming on it will only get better. 

Sunday planning on Erie.  Did good out there for my club tourney and took 3rd with a limit of largies.  Tough bite on the lake with no wind and finicky fish. 

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Mojo

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D - Awww you guys are too kind. We went shallow with shad baits early and caught. Text book.

When the sun came up we went deeper and lost em, opposite Bill went even shallower and caught more !! Shad didnt work shallow - opposite Bill went tubes and we never looked back. Now I wonder if this heat wave sparked botom growth or movement by the craw fish and that drew up back up and in ????   ???

It never was an actual fishing curse ... Fish wasn't the problem. Had all kinds of funk going on with equipment problems. Now if I remember it right ... it all started out with fight club and his boat ...... and WAIT !!! THERE SHE IS !!! He and his date - smokin Elvira - were fightin, and that negative karma carried right over to me and the next few boats !!! They must have broken up because the curse is over.  3 boats in a row.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Skulley

They say things come in threes good and bad.  I would say the curse was over after the third event if there was even a curse at all.  All I know is there were a lot of fish caught that day.

BD            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

yukonjack2

guys - all I can say is  - be careful - the curse still lives!
Albeit small, was out on thurs morning - broke a trolling motor rope - not really possible unless Mojo is nearby.  Beware, it is October the month of all things scary!

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Mojo

;D ;D ;D

Yukon the root of your curse begins and ends with "E" and its full name lives forever across the back of your motor.

Remove those letters and you remove your curse !! Was true 30 years ago when my dad junked his for a Merc and he too lived a fuller water life !!

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Skulley

I got an "E" motor and it has been very reliable.  So that's not it either.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

yukonjack2

oh - the curse live on even more now.he is not even riding in my boat, but near it at the launch - and bam - starter/celanoid problems.  I would not be bashing brands on here mojo - not the place for it - especially from a guy driving a Ford!

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

LAPORTE

In Mojo defense (and I work for Ford) we are getting better....lol  I wish Ford made a bass boat then I could get A plan  ;D
Don L

Skulley

I am a Chrysler guy and there is no mojo curse.  And solenoid problems were notorious on Fords.  We broke that curse on October 6th on St. Clair.  Leave the poor guy alone.   ::)  Peace Brother!!!!!

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com