Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Thanks to Everyone Regarding the FLW Detroit

Started by Steve Clapper, July 19, 2007, 02:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Clapper

I would like to take a minute to thank all of you that shared a special moment in my families life at the FLW Tour event last week at the Detroit River.   Whether you traveled to the weigh-in, called, e-mailed, stopped by the house, or just shook hands along the way, words cannot describe the friendship we felt!!!  Again, THANK YOU!

God Bless, Steve Clapper

Eric

It was very well deserved.   It couldn't have happened to anyone better, Steve.  Congratulations.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Bryan26

Steve,

No matter how you look at the results, your performance was nothing but spectacular.  I brought my wife to the weigh in on day 4 - you should have seen her sitting on the edge of her seat waiting for you to weigh your fish.

See you at the Wonderland Marine 10K.

Bryan Coates

djkimmel

Pretty rare actually for an angler these days to lead wire to wire in a dominating fashion. I still am just amazed at how easy Steve made it look at times - it was far from easy though as anyone who was out there on some of those days knows! It was nice seeing all the other Erie pros like you Bryan. Thanks for posting on here. See you, Steve and the others at the Wonderland Open August 12.

There'll be more from Steve on the FLW Tour win as I get farther along processing pictures and video, and then get back with him about his interviews. He's one busy angler right now.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Congrats Steve. It was an awesome weigh-in on the final day. I was fortunate enough to be there to witness your win.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Genie

I lived the day vicariously though Mr. Kimmel - I am so jealous of Mr. Clapper and how absolutely professional he is as a man, an angler, and an ambassador to all of us in the fishing world.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

SethV

Steve,

Great job!  It is a great lesson to all of us that there is just no replacement for putting your time in prefishing and executing flawlessly.  You work hard at it and earned the win!  I only hope that I can someday learn the Western Basin half as well as you know it.

Seth

motocross269

Great job...See you at the BFL.  We Co-anglers are going to be fighting over the opportunity to draw you as a boater and learn from the master...I may have to slip Anthony a 20 spot. LOL

djkimmel

That's Steve's wife Linda with him - he told her if he won, she might get to retire permanent... it was very heartwarming to see them together through all of the final day in particular.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Hey Bryan, a big congratulations goes out to you also! 28th place and 1 or 2 bigger bites from the cut. Awesome job!

Bryan26

My big fish were not biting.  My biggest was 3.75lbs for both days.  When faced with such a big tournament, tons of pressure, and all that money on the line being able to go with plan B and bring in a limit each day feels better as each day goes by.  These are 200 of the best fishermen in the world - you can see how the weights got bunched up from 11th place to 60th place (36lbs to 30lbs).  A person needed a 3lb average just to make the top 60.  As a comparison, Steve had a 4.5lb average on the last two days and his closest competitor had a 3.9 average, statistically speaking he is the curve buster.  These numbers should be a guide for anyone interested in fishing this event next year.  The weights may even go up a little if the weather is better next time around.

Bryan   

dashaver63

Bryan, I know you'll get them next time. You have an Everstart win so you know how to get the job done. It's too bad the Gold Series folded, I'll have to look you up at the Detroit River BFL's if your there.