Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:10:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Time for another contest - Let's play GLBass forum trivia

Started by djkimmel, September 27, 2007, 01:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

9/27/07
Thanks to PR expert jcheetam, this latest contest will be a round of GLBass.com forum trivia.

This contest requires some forum investigation. All registered forum members are eligible.

There will be 5 questions that can be answered by posts/information on this forum. You have until the end of next Sunday, 10/7/07 to enter.

Only one entry per member. DO NOT POST your answers here, only questions or comments. Send your answers to me by PM to djkimmel, or by email to 'djkimmel at geatlakesbass dot com.'

If more than one member gets all answers right, my lovely assistant Angie will draw the winners from among all correct entries.

1st prize is the new slickFISH lure - 'The ONLY True Weedless Lure!' It has retracting twin hooks. Check out www.slickfishlure.com for more information.

There's a 2nd runner up prize of a GreatLakesBass.com polo shirt in S size only.

Your GLBass.com Forum Trivia Questions
1) Which GLBass.com member tried to be the first angler to qualify for both the BFL Regional for bass and the FLW Walleye League regional in the same season?

2) When did Team houston fish Lake Cumberland?

3) Which member's 'first 8-pounder' actually weighed 7 pounds 8 oz?

4) What is CWC?

5) What is 'Barely Legal Vixen?'

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Small size only?  Uh, have you seen most of the guys on this board in person?  :)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Yes... but my eyes are bad from looking at this computer 18 hours a day too  :-*

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Congratulations to JCOOPER at the grand prize winner of a new slickFISH lure courtesy of slickFISH Lure company!!

Also congrats to Langer as the 2nd place winner of the contest. Langer will receive a new GreatLakesBass.com polo shirt in small size (what was in the 'prize vault' at this time)!!

Both of these members got all of the answers correct. Thanks for participating guys!!

JCOOPER

First of all, i want to thank my sponsors.  If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the endless amount of time to have read each of the threads in question.  I actually knew most of the 3 of the answers without looking.   

Second if Langer has no use for a small shirt I will trade prizes.  I have 3 little girls that will sport any shirt I put on them!  If not  I will devote as much "rattin' " time to the new slickfish as I can.

Either prize I end up with dan.  If you are going to be at D and R anytime in the next century, you can just drop it off with Randy or at customer service for me.  Or at Mattesons or just about anything to save on some shippin'
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

Langer

Dan I will gladly donate my prize to Jcooper for one of his daughters. He can even keep the Slickfish lure.  Unless that is you want me to work the fishing shows next year wearing the small shirt ( I normally wear xxl), I bet I could drum up some new members.  ;D
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

djkimmel

Quote from: JCOOPER on October 10, 2007, 11:03:00 AM
First of all, i want to thank my sponsors.  If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the endless amount of time to have read each of the threads in question.  I actually knew most of the 3 of the answers without looking.   

Second if Langer has no use for a small shirt I will trade prizes.  I have 3 little girls that will sport any shirt I put on them!  If not  I will devote as much "rattin' " time to the new slickfish as I can.

Either prize I end up with dan.  If you are going to be at D and R anytime in the next century, you can just drop it off with Randy or at customer service for me.  Or at Mattesons or just about anything to save on some shippin'

I thought you were away still in St. Louis?? Looks like Langer doesn't want to spend this winter's shows looking like stretched spandex ;D Not sure when I'll be over on the west side of the state. Probably be a while, maybe not until late winter/early spring. Please advise.

djkimmel

Quote from: Langer on October 10, 2007, 11:14:58 AM
Dan I will gladly donate my prize to Jcooper for one of his daughters. He can even keep the Slickfish lure.  Unless that is you want me to work the fishing shows next year wearing the small shirt ( I normally wear xxl), I bet I could drum up some new members.  ;D

Although the picture of you in a small GLBass polo shirt may haunt me forever... I think the fair thing to do is transfer prizes, so you have now become the proud owner of a bee-yootiful slickFISH lure of your very own. I will make every effort to get it to you before there is no slop fishing left... although it says it works well in any weeds of any kind. Careful. The hooks are sharp (don't hold it tightly in your hands while you yank on the eyelet).

JCOOPER

Yeah I want both prizes to be used and if the small shirt wasnt gonna be I could put that one to use.

Dan,  I am still in STL on during the week but come home every weekend.  I swing by D and R once every 2 weeks or so and my Dad live 2 miles from Matteson.  If its easier you can just email the shirt to me!
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

djkimmel

JCOOPER

I guess you have to be one of a couple people for that to be really funny.

We have tons of the nigerian email scammers always sending emails saying " I want buye ur baot"   Their scam is to always want to send you a check for too much and you have to send them back the difference.  Anytime I get the chance I waste as much of their time as I can. Usually telling them the delay is becuase of " Heavy Glacial Shift"  or "I am sure you seen the assasination of president Uranashole on TV, it has the whole country is disarray"  One time we go as far as getting a check and refusing to send the difference back becuase we are going to simply email the boat to them and take care of shipping ourselves.  Its a new technique that few have mastered but our mailroom as it down.  This confuses them to no end and they eventually go away.

cameraguy

Quote from: Revtro on September 27, 2007, 06:48:21 PM
Small size only?  Uh, have you seen most of the guys on this board in person?  :)

Hey, hey, hey, don't blame Dan for the small polo shirt.  I accidently ordered the wrong size and decided to donate it for a prize instead of sending it back.  Just thought somebody's kid could wear it.  Looks like I was right.  Congrats JCooper!

djkimmel

I know what you mean about those pesky Nigerians. I got one today the started "...if you think this email is scam, just deletes it..." so I did. But I have to go back to my email now. I've apparently won the Irish Lottery - 25,000,000 Flaboons!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THAT IS IN EUROS!!!!

JCOOPER

According to Bondy its about 3000 loonies.

I love Canada, according to the Canadian conversion ratio, I AM a good looking guy.

At Wendy's  you cant order a 5 piece nugget.  They only have 6 (I guess it depends on the day and the provincial nugget conversion rate).

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

"president Uranashole"

Priceless!  Gotta put that one in the ol' bag of tricks...LOL
Jeff