Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

NBAA Championship at Hubbard Lake anyone going?

Started by dartag, September 11, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Going up Thursday morning.  Looking forward to smallie fishing.   Going to be interesting to see how many show up. 

Manxfishing

Should be a great fall bite
Only fished the lake once, There's some big smallies in there

Hope you do well, And I'd hope they draw more then the Championship this spring
Let us know how you do

Best of luck

TheFishinPollock

attempting to wake up at 4:30 to head over for the weekend to do soem scoutin.  Good lord this is just early LOL
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Manxfishing

dartag

Got admit that is one beautiful place.  Saw Eagles and Loons every day.  The weather on the other had was probably the worst 4 days I have ever fished in.  Thursday started cold, rainy and very windy.  About noon it went dead calm and cleared up a little.  Fished 9 hours and caught 9 fish.   Good thing is most of them were big fish.  Friday morning was cold.  34 degrees with heavy frost on everything.  Fished different parts of the lake and only caught 3 pike all day.

Saturday was the team championship.  My son had to work so I was on my own.  The wind was howling out of the south so they decided to move the launch to the South end of the lake.   The run to the north side was choppy but not bad. There were storms to the north and it rained some but it.  I had described the day as " Brutal " but had no idea what Sunday would bring.   I ended up with 14.15 for 7th place.  All fish on a drop shot. 

Saturday night it rained hard most of the night.  At 5:00 am there was a huge line of storms just west of Alpena. Driving down to the lake I hit rain a couple times it was hard to see the road.  The wind had switched to the north.  Before leaving home I had put my full coverage helmet in the boat.  At blastoff it was raining pretty hard and I was headed north into the wind.   The helmet made the trip up comfortable.  I caught a 4 pounder in the first 10 minutes then nothing for 2 hours.  By then the wind was up to at least 30 mph.  I was only a 1/2 mile from shore but there were already white caps.   I fished there until noon then went south to a protected cove.  I caught a 4.5 there and that was it.  Heading back to the launch the waves had to be 4 footers and I had to run the troughs like St Clair.   I ended up with 2 fish for 8.5 pounds.  I think only 3 people weighed fish and I got 3rd. 

All and all it was fun.  Met Matt ( Fishing Pollack ) and his crew.  Probably take me a week to dry my boat out.  Made enough to pay for 1/2 the trip and didn't break anything.

Team houston