Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:32:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hot pond on Dec 13th

Started by Manxfishing, November 23, 2015, 05:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manxfishing

Quote from: bob o on December 09, 2015, 12:39:35 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on December 09, 2015, 11:24:26 AM
I'm interested in going but it looks like you're short on boaters. Watching the weather forecast it might be a little rough getting in? Depends on the wind speed and direction. Will SW wind blow the water out some?
SW would make a fun ride back to the ramp

Bob, S/SW is better then the West. Will just need rain gear

bob o

Quote from: Manxfishing on December 09, 2015, 02:54:48 PM
Quote from: bob o on December 09, 2015, 12:39:35 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on December 09, 2015, 11:24:26 AM
I'm interested in going but it looks like you're short on boaters. Watching the weather forecast it might be a little rough getting in? Depends on the wind speed and direction. Will SW wind blow the water out some?
SW would make a fun ride back to the ramp

Bob, S/SW is better then the West. Will just need rain gear

yes i know, Mike and i got caught in 20mph straight from the east last year 3-4 footers, not fun, but the Basscat got us back safe and sound

bigjc

The forecasts I am seeing suggest that rain is most likely, and wind from 10-15 out of the south, so Rain gear is going to be a necessity, and the ride could get bumpy on the way back in.

Manxfishing

Yep, Rain gear for sure
I have a couple extra sets you anyone needs some

My old tiller was a wet boat. The new one has been a dry ride so far
But I've only been in 2-3's so far

Jay-MadWags

Saturday South wind 6mph.
Sunday South wind 14mph.
Good luck.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

bigjc

Weather forecast getting better by the day!

Mojo

Lookin good for Sunday, South wind is good with  chance of rain reducing each day : )

Is there another boater ? Jeri T coming out ? I see Fiker and Yukon Jack are looking for a boater.  :o

Make sure to bring moving baits and some jigs / tubes. Does anyone know how stained the water is from last weeks outing ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

Quote from: YpsiBass on December 08, 2015, 09:42:34 AM
Updated 12/10/15

Semi-official listing of time, location, and matchups:

12/13/15 @ 9:30am at Bolles Harbor Boat Launch - http://goo.gl/p9RUDQ

Pairings so far:

- Frank, Mojo, and mackenzie
- Royce, hollada, and YpsiBass
- Scott T and Dartag
- 21XDC, bob o, and bigjc
- 1lowdiesel with Dan Kimmel

Weather report is being monitored by all involved. We won't be going if it's too windy. Fishing is fun, but it's not worth risking our lives to force it to happen. Trying to find space for Rick Fike. Another confirmed boater would be great. For those of you who are Facebook enabled, I've created a public event because keeping track of all these posts can make one go crazy: https://www.facebook.com/events/1645017939103598/

Can 1lowdiesel take one more ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

No rain in the forecast during the day according to the weather forecasts I'm seeing.

The wind is now forecasted lighter and SSE.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

YpsiBass

With 21XDC's blessing, the trip is on for tomorrow.  Here's the pairings:

- Frank Benning​, Michael Schoemann​, and mackenzie
- Royce Reetz​, Dan Holland​, and John Carter​
- Scott T and Steve Smith
- Mike Lohn, Bob Osen​, and Rick Asadorian​
- 1lowdiesel with Dan Kimmel​

Confirmed Jeri Toner will not be able to make it so it doesn't look like there will be room enough for Rick Fike and Jack Cahn.  See you guys at the Bolles Harbor boat launch at 9:30am.  I'll probably be there a touch earlier because I usually allocate time for getting lost.

djkimmel

As long as we can follow someone right in I guess we'll be all set now. See ya in the morning.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

YpsiBass

Mike, Royce, and Scott all have waypoints in.  I'll make sure we don't leave anyone behind.

Manxfishing

Quote from: YpsiBass on December 12, 2015, 05:15:55 PM
Mike, Royce, and Scott all have waypoints in.  I'll make sure we don't leave anyone behind.

My GPS is down
But it's to the last buoy (8-10') go north and then line up with the channel
There used to be a trench going in.
You can't cut over in the shallow, There's wave breakers out there to protect the harbor
I found them my first time in there.

djkimmel

We got in there just fine and safe. The weather couldn't have been much nicer to get in and out of there, and the fishing was pretty good.