Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:12:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Half Moon Chain

Started by Toadfishn, June 14, 2007, 09:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toadfishn

Hi, I'm new to the forums and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the Half Moon Chain just outside of Pinckney? Any help would be appreciated.

Bender

I fished there a couple of times earlier in May. Caught most of the fish on the waters between Halfmoon, Bruin, and Woodburn. Went back into Blind too, and had only one off the humps in the middle of the lake.
There is a huge flat at the north end of Bruin that I thought would be good, but never had anything on from there.
I would like to get back down there sometime soon, maybe this weekend if I don't go to Kent.
Edit: I left a Limited Edition Rogue that I did some customizing to in a tree down there (don't ask) so maybe I will go back and try to find it.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Toadfishn

Thanks for the info Bender. I wish I could make it back to Kent,  the last time I fished there was June of 06. We caught alot of fish that day including a real nice 5lb LM.

Hooksetter

The Half Moon chain is a good fishery. All the lakes except Hiland have smallies also. Hiland may hold smallies but I've been fishing there for 40 yrs and have never caught a smallie in Hiland. It does have some nice largemouths. It is a slow idle down Hell Creek to get to it, but I know of several tournies that have been won out of there.

In Bruin try the break line across from the campground. Last June we caught a 4 lb. 8 oz. smallie and a 4 lb. 12 oz. largemouth over there 2 days apart, fan casting a Senko along the break. If you have never been there hang to the left as you come out of the channel. That end of the lake is shallow. Also, if you go on the weekend, go early. After 9:00 am Bruin is a non stop parade of Jet Ski's, water skier's and tuber's. The whole chain gets like that on the weekends but you can always find some fishable water.

Patterson has some good smallies in it also. Try cranking the points and throwing tubes and Senko's.

All the lakes in that chain offer good bass fishing. Woodburn is a no wake lake designated as a fishing lake. There are some nice bass there.

PM me if you want some more details.

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

fiker

I haven't been out to the chain in a couple of weeks. My neice that lives on Half Moon told me last weekend that the water level is higher than it's been since 1954. 

I ran into another guy that said the water level is so high that boats can't get through the "tube" going into Patterson.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Bender

I went out there once with Rick ^. He knows the chain really well, would like to go again.
I can't believe the water is that high! The current was really strong earlier in the year going through that tube. I'm headed to Tipsico in the morning though; maybe get down there on Sunday.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

fiker

any time bender, any time.  Just give me a holler.  I'm now out for the summer so .........
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Bender

Is the water still that high? I heard people were tying boats up to their decks the water was so high!
I went out with my father-in-law on North Lake today just south of Halfmoon; caught a lot of bass, no big uns' though, nice lake.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com