Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lions

Started by Skulley, November 03, 2014, 01:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I still say they are no better than a .500 team again this year.  Even with the wins they got so far.  Remember, winning on the road is huge.  They've won a couple where they maybe shouldn't have.  But I still say 8 and 8 or worse.   :o    Boat is put away so I'll be paying more attention.  This is where they'll start choking............... :P

BD                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

YpsiBass

Well this is where their schedule toughens up quite a bit.  Miami, Arizona, New England to start. I'll be surprised if they win one of those.  After that it's 4 divisional games.  They need a healthy offense, but all three TE are injured.  Reggie Bush and Calvin Johnson aren't at 100% more than likely.  Stafford seems worse now that he's got a QB coach.   Hopefully they recognize the offense that's come to fill in roles lately and keep them involved.  We'll see Sunday though!

Got Fish??

I say the Lions go 10 and 6. And win their division. Go Lions!!!!

Skulley

Quote from: Got Fish?? on November 05, 2014, 09:00:14 AM
I say the Lions go 10 and 6. And win their division. Go Lions!!!!

Dreamer. They're not that good and they're banged up pretty bad already. 10 and 6??   ???   You're a dreamer........ :o

BD                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Waterfoul

Wild card playoff team.  They win their first playoff game and go out in the 2nd round. 

You want to talk DREAMER!!??!!??   :D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

Quote from: Waterfoul on November 05, 2014, 12:06:06 PM
Wild card playoff team.  They win their first playoff game and go out in the 2nd round. 

You want to talk DREAMER!!??!!??   :D

I'm glad you said that....... ;)

BD.                             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

With there preseason games, they're 10-3! I think I hear crows... lots and lots of crows...

caw caw caw caw caw... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

t-bone

It will take a Superbowl win before BigDog admits that they have a pretty good team. Defense is play outstanding - tops in the league. They have the tools on offense but just need to get them all in the game together. The thing I don't like is that they really like coming back for the win. A really good team develops the mindset to get the lead and then are mentally tough to keep it. They aren't there mentally yet - that is about confidence and coaching that doesn't just play it safe.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Skulley

Quote from: t-bone on November 16, 2014, 11:47:41 AM
It will take a Superbowl win before BigDog admits that they have a pretty good team.

t-bone, you broke the code. They're the Lions. They always figure out a way to lose. They have just been lucky the last two (2) weeks. Yesterday, a better team beat them. The Lion defense played very well after getting scored on in the early goings.  But defense rarely wins games.  Arizona's defense played well enough themselves.  The Lions are not going to best teams like Arizona and you don't think they're going to win next week against New England do you??  They don't have the offense that is going to be able to put the points on the board against a team like New England who is a better team than Arizona. So before you know it, the Lions will be 7 and 4 going in to the Bears game on Thanksgiving Day. 

Good teams know how to win when the game is on the line.

BD.                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Got Fish??

So here we go, the other best team in the NFL. The patriots are 8/2. Do the Lions step it up on Sunday? Go Lions!

t-bone

Yeah - didn't expect them to beat the Pats on the road. That is tough for any team.
Couldn't watch the game as I'm in India but they look like they got it handed to them pretty good.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

I hope I didn't jinx them (caw caw). ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

You got to be out there if any of you thought that the Lions were going to beat the Patriots on their home field.  The Lions were lucky to even get on the board.  I've said it many times on here.  Good teams find a way to win.  The Lions ARE NOT a good team.  Yes, they are better than they have been but not the caliber team everyone thinks.  They got blown out yesterday by the best team in the NFL.  You match the best offense in the NFL (Patriots) against the best defense in the NFL (Lions) and you would expect a closer game.  To allow that many points and then think your going to win or be the best defense on paper???  It was over in the first quarter even though it was only 7 to 3.  Stafford got sacked twice in the first quarter and that was the beginning of the end.  Mark my words, the Pats will be in the playoffs and possibly the Super Bowl in Feb. 

Quote from: Got Fish?? on November 23, 2014, 11:33:56 AM
So here we go, the other best team in the NFL. The patriots are 8/2. Do the Lions step it up on Sunday? Go Lions!

The other best team in the NFL was and is not the Lions.  Just because they had the other best record does not make them the other best team.  Even if Bush were healthy and playing yesterday wouldn't have made a difference.  Yes, they have beaten some teams that they maybe shouldn't have and they got lucky in two games by winning in the last minutes.  But they have to do that more than twice in a season..............they have to do it week in and week out and they have to do it consistently.  The Lions are not consistent.

Quote from: t-bone on November 24, 2014, 12:15:12 AM
Yeah - didn't expect them to beat the Pats on the road. That is tough for any team.
Couldn't watch the game as I'm in India but they look like they got it handed to them pretty good.

Yeah, they weren't going to beat the Pats on the road.  They wouldn't have beaten them here in Detroit either.  The Pats are by far a way better than the Lions and it showed yesterday obviously.  Have a safe trip home t-bone.

Quote from: djkimmel on November 24, 2014, 09:03:49 AM
I hope I didn't jinx them (caw caw). ;D

The Lions are their own worse enemy.  You can't jinx a team that jinxes themselves.  The Lions just aren't that good.  I'm still standing by my 8 and 8 prediction. 

BD                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Got Fish??

My son and I turned on the family channel after the 3rd quarter, and found an It's a wonderful life marathon. I'm still going to ride this season out until the wheels fall off. GO LIONS!!

Skulley

Quote from: Got Fish?? on November 24, 2014, 12:00:45 PM
My son and I turned on the family channel after the 3rd quarter, and found an It's a wonderful life marathon. I'm still going to ride this season out until the wheels fall off. GO LIONS!!

You hung in there longer than I did and my son said he didn't want to watch it because he said the Lions suck and says he gets tired of watching losing teams.  I was out after the first quarter.  After scoring first on their first possession, the Lions went totally flat.  The Pats D started getting to them and it all fell apart from there.  It was 7 to 3.  Even though the Pats didn't score on their first possession, it really didn't take them long to get the rhythm going.  They picked Detroit's D apart.  The Pats exposed and exploited every weakness in that defense.  Showed a national television audience that Detroit's defense shouldn't be ranked #1.  If they were that good a D, then the score should have been much closer than it was.  The Lions were blown out.  Now this game is behind the Lions............old news.............history.

That said, let's look to Thanksgiving Day against Da Bears.  If Da Bears do their homework and watch all the game films from the Lions game Sunday, Da Bears can win and will spoil another turkey dinner in Detroit.  This isn't going to be easy for the Lions from here on in.  I am so close to eating "crow" again on this forum with the Lions being 7 and 4 and my prediction for the season was no better than 8 and 8, stranger things have happened.  Don't get me wrong, I want the Lions to win, but if they don't I will not be disappointed as I have been in seasons past.  If the Lions can get only two more wins, I will again be eating the best crow I ever tasted.  But I am not confident that they can.  I've been disappointed too many times before by them.

BD                        ;D 

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Got Fish??

It takes a lot to ever spoil my chances. Of enjoying a good meal, and I believe the Lions will defeat Da-Bears on thanksgiving. Rodgers and the Packers stand between the loins and a division championship. It may come down to the final game of the season. I plan on eatting way to much and taking a nap Thursday afternoon.GO LIONS!!

Skulley

So they win on Thanksgiving Day.  Still plenty of games left for them to blow it.  If they don't blow it, it will be the best crow I've ever eaten.

BD                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Caw caw caw! :D I think they're going to do it!

Got Fish??

The Lions won their game on Sunday, but not after  they tried to give a few points back with pentelties. Looking forward   to the next three weeks , the Lions need to keep their guard  up and prepare  for the game with Green Bay . I hope this is not a build  up to a big let down. GO LIONS,!!

Skulley

A winning record for the Lions is an accomplishment. So now they can be 9 and 7 which we all know is better than my 8 and 8 prediction. Let me clear my throat first....."eh hem a caw caw caw."  Best crow I ever ate.  :o 

Anyway, the Lions got 3 tough games. Next week it's Minnesota for the last season home game. They have to take each game one at a time so you can not look past Minnesota even though Green Bay and Chicago are next. The friendly confines of both Lambeau and Soldier Fields have not been good to them.

For the record, my son said they would win the division and make the playoffs. I think he's nuts.

BD.                            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com