Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

VanDam, Zona headline Ultimate Seminars

Started by djkimmel, December 27, 2014, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Mark Zona, Kevin VanDam Headline Ultimate Seminars

VanDam, Zona, Ott to Entertain Crowds at Michigan's Biggest Fishing Show, January 8-11 in Novi

Headlining this year's all-star seminar lineup are Michigan natives and national bass fishing personalities Kevin VanDam and Mark Zona. VanDam, four time Bassmaster Classic champion and seven time B.A.S.S. Angler Of The Year, will make a special appearance on Friday only. Zona, host of ZONA's Awesome Fishing Show and a regular on several ESPN Outdoors shows including co-hosting The Bassmaster Elite Series Show, will make a special appearance on Thursday only.

In addition to these two celebrities and new to the show this year is T.J. Ott from National Geographic's hit show Wicked Tuna, who will make special appearances on Friday and Saturday.

Read the entire article on GreatLakesBass.com Shows News. The 2015 Ultimate Fishing Show runs January 8 through January 11.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Here is the 2015 Ultimate Fishing Show Detroit floor plan:

(click the image for a bigger version)

SHOW HOURS:
THURSDAY
JANUARY 8
3:00 PM – 9:30 PM

FRIDAY
JANUARY 9
11:00 AM – 9:30 PM

SATURDAY
JANUARY 10
10:00 AM – 9:00 PM

SUNDAY
JANUARY 11
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

ADMISSION:
Adult – $10 | Children (6-14) – $4 | 5 & Under – Free

You can buy tickets online and get a $2 off coupon good for Thursday and Friday only at http://showspan.com/UFD/home/dates-times-admission/

Plus 100 FREE seminars covering every kind of fishing and fish, and advanced seminars for a small fee such as the popular Ultimate Bass Clinic on Saturday, January 10th from 02:30 pm - 04:30 pm in Stage A featuring Capt. Wayne Carpenter, Capt Mike McGrane, Mr. Big Fish Frank Keller and myself.

I featured spybaiting at last year's Ultimate Bass Clinic and it turned out to be the HOTTEST technique of the summer of 2014! With multiple wins and top finishes on big catches of BIG Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass!! I'll be talking about spybaiting in more detail at the show and you can find out what the next HOT bass fishing tips and techniques are at this year's Ultimate Bass Clinic!

Don't find out at the end of the season! Find out BEFORE the season begins! Sign up before the seminar at Wayne's Xtreme Bass Tackle booth to reserve your seat!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MichiganBass80

We are heading down Thursday Afternoon.  I've never gone to any of the seminars.  Is there a charge to get into the ones on lake ultimate?  Looking to check out the 4pm Zona seminar.

stackenem

why is it that the big guys are only there when most people have to work? I think they would draw a bigger crowd if they were there on the weekends.  JMO
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Quote from: MichiganBass80 on January 01, 2015, 06:01:07 PM
We are heading down Thursday Afternoon.  I've never gone to any of the seminars.  Is there a charge to get into the ones on lake ultimate?  Looking to check out the 4pm Zona seminar.

All the seminars are FREE once you're in the show except for the Ultimate Bass/Salmon/Walleye Clinics. That's over 100 FREE seminars!

djkimmel

Quote from: stackenem on January 01, 2015, 08:42:42 PM
why is it that the big guys are only there when most people have to work? I think they would draw a bigger crowd if they were there on the weekends.  JMO

It's their schedules. They would have them there for all 4 days I don't doubt if they could book them for all 4 days. Both of their schedules are packed! I was worried Kevin wouldn't be able to make it this year for 1 day even so I'm glad that got him for one day at least!

Come in the evening. They'll be there for awhile after work yet. Or take the day off!?! Good reason to take a day off! (vs cabin fever at least)