Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

20007 BassFan Army Weekend Warrior Championship

Started by Eric, July 23, 2007, 09:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

This weekend, I had the honor of representing Michigan  in this tournament in Indiana at Syracuse Lake.  I drove down Friday night after work, so I could practice all say Saturday.  I practiced both Wawasee and Syracuse.  Pretty tough fishing.  I found what I think were some release fish on Wawasee, but nothing to win with.  later in the day, i found a flat with some weeds on it and while I was there, 2 other boats showed up.  I began talking to one of them and they caught one.  They put it inthe livewell.  i asked if they were in a tournament and they said they were.  Thinking I may have found something, I told them since they were in a tournament, I would quit fishing, and let them have them.  They said no to keepo fishing, that were plenty of fish there to go around.  Now I am really thinking I found something.  They put 2 more in the livewell before I left, and they told me what they were doing, what color, etc.  They told me they got 11 somehting Wednesday night off that spot, 12 1/2 more Thursday, and they weighed 11 1/2 in that tournament Saturday.  14 something won Saturday, so there are definitely fish in there somewhere.  We had our meeting and partner draw saturday afternoon, and then went to the Indiana president's nouse for a cookout.  This was the highlight of the weekend.  tons of great food, and spent the evening sitting around chatting with everyone.  What a ball that was.  Huge kudos to Doug for putting that on, and even huger kudos to Debbie for preparing the food.  Sunday morning brough a beautiful morning, and i was paired with a guy from Peoria, IL.  We started out on teh flat, then tried a couple of cuts he wanted to try, then back to the flat, then back into Syracuse.  He caught his on teh flat, and I caught mine drop shotting in Syracuse.  We both ended up 2nd.  The guy who won the boater side had 5 Wawasee hawgs, that he caught on buzzbaits under docks.  He waxed us all.  Oh well, great time, great trip, and hopefully I will be able to do it again, someday.  Thanks to all who offered some insight on this fishery.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

thedude

great job eric
taking 2nd on that lake with little to no experience on it is a feat to be proud of. glad you got into some fish!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cheetam

Good job Eric.  Does this qualify you for another tourney?
Jeff

Eric

2nd place in this tournament got me absolutely nothing except having a respectable tournament and showing everyone that Michigan fisherman can catch a few and are pretty cool people.  This is a winner take all tournament basically.  The winner got $500 and gets to fish the National Championship next year for $25,000.  I went down there thinking they took 1 and 2, but they take 1 boater and 1 non boater.  So, nothing for me.  Unless they will go "down the list" if that guy can't or won't go.  Then I will go, but we'll see.

I don't think I've ever seen anywhere that has so many tournaments.  The guys I talked to on the lake had tournaments there Wed, Thurs, Sat, and Sun.  Sunday morning there were tournaments that took off at 6, 6:30, and 7 from one ramp.  Plus there was a night tournament at the other ramp that finished up mid morning and it looked there was a day tournement going out of that ramp also.  All on a 3000 acre lake.  Oh yeah, this lake has as many pleaseure craft as LSC, but all on a long skinny lake.  Every house has a dock, with boats of course, and every lot has a house.  And most them are out boating and skiing starting at 7AM all weekend.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

thedude

ah welcome to indiana.......
you can just about count the number of lakes over 500 acres, north of Indy,  on 1 hand!
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods