Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL new format?

Started by OUTLAW, June 10, 2007, 07:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUTLAW

I herd BFL was going to be a team event next year, has anyone herd the same thing.

motocross269

I guess anything is possible, but I would certainly hope not.  There are enough team circuits out there already.

squid

If FLW went and did a PRO Team Series...that would be AWESOME

REEL_MAN

If it were a team event how would you qualify for the ALL American???? I don't think it will happen.

squid

I don't know...the top 40 teams of each division compete at a regional then the top 40 compete at an all American...sounds simple to me...How else would you do it?

Remember...it would be a TEAM event like the Red fish tournaments...not an individual event...like boater/co-angler stuff.  That is a PRO league.   

OUTLAW

Do you think it would be the best tournament around if that were to happen?

squid

Hard to say at this time.....I would think if it was at the BFL level...no, not really, but you don't know what kind of boat entry you would get...or how much the entry fee is.  Also, if there is a regional and an all American....could be some heavy duty money to be won as a team.  I think it would be fun to see if it goes.  I would enter into it.

Now, on the upper level with better payouts...HELL yeah.  You have major sponsorship money working for you there.  This would work for me...no mandatory fishing from the back...can take turns up front.  Work as a team and only have to come in with 5 fish.....bring it on.

JCOOPER

When I first read Jason's post I thought it was a good idea.  But I considered it as a draw type team.  They wouldnt have to change their format at all.  Just combined weight limits just like in a walleye tourney. 
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

SODY

The walleye tournaments are very good and a blast to fish, if you ever get a chance fish one....its like paying for a charter boat but you get to enjoy the rewards of team play. The only thing I did not like was , your boater provides the gear...It has its ups and downs...Jig up jig down jig up jig down :D

djkimmel

Pure team would be a shock - kind of hard to see why they'd do that. Now, maybe do something like BASS tried with their nonboaters, but more like the Canadian Open does it... I could see there might be some talk about that. Same source for the in-the-water weigh in system too. Only one way to find out for sure... get one of the key FLW Outdoors sloshed on too many Cokes and free hot dogs, and trick him (or her) into telling...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

It could be advantageous to the BFL to go to a team format as evidenced by the current situation at Burt/Mullet (not enough co's). Their current format puts too much emphasis on the division between the boater and the non-boater. At a tournament like the one taking place this weekend the co-angler could be left out in the cold due to the possibility of sight fishing. In the BFL the co-angler is prohibited from being on the front deck for any reason. If the boater chooses to, he can totally ignore the non-boater as he pushes his limit of fish. Which does happen. A team setup would have them working together.
There have been many threads on co-angler ediquite but perhaps one addressing the boater's responsibility might be interesting.  :-\'

squid

Mr. Kimmel,

Why not do it as a total team trail?  I am not a big fan of the draw anyways.  If ya screw up on a fishing location it's both your fault.  If a draw and you get nothing..now it's just the boater who picked the place and you had no say in the location....still screwed, but now you are just upset with the boater...not yourself and/or your teammate.

They have the Red Fish Team Trail...same thing applys. 

I don't like the BASS style of format.  Still has the Co-angler  fishing from the back.  I don't mind back seat fishing...but if I choose to fish up front as a team and work on the same bedded fish......might be better than hoping he catches it while I diddle daddle in the deep end.

squid

I like what Durand Dan says.  I also feel you would get more participation if it was a team...non of this...boater looking for a co-angler...visa versa.  Never a boater on boater situation, never a co-anlger left going home.  If you pay as a team...you would always show up as a team.  Why waste your money if you are not going to show up and fish it?

Eric

Straight up team will never happen.  I don't think they will ever even consider it.  Possibly draw for partners and share weight like the walleye tournaments are.  I still think FLW has co-anglers only as a way to make a little more money and to make sure the guy in the front doesn't cheat. 
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com