Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

No more Senko?

Started by McCarter, February 06, 2006, 08:19:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

I just read an article about Gary Yamamoto and his decision to no longer market the Senko line of soft plastic baits.

In the article, it said that only Gary and his pro staff member will have access to the bait.  He has obviously made his money selling what turned out to be the hottest bait on the market for years now.  Now, he wants to make sure that he and his pro staffers will have an advantage over the rest of the field by keeping the Senkos to themselves.

What doesnt make any sense to me is this, there are already a ton of imitations out there.  I know that some do not compare to the original.   But take for example the Kinami Flash.  It is made in the exact same molds as the Senko.  With the exact same soft plastic.  ANd the exact same salt content.  It is made to every specification as the Senko, minus the color selection.

Chompers also makes one that in my opinion is as close to the Senko is your going to get without calling it a Senko.

I can understand wanting to have an advantage over the rest of the anglers, but its not like a soft plastic stick bait is a new lure.  It has already been out for almost 10 years.

What do you all think?

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

also remember that Derek Yamamoto is the owner of Kinami so maybe dad is handing it all to the son...  Gary is big into Kobe Beef in Texas.  i think that business is bigger now than the fishing business...  or he could want to retire and fish for fun..  sounds good to me...

better stock up while we can...

i can see it now.   Senkos on the Black Market or Ebay...

blakstr1

Maybe you didn't finish reading the article...it takes a HUGE turn at the end...  ::)

Besides life without a Senko, is no life for me... :'(

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

What article are we talking about?  Is it online?
Jeff

McCarter

http://www.bassresource.com/fishing/Bagwell/bagwells_bass_tactics_22.html

What a jip.  I didnt read the whole article cuz i got called away from my desk.

That Jeremiah Bagwell sure is a 'funny' guy ::)

the nerve of some people.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

Yeah, Bagwell just might need to be bagged!? :o? Actually he hasn't been writing for a while and this was his big re-kick off article.? Sure is getting a wierd start..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

whew that was a close one...  glad i am at work and didn't go out and buy them all.. we would have had poorboy2 here.

think spring
ss

blakstr1

i originally read the article late last night, and about fell over  >:(...i had cut and pasted the article to this board but just before I hit the POST button I read the end...I swore out of relief... :o
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Cheetam

Doesn't he know April 1 is nearly two months away?  I'm sure he would have gotten less blank stares had he justed waited until then...
Jeff

djkimmel

Comedy is very dangerous if performed by a novice...?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MBell

If this was for real the headline would have been..

"Gary Yamamoto is an Idiot!"

On a serious note, the senkos are going up to $6.50 a pack, ouch!!  Now every time you catch a 10 incher out on pontiac it will cost you $0.65.  He has something special, none of the knock offs are close.  I pour my own and it is difficult to match what he sells, worth every penny. 
-Matt 

Savage

I'm not trying to push any baits here, (honest) but the Case Soft Plastics versions are the two closest I have ever found.....

I have not bought a true Yama-senko in years.  Not abig deal unless you consider that every bag of Case Magic sticks I buy, I save $2.00.  Now every 7 bags I buy, I have saved enough dough to go out and pick up a Lucky Craft Pointer.  Hmmmmmm......... ::)

See for yourself below, which one is a real Senko?
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

MBell

My guess is the yama is on the right. If you want some more knock offs I've got some pointers only $10  ;D.
-Matt

Bulletproof

I like the tiki stick as well.
I am haunted by waters.

djkimmel

Quote from: Savage on February 06, 2006, 07:00:28 PM
See for yourself below, which one is a real Senko?

I'm guessing the one in the middle?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

I like the Tiki Bamboo stix for bedding LM, they are the big stix, i had heard they were being discontinued though..seriously!  (maybe this is a bad string to post about something being discontinued..)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

What color for bedders, white?
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

no, obviuosly the tiki's have the wave pattern to them, i've got a brighter green color with black wave, maybe i'll put a picture up here later..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

yukonjack2

I'm thinking the next yamamoto creation after the laminates - the college series - Spartan, big blue, buckeye(boo),...insert your own favorite here.....
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

carolina chip

Carolina Tarheel Blue  :D  ;)